When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

38 minutes ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Perhaps being in no way accountable to or dependent upon the views of thew electorate makes it easier to speak your mind. Like the guy who lost to Pete Wishart and still became a government minister the next day.

I listened to Salmond too and he spoke very well on the subject of Indyref in 2023. Accountable or not, he was bang on with pretty much every point he made. 

18 minutes ago, HTG said:

I listened to Salmond too and he spoke very well on the subject of Indyref in 2023. Accountable or not, he was bang on with pretty much every point he made. 

I've certainly got much more time for "let's all work together" Unity Salmond than I have for "still seething and lashing out at being correctly ostracised for being a toucher" Salmond.

Edited by williemillersmoustache

6 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

I've certainly got much more time for "let's all work together" Unity Salmond than I have for "still seething and lashing out at being correctly ostracised for being a toucher" Salmond.

I wouldn’t touch Salmond with a ten foot pole.  Anyway he’s totally irrelevant.

11 hours ago, williemillersmoustache said:

How fucking tedious. The never ending slavers about the ability to borrow for specific capital expenditures but not day to day spend.

Obviously not tedious as you are showing how ignorant you are.  The Scottish government can borrow for revenue and capital expenditure.

10 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Yes- D Ross and most of the SNP ministers are hopeless.

Politically, I am totally opposed to Salmond but, as a political communicator he is streets ahead of Nicola and the rest.

Duncan, who I don’t know much about, was articulate and honest in his views.

Made a welcome change.

Agree with this, DPB.

Salmond has character flaws (don't we all?) but is a superb debater and communicator.

Sturgeon isn't as competent, but has an incredibly broad appeal.  She lives a lie and has cultivated an image/persona that appeals to all the 'right on' groups.

6 minutes ago, Juanhourjoe said:

Announcement coming from Harvie and Sturgeon?

11am, not sure if it's televised.

P.S. On here anyway..

Edited by welshbairn

At a time of spiraling living costs, while the SNP are introducing savage cuts; to local government, universities, policing, the courts, enterprise and real terms cuts to the health service. How can they possibly justify spaffing another £20 million up against the the wall in what is essentially a vanity project?

On 12/06/2022 at 11:22, Granny Danger said:

There’s an underlying point.  A country that does not have full financial autonomy will never be able to determine its own future.

Certain craven creatures are quite happy with this state of affairs.

It's an undeniable fact that rejoining the EU would necessitate joining the Eurozone(Euro) and abiding by rules set in Brussels by people you've never heard of, let alone voted for.

Edited by Terry_Tibbs

2 minutes ago, G51 said:

Tough one for Sturgeon on EU membership. Rejoining it is a very popular policy among independence supporters, but unfortunately the EU is also very bad.

I would argue that the UK is far worse. They're putting out a paper on it soon but it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't start with a Swiss/Norwegian model to start with, something even Farage said would be best for the UK before the Brexit vote.

Edited by welshbairn