When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, carpetmonster said:

Actually not too terrible and lightyears better than Martin Kettles seething mess from a few days ago.

Still absolutely fascinated by what the "offer" to Scotland will be to keep us in, that isn't just the same old shite, that they have no ability to deliver and wouldn't even if they could. 

On 02/07/2022 at 11:08, Clown Job said:

If we vote against independence next year I think you can pretty much say goodbye to devolution not long after it 

There won't be an independence vote next year.

What bit of 'played like a fiddle' did you miss?

On 01/07/2022 at 19:34, sophia said:

Ursula Von Der Leyen was today gushing about the candidacy of Ukraine for membership of the European Union.

On 01/07/2022 at 22:10, Lex said:

Wait, you don’t think Ukraine is going to become a member of the EU, do you?emoji28.png

That is 100% the suggestion and - in the world of the Nat - iScot will follow.

This is the snake oil the NatWits are buying.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That is 100% the suggestion and - in the world of the Nat - iScot will follow.

This is the snake oil the NatWits are buying.

It's our snake oil 

39 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The thing is and this may well break the very small and angry brains of certain people, an independent Scotland would now be a more attractive and better candidate for EU membership than the UK.

Read today about how the EU are pulling back on Ukraine admission.

Apparently, Germany and France are worried about the influence the Eastern countries would have as their voting rights would be severely diluted after Ukraine’s admission.

We may be talking quite a number of years before admission.

All speculation, of course, but interesting.

58 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

The thing is and this may well break the very small and angry brains of certain people, an independent Scotland would now be a more attractive and better candidate for EU membership than the UK.

"our snake oil" @sophia

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

There won't be an independence vote next year.

What bit of 'played like a fiddle' did you miss?

Since it's a Sunday, I think it's appropriate for me to link to the Rev Stu Campbell.

Wings Over Scotland | Catch 2022

The true mark of the SNP-cultist is always take accept their leader's words before acknowledging the blindingly obvious.

As the Rev rightly says; 'the idea of an indyref in 2023 is stone cold dead'

A sobering thought for the Nhats, but a joyous one for everyone else that just wants to get on with their lives.

Say Scotland becomes independent in 2026 (the last referendum assumed roughly 18 months for a deal to be done), I think it could take quite some time to get back into the EU.

Honestly I think Scotland would be better trying to go for a Norway/Switzerland type deal than full membership. 

8 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Read today about how the EU are pulling back on Ukraine admission.

Apparently, Germany and France are worried about the influence the Eastern countries would have as their voting rights would be severely diluted after Ukraine’s admission.

We may be talking quite a number of years before admission.

All speculation, of course, but interesting.

Hadn't realised we'd literally be leaving the British Isles and upping sticks to Eastern Europe. 

7 hours ago, Donathan said:

Say Scotland becomes independent in 2026 (the last referendum assumed roughly 18 months for a deal to be done), I think it could take quite some time to get back into the EU.

Honestly I think Scotland would be better trying to go for a Norway/Switzerland type deal than full membership. 

The EU issue, while a valid reason for another referendum. Its no short term objective. First you would need another referendum to decide whether to apply to join/rejoin then probably wait forever for the EU to make a decision how that would happen. 

but we dont need it to be promised as happening soon, the main thing is after a yes vote we get to decide if we want to join or not however long that takes. If the Norway option is quicker and possible its another option that could be part of any vote

Edited by BigDoddyKane