When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, Jon the Oxbow lake said:

Distinct lack of recent polling.  

Anything from the last month? 

Would reckon it will still be around 45-45 with 10% undecided. Tbf most people asked the question during the Covid period won't give two hoots either way.

On the point of the SNP not setting out any detail in 2014 (they did with the 659 page White Paper unlike the fag packet which was Brexit (although tbf it was never meant to win just to position Johnson as the next best Tory leadership candidate for the gammons when they lost))/

As for the detail this time...they have, although it is the depressing Andrew Wilson prospectus of a harsh first decade experience of slashing public services in order to appease big business.(whom the SNP have always been very keen to cosy up to).

Edited by Jedi

11 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

We should just begin negotiating with Westminster now.

Negotiating with what?  Holyrood needs to be taken in to 'special measures' based on the monumental f**k up it's making of the devolved basics of education, transport, health and local government.

You can only negotiate if you;ve something to play with.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Negotiating with what?  Holyrood needs to be taken in to 'special measures' based on the monumental f**k up it's making of the devolved basics of education, transport, health and local government.

You can only negotiate if you;ve something to play with.

^^^

Point and laugh

U have lived in the South of England for decades. You are a bit behind the times.

Our public services (and quality of life in general) in Scotland are far superior to down South.

The devolved governments have done a no bad job.........but independence will improve things dramatically.

6 minutes ago, Jon the Oxbow lake said:

I don't mind the "I love the UK" flag shaggers like you.    Would you like to distance yourself from the idiots that suggest Scotland couldn't ring our own town.  You'll remember the idiotic few that tried that line in 2014!  I believe the Daily Express still try in from time to time! 

I distance myself from the 'too small; too poor' idiots.  That is clearly  not the case.  Scotland is clearly a great part of Britain with wealth and resources that most can only dream of.

I am firmly in the 'too stupid' camp, though.  We've had a 15 year preview  of iJock and it is bloody.  With a Barnett premium of £2,000 pppa ScotGov has Scandi levels of support  but with Botswana levels of service delivery. 

The collective 'you' had a chance to make Scotland better.  You had the budget to deliver.  In the big devolved areas of health, education, transport and local government you have turned everything to shit.

8 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

U have lived in the South of England for decades. You are a bit behind the times.

Our public services (and quality of life in general) in Scotland are far superior to down South.

Not that long plus I travel a lot as my three are at Unis in Bath, M'cester and Sheffield.

If I visit G Central  I feel the need of a HazMat suit.   In Sheffield, Bath and M'cester not at all.  I'm a normal daytripper.  This has only happened in the past 20 years - mostly under Natter Scotland.

You said, "quality of life in general in Scotland (are) is far superior to down South." and in part you're right.  Scotland is brilliant.  But the brilliant bits are untouched by the odious Nats.

Nationalist Scotland is concentrated into the odious Yes Favelas of Dundee, East Glasgow and N Lanarkshire.  All of which are areas that normal folk want to leave.  The nice parts of Scotland are mostly the No-voting sensible parts.

23 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I distance myself from the 'too small; too poor' idiots. 

A shame you don’t distance yourself from Brexiteers, racists, and extremists so disgusting they’re banned from Twitter almost as soon as you’ve shared their garbage.

Just now, Jon the Oxbow lake said:

Plus 1 for the obvious trolling. 

A sincere description based on about 30 years in SCO and about 30 years in ENG.

Scotland - as a whole - has gone rapidly downhill since Salmond decided, in 2007,  that pushing partition was more important than good governance.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Scotland - as a whole - has gone rapidly downhill since Salmond decided, in 2007,  that pushing partition was more important than good governance.

Pure whining grievance of the type that really does power UK nationalism.

And you have deduced this whilst living outwith the country for 30 years with only the occasional "day trip" as you just described it. Wow that's some powers of perception. No one has a clue how a country actually functions that doesn't actually live there, not one iota. You have as much idea how life functions in my town as I do yours, Bath, Manchester or Timbuktu but somehow you seem to know in minute detail how Scotland does through "occasional day trips". What a total roaster you continually prove to be.

1 minute ago, williemillersmoustache said:

No better than the English talk radio DJ's who claim some kind of kinship and pontificate at length on their deep insider knowledge and understanding of Scotland because they once went on a holiday to Girvan in 1973. 

Don’t forget their Scottish great-great grandmothers! 

Not that long plus I travel a lot as my three are at Unis in Bath, M'cester and Sheffield.
If I visit G Central  I feel the need of a HazMat suit.   In Sheffield, Bath and M'cester not at all.  I'm a normal daytripper.  This has only happened in the past 20 years - mostly under Natter Scotland.
You said, "quality of life in general in Scotland (are) is far superior to down South." and in part you're right.  Scotland is brilliant.  But the brilliant bits are untouched by the odious Nats.
Nationalist Scotland is concentrated into the odious Yes Favelas of Dundee, East Glasgow and N Lanarkshire.  All of which are areas that normal folk want to leave.  The nice parts of Scotland are mostly the No-voting sensible parts.
Clearly hasn't been in Dundee in a long time.

21 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

If I visit G Central  I feel the need of a HazMat suit.   In Sheffield, Bath and M'cester not at all.

I mean... that probably says more about your view of/relationship with/perception of Scotchland (your shitpost not mine) than it does about Glasgow itself tbqfhwy.

4 hours ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
21 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Clearly hasn't been in Dundee in a long time.

'If I visit G Central  I feel the need of a HazMat suit'.  Comedy Gold for a Berkshire Tory. 

On 16/02/2022 at 22:22, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

'If I visit G Central  I feel the need of a HazMat suit'.  Comedy Gold for a Berkshire Tory. 

Whatever people want to wear in their own time should be left to their own best judgement 🤔

Mind you, wearing a HazMat suit must complicate the wearing of a bowler hat and a sash, but HazMat are probably working on that. As long as the suit has pockets for their Bass Drum Mallet Drumsticks*, they'll be fine. 

(* Yes, I had to google what they're called 😁. I didn't think "drumsticks" would convey what I meant!"