When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Are you at the stage of forgetting what you’ve said minutes before, now? We know you’ve conveniently forgotten that you were caught sharing Tweets from alt-right extremists so objectionable that they were banned from Twitter - but this is a new low.

What you've quoted is accurate.  

I never said one word about breaking up the UK so please stop making shite up.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

What you've quoted is accurate.  

I never said one word about breaking up the UK so please stop making shite up.

So when you were asked if you wanted to see Ireland reunited and you said “of course”, were you wilfully misunderstanding ICTJohnBoy’s post and actually being extremist enough to pretend you thought he meant united under UK rule?

Is that what you meant - that you genuinely want to see the island of Ireland united as it was under the Victorians and Edwardians? If so, you’ve surpassed even UKIP and Britain First (which either just ignore or treat Ireland with contempt), in wanting the Irish (against their will, as there is no appetite there for it) forced back into a political setup that left thousands dead in ghastly circumstances. But then, blood and soil British nationalism can stand a few more licks of blood, I suppose.

If this is what you meant, you’ve genuinely gone far beyond “disgusting bigot”. If it isn’t, perhaps you can explain the circumstances in which you want to see Ireland united but don’t want the UK to further break up…

Edited by Antlion

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I was asked a straight question and gave a straight answer.

In what way do you want to see the island of Ireland united without breaking up the UK? I’ll assume the embarrassed snipping above is coy shame (if you’re capable of that) at the bigotry and extremism of your preferred means - unless you have some other solution up your sleeve.

Edited by Antlion

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That we are one nation is beyond dispute.  As it said in the AoU, "That the Two Kingdoms of Scotland and England shall upon the first day of May next ensuing the date hereof and forever after be United into One Kingdom by the Name of Great Britain."

So, if  the nation is to be named Great Britain from "the date hereof and forever after", why did they change the nation's name to the "United Kingdom" around 100 years later?

Looks like it can be amended at will. 

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

In what way do you want to see the island of Ireland united without breaking up the UK? I’ll assume the embarrassed snipping above is coy shame (if you’re capable of that) at the bigotry and extremism of your preferred means - unless you have some other solution up your sleeve.

Just go back and correct any statements you made about me wanting to break up the UK.  There's a good boy.

Just now, CheeseBurger said:

You do realize he's trolling right? Even he doesn't believe his own waffle on here, it's purely for attention.

It has ever been thus - but I prefer to think of replying as doing a kindness. He clearly has no one in real life to provide attention - gaining even negative attention from strangers fills the void.

4 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Just go back and correct any statements you made about me wanting to break up the UK.  There's a good boy.

Apologies - I should have said you want to further break up the UK. And you do, if you want to see Ireland united. Unless, of course, you want to force the Irish (against their will) back under a system they found intolerable and for which countless people died to escape. And that would make you a disgusting, far-right lunatic, beyond even Britain First. If I were you, I’d prefer the label of UK-smasher (although, I suppose in the world of the extremist, that would be the equivalent of a Ku Klux Klan member accepting being called a BLM supporter).

Edited by Antlion

4 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

So, if  the nation is to be named Great Britain from "the date hereof and forever after", why did they change the nation's name to the "United Kingdom" around 100 years later?

Looks like it can be amended at will. 

No.  The 2nd article refers to the, "United Kingdom of Great Britain".  We were the UK from Day 1.  Though you're more likely to remember than a youngster like me.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

No.  The 2nd article refers to the, "United Kingdom of Great Britain".  We were the UK from Day 1.  Though you're more likely to remember than a youngster like me.

Ah. Misleading by omission! That's no more than I expect from you!

The act refers to the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and of the Dominions". As far as I'm aware, that's not the current name. 

Talking of dominions, did you notice that another one has rejected Queenie as Head of State?

Just now, lichtgilphead said:

Ah. Misleading by omission! That's no more than I expect from you!

The act refers to the "United Kingdom of Great Britain and of the Dominions". As far as I'm aware, that's not the current name. 

Talking of dominions, did you notice that another one has rejected Queenie as Head of State?

Dominions … Dominions … wasn’t the Irish Free State given dominion status? As the bold Kincy has exclusively revealed he wants to force the Irish back into servitude, it makes you wonder which other Dominions he’d quite like to see united under overlordship from London. India? South Africa? Canada? Ceylon? Empire.2, all masterminded by a lonely, unloved Scottish weirdo, radicalised by Twitter, living in England, and trolling for attention on a fitbaw forum. It’ll work this time, I’m sure,

7 minutes ago, CheeseBurger said:

You do realize he's trolling right? Even he doesn't believe his own waffle on here, it's purely for attention.

Please don't become like the other Natter trolls on here.

Unlike the ScotchNats I've always been an avid supporter of the European ideal.  We've had two Europe-related polls in my time.  In 1975 we had the daft ScotchNats warning of the evils of Scotland belonging to the EEC.  In the second we had the more modern but equally daft wee ScotchNats warning of the evils of leaving the EU.  In both cases the issue, for them, was how best to justify partition of our unitary nation state.

I've always wanted fewer national boundaries which is why I despise ScotchNattery and why I'd like to see Ireland united.

I've always, even in my teens, been a huge supporter of deeper European integration - which is why I voted Remain in 2016 and why I have stated many times on here how much I despise Brexit.

So the British Isles as one united region in a European coalition of regions may be highly optimistic and certainly not achievable in my lifetime but is a laudable ambition and one I aspire to.

So was I trolling?  Absolutely not.  Do I despise nationalism?  Of course - of every kind.

13 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Barbados is welcome to its new political settlement.  You're mistaking me for a monarchist

Edited by The_Kincardine

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Unlike the ScotchNats I've always been an avid supporter of the European ideal.  We've had two Europe-related polls in my time.  In 1975 we had the daft ScotchNats warning of the evils of Scotland belonging to the EEC. 

I've always, even in my teens, been a huge supporter of deeper European integration - which is why I voted Remain in 2016 and why I have stated many times on here how much I despise Brexit.

So was I trolling?  Absolutely not.  Do I despise nationalism?  Of course - of every kind.

This certainly explains your voting for those architects of Brexit, the nationalistic Tories; your overt support for other Brexit-supporting parties; your spreading of propaganda by Brexit-supporting extremists; your current fanatical support for Brexit Britain; and your frequent use of nationalist regalia as profile pictures. It’s almost as if you say and do whatever will get you attention.

5 minutes ago, Antlion said:

This certainly explains your voting for those architects of Brexit, the nationalistic Tories

Nope.  I haven't voted Tory for a while and in the Chesham and Amersham by-election I voted LibDem.

Regalia is always great.  I support Scotland in all sports but doesn't mean I want independence.

As for, "whatever will get (me) attention"?  Are you daft?  Nationalism is corrosive and - intentionally - divisive.  That's why I dislike it.

Edited by The_Kincardine

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Barbados are welcome to their new political settlement.  You're mistaking me for a monarchist

Only minutes ago, you were quoting from article 2 of the Union with England Act 1707. That's the bit of the Act that sets out the royal succession, and bars "papists" from the throne.

Are you now picking and choosing the sections of the Act you agree with and support? How two-faced.

Just now, The_Kincardine said:

Nope.  I haven't voted Tory for a while and in the Chesham and Amersham by-election I voted LibDem.

Regalia is always great.  I support Scotland in all sports but doesn't mean I want independence.

Is that the same Lib Dems who are born-again Brexiters who have decisively rejected campaigning to rejoin the EU? The same party whose leader said before that by-election, “We are not a re-join party, but we are a very pro-European party”? Aye, choosing a party of watered-down-nationalist Brexit appeasers sounds like real commitment to the EU.

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

Only minutes ago, you were quoting from article 2 of the Union with England Act 1707. That's the bit of the Act that sets out the royal succession, and bars "papists" from the throne.

Are you now picking and choosing the sections of the Act you agree with and support? How two-faced.

That we have a unitary nation-state and a hereditary Protestant monarchy are true truths.  That doesn't mean I have to like them but to deny that they are real is imbecilic.

10 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

As for, "whatever will get (me) attention"?  Are you daft?  Nationalism is corrosive and - intentionally - divisive.  That's why I dislike it.

British nationalism certainly is. It has corroded the EU. It has corroded the UK, breaking it up in the twentieth century (thankfully, for those countries which escaped its rule). And yet you want to force the Irish back in the name of it, despite their having no appetite for returning to the bad old days.

13 minutes ago, Antlion said:

British nationalism certainly is. It has corroded the EU. It has corroded the UK, breaking it up in the twentieth century (thankfully, for those countries which escaped its rule). And yet you want to force the Irish back in the name of it, despite their having no appetite for returning to the bad old days.

'The Irish' don't need to be 'forced back' - as witnessed by the many millions of people in GB with Irish heritage and the ongoing delight of the CTA.