When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

It's odd that you've mentioned that it's infectious, but not said anything about how it's less dangerous. 

It's odd that you've not addressed my point at all.

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Odd that. Has the omicron variant killed 140,000? Because that's what you've made it sound like there. 

Odd that.  Because what I said was the pandemic has killed 140,000, not Omicron.  Odd in fucking deed.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

I disagree that 21 seats were lost because of the idea of indyref2,

It's right there in the 2017 manifesto. It's what we campaigned on.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40091999

Hold a second independence referendum "at the end of the Brexit process"

Either way we weren't going to be able to push for an independence referendum because of how poorly we did that year.

Edited by Baxter Parp

9 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

It's odd that you've not addressed my point at all.

Odd that.  Because what I said was the pandemic has killed 140,000, not Omicron.  Odd in fucking deed.

Because you have no point. You were very keen to point out how more transmissable this variant is, but for whatever reason you totally missed out how much more mild it is. 

Glad you've agreed it was odd. 

Because you have no point. You were very keen to point out how more transmissable this variant is, but for whatever reason you totally missed out how much more mild it is. 

There's no gain in milder symptoms if it's 4x more transmissible, dimwit. The NHS will still get swamped with cases if we do nothing.

Now, do you think Boris Johnson and Sajid Javid know what to do when faced with a 4x more infectious strain of disease in the middle of a pandemic that's killed 140,000 people so far? 

Address the point or f**k off.

21 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

The measures are designed to decrease the transmission, so that is why it is relevant.

Mild?

Is it non-fatal yet?

The fact is; increases in the number of cases leads to increased numbers of hospitalisation and deaths.

Are you really in the position of declaring it nothing of concern whilst the health service -which has no respite- has to deal with the fallout.

Have to disagree tbh, yes its looks milder but there will still be an increase in hospital numbers due to sheer transmission rate. Unfortunately that puts too much strain on system to deal with covid but also all the other illness out there.

1 hour ago, Zern said:

The measures are designed to decrease the transmission, so that is why it is relevant.

Mild?

Is it non-fatal yet?

The fact is; increases in the number of cases leads to increased numbers of hospitalisation and deaths.

Are you really in the position of declaring it nothing of concern whilst the health service -which has no respite- has to deal with the fallout.

Again though, how severe the omicron variant effects people, is also just, if not more relevant and it's something that Parp seems to keep deliberately missing out. And let's be honest here, it's because the more data that comes out with regards to it points it out as being a strain that simply isn't as big a problem as Sturgeon, and the snp have painted out. 

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:

There's no gain in milder symptoms if it's 4x more transmissible, dimwit. The NHS will still get swamped with cases if we do nothing.

Now, do you think Boris Johnson and Sajid Javid know what to do when faced with a 4x more infectious strain of disease in the middle of a pandemic that's killed 140,000 people so far? 

It's wild how you seem to know how much more transmissable it is, but not much less severe it is. 

The word "if" is doing allot of heavy lifting in your hypothesis. Is it four times as transmissable? 

My point from my original post was that I beleive the the measures are far too harsh considering the data that's been coming out of South Africa and various other countries that have been dealing with Omicron. 

11 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

He’s a troll.  Surprised you can’t spot that!

This is a pretty typical response from the Pete Wishart Brigade.  Surprised there wasn't a "yes da", "zoomer" or any other insult members of the New SNP have come up with for supporters of independence thrown in for good measure.

Of course, anyone who disagrees with the Dear Leader couldn't possibly have any legitimate opinions...

I'd imagine no-one on here kens you from Adam, so who's to say you're not a troll?

Afterall, your party has been trolling the 45%, almost non-stop, since the indyref.

Edited by Ayrshire Analytica

31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Analytica said:

This is a pretty typical response from the Pete Wishart Brigade.  Surprised there wasn't a "yes da", "zoomer" or any other insult members of the New SNP have come up with for supporters of independence thrown in for good measure.

Of course, anyone who disagrees with the Dear Leader couldn't possibly have any legitimate opinions...

I'd imagine no-one on here kens you from Adam, so who's to say you're not a troll?

Afterall, your party has been trolling the 45%, almost non-stop, since the indyref.

Someone come and pick up their da'

5 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

What a nasty post.  I hope you don't go on like that offline too.

16 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Again though, how severe the omicron variant effects people, is also just, if not more relevant and it's something that Parp seems to keep deliberately missing out. And let's be honest here, it's because the more data that comes out with regards to it points it out as being a strain that simply isn't as big a problem as Sturgeon, and the snp have painted out. 

It's wild how you seem to know how much more transmissable it is, but not much less severe it is. 

The word "if" is doing allot of heavy lifting in your hypothesis. Is it four times as transmissable? 

My point from my original post was that I beleive the the measures are far too harsh considering the data that's been coming out of South Africa and various other countries that have been dealing with Omicron. 

You're the one who keeps insisting that it is not a problem yet you have absolutely no idea of the mortality rate for this variant. What data we do have indicates that it is several times more infectious and yet retains the ability to kill a significant proportion of people infected.

To put that into some perspective. If the omicron variant was half as deadly, yet 4 times more liable to spread it would be able to overwhelm our health services simply due to numbers being infected and hospitalised.

This also has knock-on affects with staff isolating due to infection.

The data we have is partial so being cautious is the right thing to do.

I am also very aware the UK government is ideologically opposed to restrictions; that they celebrated "freedom day" and rebelled against what little measures were proposed recently and it only passed due to the Labour Party's support.

This is the same Tory administration that, when this plague began spreading, were talking about herd immunity and keeping everything open.

Since there was no vaccine at the time, that basically amounted to survivor's immunity.

That was their plan.

Let everyone get infected.

I do not trust anyone who thinks Johnson and cabal of braying idiots are worthy of praise. They ignored the science and pursued their ideology. 

Just as they ignored the economics and pursued their brexit ideology.

On 19/12/2021 at 13:28, Zern said:

The SNP government has increased the franchise further and don't appear to have suffered any ill-effects. What constitutes a Scottish citizen includes EU nationals and people resident here. I like that inclusivity and it stands in contrast to the narrower view of what constitutes a UK citizen when it came to the Brexit vote. You've not made clear what would be the advantage in restricting voting rights for this one issue.

The British establishment and Nicola. That appears to be at complete odds with how the establishment actually functions with regard to the SNP and other non-establishment political parties.

The referendum that is planned for 2023 will take place. I'm not sure why you consider this to be in doubt when the Scottish Government has already put in the legislation necessary for this to occur. This is the third time you've mentioned the "Keatings case". Would you like to explain this a bit more, with some references? You obviously consider it to be important.

All elections are plebiscites. Sort of. It's not direct. We vote in parties who have positions on this particular issue the Yes and No, without any middle ground. What is planned for is there to be the question posed directly and Scotland returned a majority in favour of that at the recent election. Westminster like to claim that they are superior and what not, what they often fail to realise is the legal standings. Scottish voting rights are entirely devolved and with the remit of the Scottish Parliament. The referendum act sets out the structure and it's all nice and legal. In both Scotland and the UK.

At least 7 years to become Scottish citizen residency. 

The UK didnt allow EU citizens to vote in the brexit referendum.

Ref 2023 will not take place because the Scotland act will be changed by westminster.  Read the section 30 section. 

peoples action on section 30 was initally supported by the Scottish government then opposed.  they actively opposed the choice of the people deciding whether they had the choice of holding a referendum without westminster pwrmission. 

That is why we need to go down the UN route. 

On 24/12/2021 at 20:32, welshbairn said:

The UN have enough to deal with without intervening in our first world squabbles. And who would support us without a referendum?

What are your qualifications on deciding who can support who? What relationship do you have with the UN? 

To answer your question about who would support us?  Read this.

Scotland is recognised as a country by the UN.  

The ruk has lost a lot of its weight with leaving the EU. 

Europe is in favour of Scotland rejoining the EU. 

We have Europes backing, that is enough.  

Referendum can come after we declare we are Independent. It is the only way it can be done. Under UN rules and supervision. 

3 minutes ago, Kenneth840 said:

What are your qualifications on deciding who can support who? What relationship do you have with the UN? 

To answer your question about who would support us?  Read this.

Scotland is recognised as a country by the UN.  

The ruk has lost a lot of its weight with leaving the EU. 

Europe is in favour of Scotland rejoining the EU. 

We have Europes backing, that is enough.  

Referendum can come after we declare we are Independent. It is the only way it can be done. Under UN rules and supervision. 

What would be the point? Have a referendum on independence post-independence? What if we lose?

1 minute ago, Zern said:

What would be the point? Have a referendum on independence post-independence? What if we lose?

I am making the mistake of assuming that the electorate want it in the first place, for example elections fought on a purely independence mandate. 

Personally in that case, I see no need for a referendum, but it might keep some people happy.