When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I will leave the legalities of what the SNP have done for the judicial process to assess, although given that these are integral parts of the Scottish Government I'm not sure they will be all that impartial.

However, the use of this £600k for general  party business should sicken every independence supporter in the country. This is total exploitation of many people who have contributed their hard earned cash to a specific cause and has basically lined the pockets of people on very large salaries within the SNP. Meanwhile the independence cause has progressed not one inch.

People, however, can make their own minds up but if you think that this will make it easier to raise funds for indyref 2 when the time comes then you're deluded.

1 hour ago, strichener said:

Where did you ask that previously?  Changing the question after having the previous one answered.

Here is one for you - where is the cash that the SNP claimed could they had £590k that they could deploy instantaneously and that it was in a fund.  Where is this money?

You’re wasting your time.

The man is an idiot.

I really want to know what happened to the millions that came from new member subs. 

going from 25k to 125k members would have been a massive cash injection and when the organisation failed to restructure and rebuild in response to its growth I began to worry. 

There should have been a new Chief Exec and a complete new vision for the party in late 2014, but that didn’t suit the incumbents. 

1 hour ago, HalfCutNinja said:

The SNP are in government champ. And actually the money was raised not for party business and not all from party members or even supporters. 

The SNP is a political party, not a government.  I hope this helps.  I doubt it will.

2 minutes ago, TAFKAM said:

A pal who was in the SNP prior to this (& enthusiastically welcomed the new intake) said several in his local party viewed these new folk with irritation. Almost like 'where were you when we needed you?' kind of attitude. I think a lot of the culture war internally is really motivated by people not wanting to relinquish control to younger and more left wing members who they feel aren't 'proper' SNP. You see it sometimes on here with people saying how long they've been a member as if it means their views are worth more.

Well said. And it was for leadership to manage that, but they didn’t bother. 

growing x5 overnight needs a completely new executive team and strategy but instead Murrell stayed in place and just squandered the whole thing.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Is it true, however, that they have 125000 members which Sandy keeps quoting?

They did indeed get a lot of new members but quite a lot of people also left.

No doubt the upcoming accounts will show the true figure.

There has been zero work done  on member retention. I would be surprised if 50k haven’t dropped off since 2014. 

I will engage but only if you make an undertaking at the outset not to quibble over very precise wording. So if I say 'they've spent it and are explaining why they think this is ok' but the statement doesn't say 'we've spent it and are explaining why we think this is ok', and you say this is proof they haven't spent it then I will not engage with you on this. So let me know if you're content with these terms.

Done in that this got pied

40 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

The SNP is a political party, not a government.  I hope this helps.  I doubt it will.

A political party in government.

And do you actually understand they asked for money not for party business, got it from people who aren't party members and in many cases not even supporters, then spent it on party business?  You do understand that yeah?  Then they lied about it, and fucking morons like you lapped it up and defended them to the hilt and are still doing it. You're a cultish freak and am embarrassment.

42 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Please link to what "they said".

They said a ringfenced fund to fight an independence referendum. The money is gone, so it wasn't ringfenced, and there has been no referendum, so they didn't spend it on that. They lied. You are willfully ignorant and convincing nobody but yourself. 

No need for a fund. It ain't happening. 

Nippy knows she can't win and the fat snpira tit in Westminster saying he's too busy enjoying life there to have another ref. 

Wee Gove also in the media giving it there will be no thought of a ref 2 until after the next GE. 

However, got to hand it to Nippy, she has done a great job in kippering her own! 

😂

3 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

That's a differentiation that you apparently ignore when looking at the UK Government

On 24/10/2020 at 14:06, Baxter Parp said:

£96m laptop contracts went to Tory donor’s firm

https://schoolsweek.co.uk/96m-laptop-contracts-went-to-tory-donors-firm/

This is the single most corrupt British government in living history.

A political party in government.
And do you actually understand they asked for money not for party business, got it from people who aren't party members and in many cases not even supporters, then spent it on party business?  You do understand that yeah?  Then they lied about it, and fucking morons like you lapped it up and defended them to the hilt and are still doing it. You're a cultish freak and am embarrassment.
Independence is SNP party policy, mate. I don't know what to tell you.

5 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
6 hours ago, strichener said:

You mean you can't tell the difference between a government contract and party political fundraising? Fucking hell.

I can tell the difference which wasn't the point.  But you know this and as usual when your hipocrisy is pointed out revert to deflection.

If the SNP as a party have been dishonest then it reflect on the SNP government just as any corruption in the Tory party reflects on the UK government.  Your position is either ignorant, blinded by SNP loyalty or most likely both.

I can tell the difference which wasn't the point.  But you know this and as usual when your hipocrisy is pointed out revert to deflection.
If the SNP as a party have been dishonest then it reflect on the SNP government just as any corruption in the Tory party reflects on the UK government.  Your position is either ignorant, blinded by SNP loyalty or most likely both.
If there's any actual dishonesty it would be revealed in the annual audit or by the Electoral Commission who review the books annually. There is none.

1 hour ago, Baxter Parp said:
11 hours ago, strichener said:

If there's any actual dishonesty it would be revealed in the annual audit or by the Electoral Commission who review the books annually. There is none.

You must have missed that small issue of a football club from Glasgow, American power company, UK outsourcer etc. etc 

One last time, where is the £592k that can be spent instantaneously?  

To be clear, by the end of 2020 a total of £666,953 had been raised through the independence related appeals and coded as such through the internal process. These donations are also included in – and have been reconciled with – the total amount for donations included in Party accounts from 2017 to 2020

There is no doubt that this is the case.  The question remains where is the cash.  It certainly isn't in the bank account of the SNP.

On 22/06/2021 at 22:08, Baxter Parp said:

Ein reich, ein volk.

With England playing Germany next week, no doubt the usual papers will be full of Battle of Britain stuff and other digs at Europe. Wonder if they'll push for England to wear the black shirts?