When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Davidson’s patter is class.

9 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

You've spelled crass wrong.

9 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Incorrect.

OK, you've spelled crass incorrect. 

Does Jim Davidson still bring his mate Chalky White along to gigs?

I must have been thick as mince when I was wee, as I never twigged that he was supposed to be West Indian, and there were plenty of folk from there in the area I grew up.

This is a question for the well informed about the House of Commons. I'm asking because I genuinely don't know, not because I do know and am trying to score a point. 

How often in the past say 25 years have MPs received a pay rise at or below the prevailing rate of inflation? Over the same period, what was the pay rise across the public sector?

31 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

This is a question for the well informed about the House of Commons. I'm asking because I genuinely don't know, not because I do know and am trying to score a point. 

How often in the past say 25 years have MPs received a pay rise at or below the prevailing rate of inflation? Over the same period, what was the pay rise across the public sector?

MPs pay rises are recommended by an independent review body and one of the factors they use to calculate recommended increases is public sector pay. I've no idea and can't be arsed looking at figures but I don't think there's much to moan about here tbh. 

They get paid pretty well and I'm OK with that but that should also mean they shouldn't have second jobs and their personal finances, gifts, freebies etc should be totally transparent and squeaky fucking clean. 

ETA what an entertaining meltdown above. Lovely to see, will read again. 

Edited by williemillersmoustache

41 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

14 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

MPs pay rises are recommended by an independent review body and one of the factors they use to calculate recommended increases is public sector pay. I've no idea and can't be arsed looking at figures but I don't think there's much to moan about here tbh. 

They get paid pretty well and I'm OK with that but that should also mean they shouldn't have second jobs and their personal finances, gifts, freebies etc should be totally transparent and squeaky fucking clean. 

https://fullfact.org/online/public-sector-salaries/

13 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Tremendous "if you want a better society, you should offer to pay for it yourself" vibes.

In all the years of attacking the working and (now) the middle classes, I don't think he's ever had a bad thing to say about the high earners who've worked so hard to minimise their contribution. Presumably he's daft enough to think he is one.

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The "reckless Tories" tactic has made no significant difference to opinion polls at all since the last referendum. Given the events of the last 8 years, that SHOULD be telling Sturgeon that she needs a different tune if she is to gain critical mass in the push to win IndyRef2.

IndyRef 1 threw up a ton of questions and in 8 years none of them have been answered to the satisfaction of wavering voters.

There's been no serious grand vision of the future beyond flag waving and "reckless Tories" and frankly that is an incredible state of affairs. This is what endless caution does. It paralyses people like Sturgeon because they are terrified of opening their mouths and articulating what they actually want to do with the powers they are asking for, for fear of those plans being shown to be fallible. So we're left with this vacuum of ambition and rudderless leadership which sucks the life out of everything.

Scotland described in one sentence.

13 hours ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Davidson’s patter is class.

And Bernard Manning could be witty and deliver a punchline but he was still a racist old fat w****r.

5 minutes ago, AndyM said:

And Bernard Manning could be witty and deliver a punchline but he was still a racist old fat w****r.

Bernard Manning was brilliant, unless you're a snivelling snowflake that places anything to do with race on a pedestal.

Unless it's against whites of course.

Edited by Duries Air Freshener

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I'm the oaksoft who is wondering why any left winger would support public sector workers on £50k getting even more money at the expense of those public workers who are barely scraping by given that there is a limited pot of money for public sector pay rises.

And I'm concluding that everyone is a left winger as long as other people are paying for it all. Everyone is "gangsta" until your Sky subscription is at risk. You talk left (and my GOD do you talk!!!) but the reality is that you wouldn't sacrifice a single penny of your own money to help the poorest in society.

I'm calling out most of you as fake lefties (with the exception of about 2 posters that I can think of).

I'm saying that you are as bad as the Tories that you screech about. Both of you hate entire groups of people as being "the reason why we're all in the shite" without any understanding of what is going on and that it's "other people" who should be paying for everything.

I'm saying  that life under the politics people like you espouse would be every bit as shite as that under the Tories.

If you need me to explain further I'll be very happy to do so.

I don't want you to explain or be happy so that's that sorted.

Edited by GTG_03

2 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Bernard Manning was brilliant, unless you're a snivelling snowflake that places anything to do with race on a pedestal.

Unless it's against whites of course.

And you misunderstand which is no surprise.  Good comedy punches up. It doesn't punch down at those that can't defend themselves.  As a straight white male who has been through University twice and is from a Forces family I'm not threatened in anyway  by jokes against me. I find self deprecation and Dad jokes about me work very well. 

But I grew up in the 70s and 80s when Davidson and Manning were on tv and their "Poofs, Blacks, Pakis and bloody Wimmen" shit was the thin end of the wedge to a lot of people who ran a gauntlet in life every day. 

12 minutes ago, AndyM said:

And you misunderstand which is no surprise.  Good comedy punches up. It doesn't punch down at those that can't defend themselves.  As a straight white male who has been through University twice and is from a Forces family I'm not threatened in anyway  by jokes against me. I find self deprecation and Dad jokes about me work very well. 

But I grew up in the 70s and 80s when Davidson and Manning were on tv and their "Poofs, Blacks, Pakis and bloody Wimmen" shit was the thin end of the wedge to a lot of people who ran a gauntlet in life every day. 

Thankfully Manning didn't punch down at anyone that can't defend themselves at all.  He didn't attack anyone for their race, but made non-threatening jokes.

Thankfully Manning didn't punch down at anyone that can't defend themselves at all.  He didn't attack anyone for their race, but made non-threatening jokes.
Just f**k off you racist apologist piece of trolling shit ffs. A new low even for you and your alter ego(s)

Just now, Billy Jean King said:
5 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Just f**k off you racist apologist piece of trolling shit ffs. A new low even for you and your alter ego(s)

Charming.

No trolling at this end, but won't be reacting to your silly and incorrect abuse.

7 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Did you ever actually see his comedy?  Even when he was in the last chance saloon on Mrs Merton (the first time he'd been on tv for years) he couldn't resist reverting to  type and raving ignorantly on about "Pakis and Queers".

My late old fella who was an unreconstructed man's man, an ex Royal Marine Sgt, though you'd probably call him a snivelling snowflake for saying that he thought Manning was a bigoted disgrace and Davidson was a Tory arse licker who pretends to care about the Troops but is basically doing it for cash and recognition.

Nae offence intended here BJK, but by interacting with this fool, you are getting exactly what you bargain for.

12 minutes ago, Billy Jean King said:
17 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

Of course you're absolutely right but that's no excuse for giving this desperate little shit the time of day. Desist.