When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

46 minutes ago, Wee Bully said:

My team: Rangers

Please remember that some of us can separate politics from what is, after all, only a game. 

The lickspittle, nauseating, forelock tugging, monarchy-idolising wankerocity that support the same football team as me don't speak for me any more than I'll speak for them. 

I quite liked the post from someone about singing "you're not British any more!"... Hell, I might even join in. 

The twisting of "opinion" has started already of course. Some correspondent on the telly earlier mentioned that part of the decision would focus on the record of the SNP in Government. Fair enough as far as it went, but it seemed to ignore the herd of elephants in the room - the record and attitudes of the Westminster Government. 

If I had one wish, it would be repeated contributions to the "debate" by utter balloons like Patel, Rees-Mogg, Lord Foulkes of Cumnock and in the final days, a visit by Boris, the "Minister for the Union".  Trouble is, the No campaign knows that these spokespeople for the Union would be utter liabilities for their cause, blissfully ignoring the very fact that we are stuck with them and their ilk whether we like it or not and that the system that allows them any role in the government of Scotland is the very thing the SNP and Greens want to ditch. 

Edited by Salt n Vinegar

Who gives a f**k what a generation is, it isn't in any Indy ref 1 legislation saying Scotland would have to wait a generation if the first one was unsuccessful.  It was a stupid soundbite trying to highlight the importance of getting people out voting in the first one that britnats, politicians and the compliant media hold on to like some comfort blanket with a wee let's deny democracy label on it. 

It's happening so stop the knicker wetting and put the positive case for the Union.

Laugh Lol GIF by PG Tips

I’m not sure how I feel about yesterdays developments. 

on one hand, I hope it’s true that the debate will move on from can they/can’t they on a referendum while the court decides and the SNP Will put forward the case for independence. I will re-iterate that they really, really need to do a good job there or this is dead from the start. 

Im not convinced at all by the GE plan. I don’t see it going well for them and even if it did what’s to stop the uk government from shrugging their shoulders and brass necking it out? 

Feels more like posturing to me and they’ll hope it won’t get to that. 

45 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’m not sure how I feel about yesterdays developments. 

on one hand, I hope it’s true that the debate will move on from can they/can’t they on a referendum while the court decides and the SNP Will put forward the case for independence. I will re-iterate that they really, really need to do a good job there or this is dead from the start. 

Im not convinced at all by the GE plan. I don’t see it going well for them and even if it did what’s to stop the uk government from shrugging their shoulders and brass necking it out? 

Feels more like posturing to me and they’ll hope it won’t get to that. 

what do you suggest should have been announced instead? 

50 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

what do you suggest should have been announced instead? 

I don’t pretend to have better options, I just think the GE strategy is unlikely to succeed. 

Taking the legality of a referendum to court and turning the focus to a credible plan for independence I think is positive and I hope it materialises. 

9 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

At least Nicola went on the offensive for once. Telling the (reckless) Toaries that if they don’t allow a referendum the SNP will run for the 2024 General Election on a ‘vote yes for independence’ platform and turn it into a de facto referendum is a move. Not sure how successful it’ll be in achieving independence. Possibly not very, but it’s something at least.

You guys are easily bought. 

"Something" being the fact that the SNP will take part in a GE like they regularly do. 

10 hours ago, coprolite said:

I wasn't on here in 2014. 

I'll bet there was a high level of mutual respect between the sides and level headed contemplation of the pros and cons. 

Something like that, yes...

10 hours ago, Left Back said:

The SNP that make up the SG have been pushing for Scotland to be independent as long as I’ve been alive.

It’s not a new concept and sod all to do with how big a bunch of c***s the current UK gov are.

ETA I’m knocking on 50 for context.  I remember being a young teenager and lads older than me that were allowed to vote saying they were voting SNP for independence.

I remember Winnie Ewing winning the 1967 Hamilton by-election.

One thing has to be agreed , after this indy and imo it will happen , when exactly its the difficult part. It has to be the last one for a long while. 

Get indy done by Oct next year and have it in writing we are done with the question whatever the result until 2045 earliest. 

22 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

You guys are easily bought. 

"Something" being the fact that the SNP will take part in a GE like they regularly do. 

‘Something’ is stating that it’s a single issue. Previously, back in the mists of time in the ‘90s, the Tories who were in power at that time, said that if people wanted independence they could just vote for it. That’s because they never foresaw the SNP getting the majority of MPs in Scotland. Then they changed their tune.

The SNP explicitly saying that the 2024 General Election (in terms of Scotland) is a de facto vote for independence at least shows that if they get a majority of votes it is purely on the independence issue. Could backfire on them I suppose, as I don’t think many people will be hugely impressed with what the SNP MPs have achieved since 2015. I was planning to vote Labour in the hope of getting the Tories out.

11 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

One thing has to be agreed , after this indy and imo it will happen , when exactly its the difficult part. It has to be the last one for a long while. 

Get indy done by Oct next year and have it in writing we are done with the question whatever the result until 2045 earliest. 

“You can have your referendum…. but…. it will be the only one…. until TWENTY-FORTY-FIVE”

amDf1Im.jpg

Why?

Just now, Scary Bear said:

‘Something’ is stating that it’s a single issue. Previously, back in the mists of time in the ‘90s, the Tories who were in power at that time, said that if people wanted independence they could just vote for it. That’s because they never foresaw the SNP getting the majority of MPs in Scotland. Then they changed their tune.

The SNP explicitly saying that the 2024 General Election (in terms of Scotland) is a de facto vote for independence at least shows that if they get a majority of votes it is purely on the independence issue. Could backfire on them I suppose, as I don’t think many people will be hugely impressed with what the SNP MPs have achieved since 2015. I was planning to vote Labour in the hope of getting the Tories out.

The SNP saying it's a single issue GE doesn't change anything about the mandate, mechanisms or impact of the GE. They'd be exactly where they are now. 

They pretty much campaign every GE on this single issue anyway. Nicola says so isn't going to unlock this issue, it's empty rhetoric, why would other MPs play along with this ridiculous game. Local MPs will try and win their seats and promote local issues and vote winning subjects no matter what Nicola tells her worshippers.