When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I don't think it was necessarily unique to the people of Glasgow (despite how generally class we are as a people) to see what happened yesterday. I would expect the residents of other major UK cities like Manchester, London or Bristol to turn out like that especially as they've also histories of this sort of protest but the major W for Yes and the independence movement is that there's a clear fault line between the Scottish and UK government's response here. Credit to folk like Sarwar and Sweeney as well who were very supportive (the latter in particular) but they're functionally irrelevant here.

3 hours ago, BigDoddyKane said:

The tories are pretty devious we know that I wonder would it be possible that yesterdays incident was exactly how they wanted it to turn out.

Like everyone is saying it seems so obvious what they did would blow up, maybe thats the plan

Na, they must have planned it not thinking there would be a protest. To round them up on a day of family celebration in nicola sturgeon constituency would have been intended as a slap down and reminder of who's boss. For it to go the way it did is a win for the first minister and shows the disparity between the governments.

6 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I don't think there's many that will have seen it. 

The instance of the police van being blocked wasn't the Yes movement doing so. It was every day British people. I don't think the event will make a noticable difference at all to the Indy question.

Just to be categorically clear, that was not a police van. It was a home office immigration enforcement van. 

27 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

Just to be categorically clear, that was not a police van. It was a home office immigration enforcement van. 

Fair play, lazy language on my behalf, wasn't meaning to conflate the Scottish Police with this instance. Am I correct in saying some were deployed to assist with the operation or something? 

17 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

I'm staggered that anyone could have made that mistake but here we are in 2021 and given the evidence of this item* where at least two posters haven't been able to distinguish the difference in the players, there must be many with but a tenuous grasp of the actualité that they let their limited knowledge infect their take. 

*for me and many, "item" under plays it and whilst I wept at what I thought was the significance, I guess for others it was a mob.

Just now, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No, UK Immigration Enforcement Officers have powers of arrest and conduct their own investigations.

They phoned police when the protestors went under the van. 

Cheers for the clarification as I said I never intended to make a point by saying "police van" it was just me being lazy. 

I'm very much supportive of the action that was taken from the great British citizens of Glasgow. I wasn't really aware of the dawn raid practices but my sister informed me about a lot of it, definitely should be stopped. 

Okay.

What are the Immigration Officers supposed to do when they obtain information about people who are staying illegally in the UK?

Just ignore It  because some people find it distasteful.

Just try to go anywhere in the world without a passport and you’ll quickly end up in jail.

Absolutely no evidence but my impression is that the general public get fairly hacked off with this sort of thing.

I understand these people were from India which is a massive country with a democratic system albeit it is fairly oppressive towards the Muslim minority. Don’t know what religion these fellows were.

Anyway, the sooner the law sorts thing out the better.

8 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Okay.

What are the Immigration Officers supposed to do when they obtain information about people who are staying illegally in the UK?

Just ignore It  because some people find it distasteful.

Just try to go anywhere in the world without a passport and you’ll quickly end up in jail.

Absolutely no evidence but my impression is that the general public get fairly hacked off with this sort of thing.

I understand these people were from India which is a massive country with a democratic system albeit it is fairly oppressive towards the Muslim minority. Don’t know what religion these fellows were.

Anyway, the sooner the law sorts thing out the better.

They are Sikh, they volunteer at the local temple kitchen helping to feed the homeless. Its not cut and dry about ‘democratic country’ stuff in India, have a look at Sikh nationalism etc and Jagtar Singh the Scottish Sikh boy held over in India and tell me that its ‘democratic’? They are known in the community in the Shields. I know loads of people from the temple, theyre brilliant people, wonderful people and they give so much of their time in service. We need more people like this in Scotland. (This is all quite widely reported stuff).
The most likely outcome with most immigration arrests is a release on bail, the entire enforcement system is a mess. Considering the ageing population in Scotland the more people who want to come, work and contribute the better, violent people can be deported directly after they serve prison sentences for crimes committed here if its appropriate. 

Edited by Inanimate Carbon Rod

They are Sikh, they volunteer at the local temple kitchen helping to feed the homeless. Its not cut and dry about ‘democratic country’ stuff in India, have a look at Sikh nationalism etc and Jagtar Singh the Scottish Sikh boy held over in India and tell me that its ‘democratic’? They are known in the community in the Shields. I know loads of people from the temple, theyre brilliant people, wonderful people and they give so much of their time in service. We need more people like this in Scotland. (This is all quite widely reported stuff).
The most likely outcome with most immigration arrests is a release on bail, the entire enforcement system is a mess. Considering the ageing population in Scotland the more people who want to come, work and contribute the better, violent people can be deported directly after they serve prison sentences for crimes committed here if its appropriate. 
I'd happily swap 1000 of these folk for ageing abject losers like Kincy and DPB who contribute little more than thinly veiled racism to society anyway.

56 minutes ago, sophia said:

I'm staggered that anyone could have made that mistake but here we are in 2021 and given the evidence of this item* where at least two posters haven't been able to distinguish the difference in the players, there must be many with but a tenuous grasp of the actualité that they let their limited knowledge infect their take. 

*for me and many, "item" under plays it and whilst I wept at what I thought was the significance, I guess for others it was a mob.

You talk about "limited knowledge" whilst getting all incandescent and animated over simple explainable lazy usage of language. 

The fact you act befuddled by it rather than plainly understanding what people mean without necessarily saying it is more indicative on your ability to communicate with those with supposed limited knowledge, like you're a clearly an intelligent, articulate genius but you struggle to comprehend what morons say..?

How enlightened you are. 

Most people don't feel the need to run their posts through a thesaurus and grammarly before they post...on about "wept" you fucking wannabe intellectual shitstain. 

23 hours ago, Stormzy said:

What about refugees that vote Tory? Kick them out?

I’m of the belief that people should be able to live wherever they want, so I’m not sure where they’d get kicked out to. As for voting Tory, they’d get shown the same respect as any other scum that decides to vote for that party. 

Well it is. East Fife physically cannot win the Champions League because they are not in a qualifying division, whereas Scottish MPs are already in the "Champions League" by being at Westminster. 
I appreciate your effort to try and win the argument on this but honestly you fucked it by claiming it wasn't possible at all and then buckling like a flan in the oven after 10 seconds of questioning. [emoji38]

If you regard non English MP's as being in the "Champions League" then that is where you "fucked it".
There is no way an MP who cannot vote on all the business carried out at Westminster will ever be allowed to be PM.
Appreciate your efforts though.

Well you've convinced me. If YOU are saying it and you repeat it three times then it simply must be true.
I've seen the light.
I can't thank you enough.
How could I ever have doubted you?
I'm such a fool.
Please forgive me.
Please?
Luckily education is free in Scotland, so you're welcome.