When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

41 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Why?

Because the initial referendum isn’t stating a preference for Scotland to be independent, just saying that the government should go ahead and negotiate a deal which can be debated again at a later date. 

An actual vote on independence itself is outwith the remit of the Scottish Parliament. 

3 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Because the initial referendum isn’t stating a preference for Scotland to be independent, just saying that the government should go ahead and negotiate a deal which can be debated again at a later date. 

An actual vote on independence itself is outwith the remit of the Scottish Parliament. 

Should Scotland be an independent country? Yes/No

The ballot paper was released the other day and i reckon the result would indicate a preference pretty strongly. 

I suspect you're getting mixed up a bit with elections and referendums here. But good try tho.  

I got a dinghy for Christmas just passed (It's an Explorer Pro 200, top of the range*) and I would like to be first to reserve a time slot whereby I can tow a submarine out the Gare Loch and down to Portsmouth.

*the range of dinghy's on Amazon priced exactly £26.95

19 hours ago, Clown Job said:

We are better together because we want access to your resources 

Not exactly surprising from the guy who doesn’t believe in human rights, economic or social rights mind you

That should be played every week from now until the referendum 

3 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Former UKIP member and Holocaust denier to host Brexit Day event in Glasgow - Daily Record

If we're talking about this manky jaiket. (Looks like a shirt to me)

EzGJopsWYAAogqr.jpg

He must have hated using the word green in his political party name but it was a means to an end (electoral fraud)

Again, no denial that the holocaust took place.

Daily Telegraph first out of the starting blocks in the "things Scotland won't get if independent" 😂 

Brussels would insist Scotland treats England as a "third country", which means fresh English sausages, live mussels and unfrozen lasagne would be banned north of the border.

7 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Daily Telegraph first out of the starting blocks in the "things Scotland won't get if independent" 😂 

Brussels would insist Scotland treats England as a "third country", which means fresh English sausages, live mussels and unfrozen lasagne would be banned north of the border.

Aye, the self-isolation the Brexit Britain has imposed on itself means it’s spoiled for choice as to where its produce goes - it can really afford to lose yet more trade.

8 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Aye, the self-isolation the Brexit Britain has imposed on itself means it’s spoiled for choice as to where its produce goes - it can really afford to lose yet more trade.

James O'Brien on LBC refers to the UK as the only country that has ever imposed economic sanctions on itself. Fair point. 

Scotland can fuk right off if it votes No again. Not having the balls to look after our own affairs and build a strong forward looking nation cements us as a region of England. All the no voters saying but but but is just swivel eyed pish. Scottish people have absolutely no control of who its national government is on the national stage. England will and always will decide that and frankly its embarrassing.
Another no vote, based on the utter contempt we have been shown by the UK government since last referendum solidifies the Scottish people as the most servile population on the planet.

9 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Scotland can fuk right off if it votes No again. Not having the balls to look after our own affairs and build a strong forward looking nation cements us as a region of England. All the no voters saying but but but is just swivel eyed pish. Scottish people have absolutely no control of who its national government is on the national stage. England will and always will decide that and frankly its embarrassing.
Another no vote, based on the utter contempt we have been shown by the UK government since last referendum solidifies the Scottish people as the most servile population on the planet.

You have the same right to vote as every other UK citizen.  We all vote an MP for our respective areas.

National elections are country-wide.

Interesting you say Scotland can ‘f*** right off’ though.  Are you Scottish?

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

2014 was disappointing to say the least. The prospect of losing again, given everything that’s happened since then, is sickening. Sadly I think another No vote will be returned because Scotland seems to be a country full of negative, feart shitebags. In the event of another No vote I would strongly consider moving abroad. At present, the immediate future in the UK looks incredibly bleak. The cost of living crisis will only get worse it seems. The Tories have no credible opposition and have the majority of the British public on strings - they are virtually unstoppable. If we lost the next Indy ref it would be depressing beyond belief and I’d be left with little hope for my future prospects here in Scotland. I’d probably fancy moving to a nation where it’s government cares more about its citizens and I could make a better living for myself.

13 hours ago, Left Back said:

I assume you’ve read the criteria for winning that Sturgeon has proposed?

That has been clarified and corrected. I was mistaken. Majority of votes. It is very possible.

4 minutes ago, Zern said:

SNP have set records before. Every hurdle set has been met and exceeded so far.

I can think of one fairly notable exception to that.

Regardless, it's going to be very difficult.

1 minute ago, G51 said:

I can think of one fairly notable exception to that.

Regardless, it's going to be very difficult.

They managed to get the referendum. That was exceptional.

It is. But we're beginning from higher support base from last time, and there is time to give each paper on the issues around this their due. A well done campaign should increase that. It's been a good start.

Unionist support is polling much lower than the result from last time. It suggests that there is less enthusiasm on that side. Lack of a coherent campaign from the unionists is unlikely to help.

1 minute ago, Zern said:

They managed to get the referendum. That was exceptional.

It is. But we're beginning from higher support base from last time, and there is time to give each paper on the issues around this their due. A well done campaign should increase that. It's been a good start.

Unionist support is polling much lower than the result from last time. It suggests that there is less enthusiasm on that side. Lack of a coherent campaign from the unionists is unlikely to help.

They also managed to lose it to a campaign fronted by Alistair Darling, which was exceptional in a very different way.

Time will tell, and it's impossible to know what it'll look like whenever this GE is actually held. But if you were pricing it up today, I don't think you'd have the SNP odds-on to win that majority of votes.