When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I don’t see them wanting an independence referendum?

True, I don’t believe they want full independence but some of them want autonomy/devolution.

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/news/opinion/columnists/time-for-yorkshire-independence-draws-near-colin-speakman-3447137

I happen to know a couple of people that are members of the Yorkshire Party.  They sound not unlike SNP supporters.

I’m born and bred Scottish but see myself as primarily British.
Just as a Yorkshireman see himself as British.
Thats the point of this debate.
Everything else is secondary.
You know, I've absolutely no problem with this. c.35% of people in Scotland will tick yes tomorrow and around 35% will vote No. These people are nationalists and unionists and that's absolutely fine. If you and kinky identify yourself as unionists thats fair enough and tbh I quite enjoy kinkys wind ups.
What I'm referring to is the middle 30, they will determine the vote; and I honestly believe the vast majority of them would love to see an independent Scotland. However based on stupidity and msm media influence many of them have the ach, we're too wee, stupid etc mentality which is the shitebaggery that I'm referring too.
We are more than capable of making it a success but this negative cohort is the group which turns me right of my country.

7 hours ago, Zern said:

The UK plans to turn our human rights into "british" rights doesn't fill me with confidence, because what happens to those deemed less than british? No rights for those unfortunates. But that's okay cos they is all people smugglers and criminals and shit. Not sure i see it as a sign of good governance when elsewhere they are looking to avoid their obligations under international law.

The aim is to continue reducing rights for all of us, though it will be couched as necessary to deal with foreigners, criminals, agitators, and any other group that prove to be a useful distraction from what the government is doing. Being "British" isn't going to be much protection for people in the long run; only wealth and privilege.

6 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

You know, I've absolutely no problem with this. c.35% of people in Scotland will tick yes tomorrow and around 35% will vote No. 

That''s a fair summary.  About 1/3rd of Scots are dull-witted 'blood and soil' nationalists and about 1/3rd are 'British 'til I die' zealots.

The battle is for the dim middle.  The non-aligned who will put their mortgages either on Boris's bluster or Nippy's unicorns and rainbows.

If there is to be a ballot in Oct next year - unlikely - then the ones who will change it for Yes or No will not be the politically-minded activists but the chap in Hamilton with a £120,00 mortgage, a £250/month car lease, whose credit cards are maxed and whose wife is inconveniently pregnant.

Will he stick or twist?  That's the big imponderable.  Even Peter Snow's Swingometer is useless here.

7 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

I quite enjoy kinkys wind ups.

OK you could have used the apostrophe but thanks for the comment.  We've always got on well.  I do with most posters.  OK a dozen or so Natwits froth at the mouth when I post but they are mostly empty gourds.  We both know this.

6 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

If you and kinky identify yourself as unionists thats fair enough

My position - as I have stated often and volubly - is that if your answer is a border then you've misunderstood the question.  I direct this at the daft wee tartan gonks who want Scexit and their counterparts who voted for Brexit.

A plague on both your houses.   Both are hopelessly wrong and both are polluting Britain with their nasty politics of identity and division.

If stating that makes me a 'Unionist' then it's a tag I am comfortable with.

Uncontacted peoples - Wikipedia

This is 2 members of an un-contacted tribe in Vale do Javari in Brazil, these indigenous people have lived a simple hunter gatherer lifestyle for centuries. The government have declared an area of 85,000km2 be sealed of to protect these tribes. These 2 members of the tribe believed to be a father and son will have as much say in Indy 2 as some booze hound in Berkshire. 

9 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

1604422791_giphy(7).gif.a70b0c173feb3b5bc76356b3948f5678.gif

It's performance art, nothing more, nothing less. Enjoy it as such.

It's when it gets to the Mike Yarwood "and this is me" bit, it gets a bit strange

23 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Should Scotland be an independent country? Yes/No

The ballot paper was released the other day and i reckon the result would indicate a preference pretty strongly. 

I suspect you're getting mixed up a bit with elections and referendums here. But good try tho.  

The Supreme Court isn’t going to allow this referendum. 

2 hours ago, dirty dingus said:

Uncontacted peoples - Wikipedia

This is 2 members of an un-contacted tribe in Vale do Javari in Brazil, these indigenous people have lived a simple hunter gatherer lifestyle for centuries. The government have declared an area of 85,000km2 be sealed of to protect these tribes. These 2 members of the tribe believed to be a father and son will have as much say in Indy 2 as some booze hound in Berkshire. 

A prime example of how the special breed of Politics Forum Nat will always play the man, not the ball.

Imagine if Unionists were to reply in the same way?  This place would be even worse.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

35 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

A prime example of how the special breed of Politics Forum Nat will always play the man, not the ball.

Imagine if Unionists were to reply in the same way?  This place would be even worse.

Yer Maw

IMG_20190819_002744.jpg

8 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

We can indeed! What you won’t get though, is a similar reaction from me.

I don’t do pointless, meaningless, personal attacks.

I can’t tell you how to post though.

Your the one commenting on a post not directed at you as if your some moral compass on here. Stop trying to get above your pay grade stick to being the point atnd laugh at troll. It suits you.

7 hours ago, Donathan said:

The Supreme Court isn’t going to allow this referendum. 

I don't think so either, and even if it does allow it the UK government will change the Scotland act so that the Scottish parliament can't hold one. 

That's when plan c comes into play. Plebiscite election. 

Scotland wins. 

3 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

I don't think so either, and even if it does allow it the UK government will change the Scotland act so that the Scottish parliament can't hold one. 

That's when plan c comes into play. Plebiscite election. 

Scotland wins. 

'You are not a hostage.' 

'Oh, great, can we see if we want to leave then?' 

'Errrm, no.'