When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Since it's a Sunday, I think it's appropriate for me to link to the Rev Stu Campbell.

Wings Over Scotland | Catch 2022

The true mark of the SNP-cultist is always take accept their leader's words before acknowledging the blindingly obvious.

As the Rev rightly says; 'the idea of an indyref in 2023 is stone cold dead'

A sobering thought for the Nhats, but a joyous one for everyone else that just wants to get on with their lives.

He is a rather an  unlikeable person in many ways but I always respected his journalistic talents and what he says here, on first reading anyhow, appears to be absolutely realistic.

Would love to hear the opinions of some of our legal eagles on this.

25 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

He is a rather an  unlikeable person in many ways but I always respected his journalistic talents and what he says here, on first reading anyhow, appears to be absolutely realistic.

Would love to hear the opinions of some of our legal eagles on this.

I agree about him being unlikeable.

Did you ever see him being interviewed by Big Sexy?  He looked like if he was to try and crack a smile, his face would fall apart.

Thought the dog collar was decent banter though!

Don't know when we'll be independent but with Starmer now stating he's on board with a hard Brexit and Sarwar's latest attempt to outdo Gordon Brown, we're pretty much on our own anyway. Might as well just go for the full independence and really go our own way.

13 hours ago, Donathan said:

Say Scotland becomes independent in 2026 (the last referendum assumed roughly 18 months for a deal to be done), I think it could take quite some time to get back into the EU.

Honestly I think Scotland would be better trying to go for a Norway/Switzerland type deal than full membership. 

They also said that it would cost £200M to become independent.

29 minutes ago, FFCinthearea said:

They also said that it would cost £200M to become independent.

Is that about 7% of the amount the Tories gave their pals in the PPE debacle? Could be seen as good value against that.

On 09/05/2022 at 09:52, Lex said:

The majority of Tory MP's are interested in one thing: winning elections, and Boris has shown he can win them, and that's why he is staying. The electorate gave him a historic mandate in 2019 and the electorate will have the chance to remove him in 2024. 

Big yikes from me, chief.

52 minutes ago, GTee said:

How any Scot with a bit of self esteem can watch what has been unfolding in Westminster recently and want to stick with the same system is tad confusing. 

WM has an incompetent and mendacious government.  It's great to see the press and the court of public opinion dismantling it.  OK not fast enough but it is happening and hopefully we have a GE soon.

Not sure why you think it's an issue for Scots or - I assume - people in Scotland.  HR matches it in incompetence and mendacity. 

A plague on both their houses.

49 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

WM has an incompetent and mendacious government.  It's great to see the press and the court of public opinion dismantling it.  OK not fast enough but it is happening and hopefully we have a GE soon.

Not sure why you think it's an issue for Scots or - I assume - people in Scotland.  HR matches it in incompetence and mendacity. 

Whataboutery at its finest. I suppose at least we can be grateful it didn’t come this time with some Tweets shared from soon-to-banned alt-right extremists.

7 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

So...

Given tonight's developments within this farce of a government, if there was to be a snap general election would Nicola have the courage to make this a single issue GE?

Lol no

9 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

So...

Given tonight's developments within this farce of a government, if there was to be a snap general election would Nicola have the courage to make this a single issue GE?

There won't be a snap general election. Tories have a big enough majority, and who'd go to the country on the back of this? The newbie will want the next two years to try and rehabilitate the party and their own reputation.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Anyone found a sense of perspective? TK seems to have lost one. 

10 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

So...

Nope.

And if she tried, her attempts would be ignored.

Self-entitled Nats won't get away with trying to hijack a general election.  Everyone other than the cultists will treat it as a normal GE, with Unionist tactical voting higher than ever, leading to the SNP losing seats and further damaging the case for partition.

We won't let them drag Scotland out of the UK against it's will.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

Unless of course, Scotland DOES want to leave the UK now, which is what many people want to establish and confirm. 

If Brexit was NOT a material change in circumstance, then quite frankly you've doubled down on your unionist stance. 

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Unless of course, Scotland DOES want to leave the UK now, which is what many people want to establish and confirm. 

If Brexit was NOT a material change in circumstance, then quite frankly you've doubled down on your unionist stance. 

Many people do, but most don't.

A material change in circumstance shouldn't trigger another referendum anyway.  The issue was settled in 2014, and that's that.

Partition was defeated.