When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

31 minutes ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

The only people to 'blame' (sic) for us leaving the EU are the voters, including 38% of Scots who voted leave.

This is idiotic. Brexit is a direct result of the decades long conflict within the Conservative party between the crazy English/British nationalist wing and the old pro Europe one nation branch.

One nation Cameron held a referendum to call out the crazies. The crazies appealed to the base instincts of the double digit IQ masses and the crazies won.

F@ck all to do with Scotland...everything to do with an idealogical struggle within a foreign political party........but we are stuck with a decision.....not made by us.....that will do decades of harm to us.

These days. You get arrested, and thrown in jail, just for saying THE ENGLISH. These days, arrested and thrown in jail, just for saying the English. Arrested. Thrown in jail. Just for saying the English. These days. If you say the English, you get arrested and thrown in jail. Just for saying the English, these days, you get arrested. And thrown in jail. If you say the English. Arrested and thrown in jail. These days.

These days. You get arrested, and thrown in jail, just for saying THE ENGLISH. These days, arrested and thrown in jail, just for saying the English. Arrested. Thrown in jail. Just for saying the English. These days. If you say the English, you get arrested and thrown in jail. Just for saying the English, these days, you get arrested. And thrown in jail. If you say the English. Arrested and thrown in jail. These days.
When did this come in?!

32 minutes ago, Blootoon87 said:

When did this come in?!

When THAT WOMAN became Dictator of Scotland.

Or possibly Fat Salmond and his old wife. I forget.

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Except we all know that's a piece of nonsense.

It's a bone tossed to the Natter dafties.

You seem to think that partitioning Britain has some geopolitical resonance.  It doesn't.

It's all about a shower of daft xenophobes - neds, boors and Shinners - wanting a chap from Eyemouth having to cross an international border to go 10 miles for his messages in Berwick.

It is nasty and pernicious.

Pastis the sick bucket.  Another empty-headed Nat made a drunk joke.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

None of that gets away from the fact that drawing the tartan curtain across Britain is nasty, brutal and divisive.  But that the Nats for you.

Daft Patrick Harvie  Stuart Hosie talking gibberish.  Again.

I really do hope that they go ahead with an unauthorised opinion poll.

Why do you want to do it in the first place, though.  And we know it's nothing to do with Toooorrriiiiesss or Brexit as Natterism has been Scotland's running sore for decades.

It's got worse over the past 20ish years as Scotland has given in to boor, neds and Shinners.  Sadly.

You are right.  Daft post.  

Edit:  I edited it but left my mistake in rather than try and pretend it didn't happen.

It's not at all.  I've known us to have Labour, Conservative and coalition governments.  I've know us to be new joiners to the EEC, be at the heart of Europe and to be out of the EU.

In all those years the Natwits have wanted independence.  'Brexit' or 'Toooorrrriiiieees' are just two recent grievances to hang the Natwit hat on.

That's it.  It's all about ENGLAND as it was since forever.  It behooves you to try and be honest.

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Don't like Brexit?  Nor do I.
Don't like Boris?  Nor do I.
Suggested solution?  Border guards at Gretna?  You have to be off your fucking head.

Yet this is the solution the empty-headed Natterati would want us to swallow.

It's all a mask for the vile politics of identity and division.

The drone that is Stuart Hosie boring us to death with the usual Natwit rubbish.

No i don't.

Absolutely magnificent. 

Let us all take a moment to appreciate this utter meltdown.

All this on the first night after the announcement as well.

"Nasty and pernicious" 😂😂😂

Absolutely magnificent. 
Let us all take a moment to appreciate this utter meltdown.
All this on the first night after the announcement as well.
"Nasty and pernicious" [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
For a man that wouldn't get a vote in the next indyref he doesn't half waste a lot of time and energy howling at the moon about it.

It's not at all.  I've known us to have Labour, Conservative and coalition governments. 

Fucking lol.

"Stay in the union, we'll give you a Labour government once every 20 odd years"

I’ll await the subsequent papers they’ve promised on currency etc before taking this push seriously. I have a feeling this was all a bit performative yesterday but fingers crossed it wasn’t.

Notably they are still refusing to commit to a date for a formal section 30 request so I’m not quite sure what the plan is here.

I am praying they can give a serious answer on currency and the like because I don’t think they did that in 2014 and if they can’t this time round it won’t be successful. 

35 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

I’ll await the subsequent papers they’ve promised on currency etc before taking this push seriously. I have a feeling this was all a bit performative yesterday but fingers crossed it wasn’t.

Notably they are still refusing to commit to a date for a formal section 30 request so I’m not quite sure what the plan is here.

I am praying they can give a serious answer on currency and the like because I don’t think they did that in 2014 and if they can’t this time round it won’t be successful. 

Pretty much this. Whilst Yoon seethe makes for tremendous viewing, unless they've got legit answers for the currency question, it's hardly worth getting excited about. 

As much as it is funny watching the meltdown from the Unionists, given that most of them have no legitimate arguments and are just a seething mess, without a good argument for currency and what will be the script with pensions from the pro-Indy in government, it'll be another No vote. 

1 hour ago, Dons_1988 said:

Agreed. I feel like it's just to put more pressure on the ukgov. I don't think sturgeon will go for it without 'permission' as it runs the risk of not being recognised and ending up in the courts. 

Next election in 2024 where indy will be the sole focus/policy is my guess as to what will happen.

In other news, the problems are piling up for the ukgov as the Rwanda flight is halted and the EU have finally lost patience and are taking them to court.

Gammons in meltdown all over these isles, you love to see it!

9 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

This is idiotic. Brexit is a direct result of the decades long conflict within the Conservative party between the crazy English/British nationalist wing and the old pro Europe one nation branch.

One nation Cameron held a referendum to call out the crazies. The crazies appealed to the base instincts of the double digit IQ masses and the crazies won.

F@ck all to do with Scotland...everything to do with an idealogical struggle within a foreign political party........but we are stuck with a decision.....not made by us.....that will do decades of harm to us.

The conflict within the Tories was only brought about because people have different opinions on the issue.. hardly unheard of.

At the end of the day, it was put to the British people in the form of a vote, and people voted to leave.  I voted Leave, but my decision was soft and last minute.  I could see both pros and cons on both sides, and still do.

You can characterise the Leave voters as crazies and thick all you like, but I don't think that's the case.  Even if it was, we are all human beings of equal value, and people crazy and/or thick doesn't mean their vote should count as less.

A guy in my lodge has a downs syndrome granddaughter and I'm proud to call her as a friend.  A sweeter, kinder person you'll never meet, but she is slow and doesn't always take process things the way someone blessed with high cognitive function would.  We need to get by this idea of judging those with a low IQ IMO.

The threat of UKIP was the main reason for the referendum IMO, and that only happened due to more and more people deciding we could leave the EU.  There were prominent euro sceptic Tories who kept their mouths shut for years, but UKIP's rise forced them into action.

The Tories are not a foreign political party, what utter nonsense.  38% of the Scottish voters voted to leave the EU, only 6.7% less than who voted for separation.  The decision WAS indeed made by us, along with the residents of England, NI and wales.

19 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

Agreed. I feel like it's just to put more pressure on the ukgov. I don't think sturgeon will go for it without 'permission' as it runs the risk of not being recognised and ending up in the courts. 

Next election in 2024 where indy will be the sole focus/policy is my guess as to what will happen.

In other news, the problems are piling up for the ukgov as the Rwanda flight is halted and the EU have finally lost patience and are taking them to court.

Gammons in meltdown all over these isles, you love to see it!

I thought we were having a referendum in 2023?

Unfortunately for people like yourself you're still hooked on the copium that Westminster being shit will lead to people supporting SI. It just doesn't quite work like that. Your side needs to start convincing people on the arguments that have if anything got worse since 2014. "Toaries bad" doesn't explain away currency, pensions, borders, EU entry, Brexit issues, nuclear arguments etc...

At this point it's like advising someone with a broken arm to hack it off with a rusty saw. 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Aye that's my thoughts, it's a good chuckle on here pointing and laughing at Kincardine, however it's also a bit of an echo chamber in here with regards to pro independence voters, without a currency answer I don't see us winning. 

And regardless, I don't see us having a vote anytime soon, very Scunnered. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

As much as it is funny watching the meltdown from the Unionists, given the most of them have no legitimate arguments and are just a seething mess, without a good argument for currency and pensions from the pro-Indy in government, it'll be another No vote. 

The pensions question is easy, if you pay your national insurance and then leave the UK you are still entitled to your pension, that and the UK don't have a ring fenced pot so in the future Scotland could create a pot or as it is now the working population pay the pension of the retired folk. This will come to a head regardless of if we choose independence when the liability becomes larger than the cash generated, but I would say we have a better chance of dealing with that by tapping into the massive renewable market we have at our disposal.

Currency is a harder one to argue, I would probably go for the Euro in the medium term with a referendum held 10 years after this vote on the future currency of Scotland.

Of course there are already parts of the United Kingdom that use the Euro like our friends in Akrotiri and Dhekelia.

2 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Aye that's my thoughts, it's a good chuckle on here pointing and laughing at Kincardine, however it's also a bit of an echo chamber in here with regards to pro independence voters, without a currency answer I don't see us winning. 

And regardless, I don't see us having a vote anytime soon, very Scunnered. 

Aye, my reaction yesterday was similar to how I react to every latest iteration of Aberdeen’s  new stadium project. 

I’ll believe it when I see it. 

1 hour ago, Duries Air Freshener said:

The threat of UKIP was the main reason for the referendum IMO, and that only happened due to more and more people deciding we could leave the EU.  There were prominent euro sceptic Tories who kept their mouths shut for years, but UKIP's rise forced them into action.

The above has some validity. UKIP (a total irrelevance in Scotland btw and no real threat to the wider political landscape)......were starting to eat in to the right wing of the Conservative party. The Tories feared haemorrhageing votes to them in Midland and Southern marginals. Cameron tried to head them off and silence the Eurosceptics in his own party with the referendum. He obviously failed drastically. It was all about saving the Tory party.