When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

12 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

What is lost on most arguing against independence is that independence and the SNP are not one in the same. 

ScotchNats have to make that argument since the last 8 years of Sturgeon's reign have been a complete clusterfuck.

"Ignore how bad we've been.  I promise jam tomorrow"

13 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

FFS, in a so-called "Union of equals" who the f**k are a parliament in London to deny the people of Scotland  the opportunity to have a democratic vote on their self determination?

It's a unitary nation state and has been since 1707.  What we decent people are railing against is it being partitioned by cosplaying Anglophobes.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

It's a unitary nation state and has been since 1707.  What we decent people are railing against is it being partitioned by cosplaying Anglophobes.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

ScotchNats have to make that argument since the last 8 years of Sturgeon's reign have been a complete clusterfuck.

"Ignore how bad we've been.  I promise jam tomorrow"

That's fair enough if you can point out what was better about Nicola's reign prior to the last eight years.

18 minutes ago, Theyellowbox said:

What is lost on most arguing against independence is that independence and the SNP are not one in the same.

I think that's an outrageous statement (not saying you agree with it, though) and kind of falls into the "too stupid" argument. People are very aware that the issue at hand is wether or not Scotland can become an independent country and function as most independent countries do. Those arguing against independence might make the case that indy and SNP are the same, many more see through it.

2 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

I think that's an outrageous statement (not saying you agree with it, though) and kind of falls into the "too stupid" argument. People are very aware that the issue at hand is wether or not Scotland can become an independent country and function as most independent countries do. Those arguing against independence might make the case that indy and SNP are the same, many more see through it.

People are very aware that the issue at hand is that Britain should not be partitioned on the say so of 8% of its population.

Scotland is neither socially nor politically homogeneous.  This is natural since we've all been the same nation for over 300 years.  So, at its heart, Nationalism is based on a falsehood.

9 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

They've had all afternoon and most of the evening to recover from the shock of being out manoeuvred and all they've got is "publicity stunt" "can down the road" and the ramblings of a household solvent addicted old racist who thinks this is in some way similar to the creation of Pakistan. 

Yeah Nicola Sturgeon on the telly demanding a referendum as she's done for the past decade is really not what anyone without an entrenched position would consider out manoeuvring the opposition. 

If her side wins the courts battle then she would have done so but right now it's just posture. 

The main blockage in the Indy vision is the inability to discuss or improve any of the arguments that lost them the last referendum. 

As I said before it all so far seems very Brexity and "trust me" politics without a slither of a convincing argument being presented. The lack of confidence in the willingness to present a positive Indy case is extremely telling right now. 

2 minutes ago, Albus Bulbasaur said:

Yeah Nicola Sturgeon on the telly demanding a referendum as she's done for the past decade is really not what anyone without an entrenched position would consider out manoeuvring the opposition. 

If her side wins the courts battle then she would have done so but right now it's just posture. 

The main blockage in the Indy vision is the inability to discuss or improve any of the arguments that lost them the last referendum. 

As I said before it all so far seems very Brexity and "trust me" politics without a slither of a convincing argument being presented. The lack of confidence in the willingness to present a positive Indy case is extremely telling right now. 

Hate to give the game away or paint this in primary colour crayon for you but every avenue in the pursuit of a vote is win win. If no s30 and SC rules against a consultative referendum this will make a fundamental change to the constitutional make up of the UK. It will stop being a voluntary union where the question can be avoided with "now is not the time" to an established position that "now can never be the time."

It will kill the union in concept and reality before any vote in Scotland takes place. 

19 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

People are very aware that the issue at hand is that Britain should not be partitioned on the say so of 8% of its population.

Scotland is neither socially nor politically homogeneous.  This is natural since we've all been the same nation for over 300 years.  So, at its heart, Nationalism is based on a falsehood.

On what percentage of the vote did the UK partition Ireland?