When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Portes is extremely left wing.

I seem to recall him from the IPPR?

If I were you, I'd focus more on the relative competence of someone like Portes compared to the absolute fucknuggetry of Toby Baxendale. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

No surprise to see Kincardine championing such thinly veiled nastiness and bile tbh.

No surprise to see who and what he respects.

Just no surprises to see here all really.

I find it quite surprising. Usually he prefers to champion open racism, xenophobia, Europhobia, and Islamophobia. The thin veil is very new.

Can you not just accept that you've conflated your opinion with fact and we can all move on or are you going to continue being a dick about it?
I'll continue being a dick about it, until a non English constituency MP becomes PM.
If that's ok with you [emoji6]

46 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You got in there before I did.

Respected - my arse!

He'll be using figures from the Taxpayers Alliance next.

Interesting that you mention the Taxpayers Alliance.

Matthew Elliot (the co-founder & Chief Executive of the Taxpayers Alliance) was a spokesperson for & fellow of the Legatum Institute until May 2018.

What a coincidence!

11 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

Interesting that you mention the Taxpayers Alliance.

Matthew Elliot (the co-founder & Chief Executive of the Taxpayers Alliance) was a spokesperson for & fellow of the Legatum Institute until May 2018.

What a coincidence!

And to absolutely no one’s surprise, this little quim managed to take time off from her BBC duties to join with Legatum’s Victoria Hewson for “Freedom Week”:

Freedom Week is an annual, one-week seminar which teaches students about classical liberal, free market, neoliberal and liberal perspectives on economics, politics, history and society.

73CB4BED-1125-45FE-933D-854DB3E8CF4E.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Antlion said:

And to absolutely no one’s surprise, this little quim managed to take time off from her BBC duties to join with Legatum’s Victoria Hewson for “Freedom Week”:

Freedom Week is an annual, one-week seminar which teaches students about classical liberal, free market, neoliberal and liberal perspectives on economics, politics, history and society.

73CB4BED-1125-45FE-933D-854DB3E8CF4E.jpeg

Wid. 

Edited by Stormzy

18 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

I saw this tweet from the Scottish Tories the other day which berates Scotland for having the worst education in the UK.   No surprise, of course.

The information comes from the highly respected Legatum Institute so I had a look and you can download the whole report here:

Utter pish from start to finish. The thing is "respected" journalists will gleefully use it as a tool to attack the SNP and indpendence.

11 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

That graph is really weird, it's put all the areas that traditionally elect Tory mps and Tory local authorities and that receive higher levels of investment at the top.

Not at all.  The highest level of public spending per capita is in NI and Scotland and the lowest in the SE:

770091479_publicspending.png.0a293844884400e71b9d1df06acc1b46.png

Capital spending is highest in London (which you'd expect) and then in Scotland:

69016164_capspending.png.f7602a98b5b69c63dd357993c61c059e.png

The amount spent in Scotland compared to the return that the population get for it is disgraceful.

Same question as before:  Is this deliberate by the Nats or is it simple incompetence?

15 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Not at all.  The highest level of public spending per capita is in NI and Scotland and the lowest in the SE:

Capital spending is highest in London (which you'd expect) and then in Scotland:

The amount spent in Scotland compared to the return that the population get for it is disgraceful.

Same question as before:  Is this deliberate by the Nats or is it simple incompetence?

What measure are you using for calculating the return?  I would be interested to see similar figures based on population density rather than per head.  It has been recognised for longer than you or I have existed that delivery of public services costs less the more densely populated the area.

12 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Identifiable spending ? What about the unidentifiable spending ? Is that those pesky Barnett consequentials and National (lol) Infrastructure Projects ?

Of course the Scottish government performs well in some areas and not so well in others. Better than Westminster in some areas and not as well in others.

Is this deliberate by the Tories, or simple incompetence ?

I'd be more worried about the return you're getting old bean.

8 hours ago, Anonapersona said:

19 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Identifiable spending ? What about the unidentifiable spending ? Is that those pesky Barnett consequentials and National (lol) Infrastructure Projects ?

Of course the Scottish government performs well in some areas and not so well in others. Better than Westminster in some areas and not as well in others.

Is this deliberate by the Tories, or simple incompetence ?

I'd be more worried about the return you're getting old bean.

The point is

How is an independent Scotland going to raise the funds to pay for public spending (capital and revenue) for which  it is currently being subsidised by the RUK?

The SNP Growth Commission forecast years of austerity to keep borrowing at an affordable level.
The sunny uplands will be a long time coming.

Whats the point when the status quo is just so advantageous?

Referendum - bring it on. Sooner the better.