When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

21 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It made it to the front page of at least one national newspaper.

It's the little things like this that gradually move the needle, they all add up. Yesterday was a very public instance of the Scottish government and more importantly our communities openly rejecting the authority of the UK government.

Perhaps I'm sceptical of how much wiggle room there is left for floaty voters. It just feels so entrenched especially after the latest election results that most people seem firmly in their camps. The fact it was in Glasgow leaves the door slightly ajar for the Unionists to wrongly view it as an opportunistic publicity stunt type of thing imo. 

1 hour ago, Pato said:

Sure France & Germany have the big bad 'I will be racist' parties (& much more effective ways to contain them it should be said)

I would hold off on this claim until at least after the French Presidential Elections lol.

4 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Strangely enough, I’ve just seen an article by Michel Barnier where he is claiming that France and the EU needs to cut back on immigration and that there is a connection between immigration and terror is networks,

Wow!!

Yes, the EU is not a progressive force for good, this isn't news or a "gotcha".

59 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Hang on a minute.

You state that your friend left her country for a better life which means she’s not a refugee but an economic migrant.

Calm down and have a rational debate and cut down on the abuse.

You left out "worn-torn" and Syria you absolute clown of a man. And then in the next breath you ask for a rationale debate 😆

31 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

I would rather welcome a million refugees in this country, than a single Tory voter. 

What about refugees that vote Tory? Kick them out?

4 minutes ago, Pato said:

meh every time there's this shock horror at them making it past the first round then everyone piles on to the 'not FN' candidate

Fingers crossed. France has completely fucked it anyway. I have a friend who's Algerian-American and they love telling us how bad France and the French are. As an aside, James Butler made quite an interesting point in one of his latest LRB pieces that the sprawling messy nature of London development has actually helped to prevent the ghettoisation of immigrant communities in the same manner that Paris has done. Not really relevant just wanted to shoehorn in that take somewhere.

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

Perhaps I'm sceptical of how much wiggle room there is left for floaty voters. It just feels so entrenched especially after the latest election results that most people seem firmly in their camps. The fact it was in Glasgow leaves the door slightly ajar for the Unionists to wrongly view it as an opportunistic publicity stunt type of thing imo. 

It's a binary issue, that's the point.

What do you think the floating voters thought of the events yesterday ? Do you think they eould be more or less likely to break to YES ?

14 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

It's a binary issue, that's the point.

What do you think the floating voters thought of the events yesterday ? Do you think they eould be more or less likely to break to YES ?

I don't think there's many that will have seen it. 

The instance of the police van being blocked wasn't the Yes movement doing so. It was every day British people. I don't think the event will make a noticable difference at all to the Indy question.

49 minutes ago, BigDoddyKane said:

Most of europe is right wing at the moment is it not?

Was always going to happen after 2008. The last few centuries are potted with economic crises that were followed by periods of protectionism. This is just another of those cycles.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

I don't think there's many that will have seen it. 

The instance of the police van being blocked wasn't the Yes movement doing so. It was every day British people. I don't think the event will make a noticable difference at all to the Indy question.

People's opinion about the British government does affect how they think about independence. The immigration policy is set by the British government so I don't think it can't have any effect at all just because it wasn't organised by some official Yes movement or the SNP.

For what it's worth, I don't think it will have much effect on public opinion about independence. I think most people are aware of the British government's position on immigration already. This wasn't a change to it, it was a reaction to it. It might push a few fence sitters towards Yes, maybe. But if you're already No, then you either support or accept the British government's position on immigration as one of the prices of the union.