When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty damning stuff from Ian Wood saying "well I hope it's not a political decision" and "Scotland is quite politically vulnerable."

I wonder at what point, like jilted lovers, unionists will finally realise their sycophancy and baffling loyalty will never, ever be reciprocated by those in power down south? 

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

Pretty damning stuff from Ian Wood saying "well I hope it's not a political decision" and "Scotland is quite politically vulnerable."

I wonder at what point, like jilted lovers, unionists will finally realise their sycophancy and baffling loyalty will never, ever be reciprocated by those in power down south? 

Ian Wood will never come out publicly and state what everyone else is thinking, ie the truth behind the decision.  Not only was it politically totally partisan, it is on almost every other measure completely incomprehensible.

1 hour ago, williemillersmoustache said:

They know it. They're just too invested in it by this stage.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

They know it. They're just too invested in it by this stage.

I think some of them have moved on to “well these particular Scotch-hating Tories are just temporary. The next masters will love me back.”

60095C34-69F7-4C31-8321-BB7D985C1DBD.jpeg

Edited by Antlion

Ian Wood will never come out publicly and state what everyone else is thinking, ie the truth behind the decision.  Not only was it politically totally partisan, it is on almost every other measure completely incomprehensible.
Bang on here. Having had to sit through a lecture from Wood at my graduation in 2014 about the dangers of independence, there's not a hope he would fully come out and call it for what it is.

Which is a naked attempt to make further inroads into North of England former Labour heartlands to cement the Tories in power forever.

The most hilarious part is that the serfs in Banff and Buchan who rolled in behind Duguid have ended up being utterly shafted now on fishing and this carbon capture thing. Maybe the eejits will realise eventually that being loyal British forelock tuggers does nothing for their best interests, as Banff and Buchan is an insignificant speck that is pretty meaningless to anyone from England.

On 17/10/2021 at 15:32, BFTD said:

Kenneth: "SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING RIGHT NOW!"
Everyone else: "What would you have us do?"
Kenneth: *crickets*

What? 

The past 2 comments I made on this thread have outlined what we have to do to restore our independence.  

The person that needs to do something right now is Nicola Sturgeon, our First Minister.  The pro independence government that we have in Holyrood have to make the stand against the UK government.  

And if Nicola doesn't have the balls, then we have to stand up and do it.

On 20/10/2021 at 22:16, BucksburnDandy said:

Bang on here. Having had to sit through a lecture from Wood at my graduation in 2014 about the dangers of independence, there's not a hope he would fully come out and call it for what it is.

Which is a naked attempt to make further inroads into North of England former Labour heartlands to cement the Tories in power forever.

The most hilarious part is that the serfs in Banff and Buchan who rolled in behind Duguid have ended up being utterly shafted now on fishing and this carbon capture thing. Maybe the eejits will realise eventually that being loyal British forelock tuggers does nothing for their best interests, as Banff and Buchan is an insignificant speck that is pretty meaningless to anyone from England.

Yeah, at my friend's graduation in 2012 he was imploring people to get involved in the oil and gas industry as it would see them right through their working lives. 

It's almost as though he benefits himself from the union and he doesn't have the best interests of Scotland at heart. 

The carbon capture plant was being promised by baroness Ruth back in 2015 or 2017 pre election, I've no doubt the BBC who gave her a huge platform back then will be chasing her up to ask why it hasn't come true. 

6 hours ago, Kenneth840 said:

What? 

The past 2 comments I made on this thread have outlined what we have to do to restore our independence.  

The person that needs to do something right now is Nicola Sturgeon, our First Minister.  The pro independence government that we have in Holyrood have to make the stand against the UK government.  

And if Nicola doesn't have the balls, then we have to stand up and do it.

I think she has a cervix.

Going to be very interesting in the NE following Nicola's speech this morning.  Facing the realistic case of a choice between an indy Scotland banning O&G exploration (resulting in countless redundancies), or staying in the UK and hoping the UK-tied Oil & Gas Authority don't follow suit.

That said, this could be a power move to say to the rest of the country: "see, this is proof that independence isn't all about oil".

... or just as likely: "we care more than Westminster".

Edited by Hedgecutter

The Westminster budget is bypassing Holyrood, giving funds directly to local councils.  Devolution!

The UK is attacking.  It has been for 7 years. 

We cannot say we weren't warned. 

Our own Scottish government do nothing.  Cant even get a seat at a leaders cop 26 conference.  

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Detournement said:

When you are really, really serious about breaking up the Union.

Linden’s a complete gravy train trougher who offers nothing. 
Is it just me who’s completely politically homeless with the shite they are hitting out with now? I agree with the notion of Scotland as an independent state but im dismayed by the current offerings on either side of the spectrum. Corruption everywhere, focusing on all the wrong things, public services shattered and announcing millions of pounds on shite that wont make any difference. Yesterday Nicola Sturgeon spent the day arguing climate change is a feminist issue? Jesus christ. Tories just blatantly selling seats in the lords and one MP making millions working against his own government. Then you get the diddies up here. Labour have become the party of the ever offended and the lib dems are led by the biggest throbber in Scottish politics. Its fucking grim.