When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

i think the opposite I think this time it will be relatively easy for Yes to win. That deosnt mean it wont take a lot of hard work and reaching out to all voters. I just think the odds are so stacked in Yes favour with Brexit, a particulary unpleasent tory party, the most unpopular leader since thatcher in Scotland and if its true the fact that a lot of nationalists seem to think the younger generations are massively pro indy. All that to me indicates a walk in the park with a reasonably competent campaign. 

The hardest bit will be getting the referendum

Edited by BigDoddyKane

30 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

i think the opposite I think this time it will be relatively easy for Yes to win. That deosnt mean it wont take a lot of hard work and reaching out to all voters. I just think the odds are so stacked in Yes favour with Brexit, a particulary unpleasent tory party, the most unpopular leader since thatcher in Scotland and if its true the fact that a lot of nationalists seem to think the younger generations are massively pro indy. All that to me indicates a walk in the park with a reasonably competent campaign. 

The hardest bit will be getting the referendum

The next hardest bit will be getting the younger pro-Indy voters to get off their arses and vote.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The next hardest bit will be getting the younger pro-Indy voters to get off their arses and vote.

Will it though? It'll be more those undecided people that need convincing more like. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Not if the energy shown on the campaign trail last time around is anything to go by. Here's hoping it carries on.

11 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Will it though? It'll be more those undecided people that need convincing more like. 

8 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Not if the energy shown on the campaign trail last time around is anything to go by. Here's hoping it carries on.

At the time of IndyRef I polls suggested young folk favoured Independence but the post polling analysis below shows a different story.  So the pro-Indy youth didn’t bother getting off their arses last time around.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-34283948

As I originally pointed out, Blair MacDougal was lying when he said it was an SNP march. That remains a fact.
The marchers were addressed by .members of various political parties & organisations, including one SNP politician. 
I'm pretty sure that Mankyjaiket & his rent-a-mob will have addressed the crowd too. Their blood & soil British Nationalism is probably the closest equivalent to the arseholes in the Scottish Resistance. I've condemned both groups before, and am happy to do so again.
McDougall has a history of being economical with the truth when it comes to these sorts of events.

27 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
On 26/06/2022 at 22:49, Duries Air Freshener said:

I strongly suspect your assessment of ‘mankyjaiket’ will be incorrect.
I know how often Unionists are demonised with exaggerations, falsehoods and assumptions from the tartan echo-chamber.

It's not a lie - he's a holocaust denier.

I very much doubt that.

5 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Well, that’s my take on it anyway. Don’t see how you can’t see that. If the majority vote for a party that have clearly stated they are standing on the single issue of independence, that’s clear proof that the majority want independence.

However, I have sympathy with those who are in favour of the Union, given we’ve had a result in 2014 in favour of the staying part of the UK. 8 years isn’t a long time, but a lot has happened in 8 years. 10 years by the time 2024 comes, but still.

One thing that hasn't happened in 8 years is more than a handful of opinion polls showing a lead for Yes. 

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

One thing that hasn't happened in 8 years is more than a handful of opinion polls showing a lead for Yes. 

How many opinion polls showed a lead for “Leave” in the eight years prior to 2016?

16 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Imagine if the EU had told the UK it couldn't have referendum unless the EU agreed to it?

That would be just like the EU, the evil b*****ds, stealing sovereignty from members - not like the glorious and respectful British unio…

oh.7879611E-FA63-48D6-AEE3-E5D02ED956DC.gif.39f3ddd8dc2ff0dc7c8ea81c6612f9ee.gif

Edited by Antlion

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

DRoss playing the "divisive referendum" klaxon - maybe we shouldn't bother with elections either as they are divisive as well?

Is this the same Dross who campaigned to divide the UK from the EU during a divisive referendum he supported because his divisive master told him to? That Dross?

8 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

However, it would be confirmation that the majority of people in Scotland want independence. Then when the (reckless) Toaries refuse a Section 30 order it has them refusing to acknowledge the will of the Scottish people to be an independent nation. 

It wouldn’t be confirmation at all. There are many folk who don’t vote in general elections because they don’t want to vote for any of the parties. Because it’s first past the post, many seats have very limited options standing.

Just because the SNP want to make it a single issue vote doesn’t make it so.

The SNP can totally make it a single issue vote. Nothing stopping them from doing this, especially if they flag it up in plenty of time beforehand.

The GE, because of the quirks of FPTP, is an easier win for them. I expect some support from the Greens and Alba too. Lending votes to the cause.

Will the unionists unite?

Will they 'eck.

8 minutes ago, Zern said:

The SNP can totally make it a single issue vote. Nothing stopping them from doing this, especially if they flag it up in plenty of time beforehand.

The GE, because of the quirks of FPTP, is an easier win for them. I expect some support from the Greens and Alba too. Lending votes to the cause.

Will the unionists unite?

Will they 'eck.

I assume you’ve read the criteria for winning that Sturgeon has proposed?

Some speculation that the Supreme Court will shoot down a binding referendum but could allow a consultive referendum with the question being along the lines of “Should the Scottish Government enter negotiations for Scotland to become an independent country?”

If that’s the case there would probably need to be another referendum on the final deal. 

6 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Some speculation that the Supreme Court will shoot down a binding referendum but could allow a consultive referendum with the question being along the lines of “Should the Scottish Government enter negotiations for Scotland to become an independent country?”

If that’s the case there would probably need to be another referendum on the final deal. 

Why?

10 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

I very much doubt that.

Former UKIP member and Holocaust denier to host Brexit Day event in Glasgow - Daily Record

McConnachie, who was barred from Nigel Farage's former party in 2001 after making comments about the Holocaust in an email to members of UKIP, is encouraging "like minded" people to take to the streets of Glasgow. 

In the email he wrote: "I don't accept that gas chambers were used to execute Jews for the simple fact there is no direct physical evidence to show that such gas chambers ever existed...There are no photographs or films of execution gas chambers...Alleged eyewitness accounts are revealed as false or highly exaggerated."

If we're talking about this manky jaiket. (Looks like a shirt to me)

EzGJopsWYAAogqr.jpg

He must have hated using the word green in his political party name but it was a means to an end (electoral fraud)