When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

You are not right though - you are confusing him with the right wing economics think-tank that has very little to do with the economics he proposed.

He's still a lino licking wee teamer. 

1 hour ago, Steve_Wilkos said:

How will the northern region separatist minority react when, once again, you vote to remain with the big boys?

image_update_img.jpg

Are you craven and servile IRL or is it just a social media act?

5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I remember someone saying if Smith was born a century later he'd have been a communist.

Smith and Marx have more overlap than most people would initially assume. 

He also had a much better take on relative poverty than most mainstream political commentators have. 

2 minutes ago, 101 said:

In what way cringe worthy? Journalist asks relevant question politician rebuffs legitimately, the end.

Her demeanor, her tone and more importantly the words that have came out of her mouth. 

She answered the question right enough, what a frightening answer for anyone not blindly loyal to the SNP. 

17 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Her demeanor, her tone and more importantly the words that have came out of her mouth. 

She answered the question right enough, what a frightening answer for anyone not blindly loyal to the SNP. 

I think that's down to her being blind sided by a question, I have no idea why after we left the UK trade would with the UK cost any more unless England and Northern Ireland demanded a hard border and extra paper work, it's not in their interest to do so. Also let's not forget trade with the EU would eventually, subject to a trade agreement and latterly rejoining, become significantly cheaper. Goods may even avoid the channel crossings which would be devastating for the ports down there.

I think we have seen with Brexit what happens when politicians lie and bluster through interviews and I would hate to see that happen in Scotland any more than it does just now.

24 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

How interesting that you chose this tweet to highlight and not chuck the one where he acknowledges personal abuse of FM as well. If you want to raise the tone of the debate, I assume that's why you raised the attacks on the hack, then you have to acknowledge there are plenty roasters on both sides, if sides there must be. Not doing so continues the charade.

7 minutes ago, 101 said:

I think that's down to her being blind sided by a question, I have no idea why after we left the UK trade would with the UK cost any more unless England and Northern Ireland demanded a hard border and extra paper work, it's not in their interest to do so. Also let's not forget trade with the EU would eventually, subject to a trade agreement and latterly rejoining, become significantly cheaper. Goods may even avoid the channel crossings which would be devastating for the ports down there.

I think we have seen with Brexit what happens when politicians lie and bluster through interviews and I would hate to see that happen in Scotland any more than it does just now.

How interesting that you chose this tweet to highlight and not chuck the one where he acknowledges personal abuse of FM as well. If you want to raise the tone of the debate, I assume that's why you raised the attacks on the hack, then you have to acknowledge there are plenty roasters on both sides, if sides there must be. Not doing so continues the charade.

She shouldn't be getting blind sided on such fundamental important issues though. It's quite alarming to think she's in favour of something without paying attention to the potential  economic outcomes. I mean I expect your normal every day voter to not consider things too much outwith their pocket but for the FM to seem so indifferent on the importance on economic uncertainty is as I've said worrying. 

How long do you think it would take an Independent Scotland to rejoin the EU if they were able to do so? 

It's not actually that interesting, it's a Twitter thread, very easy to follow, I've called out roasters on both sides at any given opportunity, if you're looking for polarised morons then you don't need to look too far in this section of the forum, thankfully despite what some YesDas think I'm very balanced and reasonable. 

4 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

She shouldn't be getting blind sided on such fundamental important issues though. It's quite alarming to think she's in favour of something without paying attention to the potential  economic outcomes. I mean I expect your normal every day voter to not consider things too much outwith their pocket but for the FM to seem so indifferent on the importance on economic uncertainty is as I've said worrying

I think the source of the question is what caught her cold, I don't think you can watch that clip and say she is indifferent to the importance of economic uncertainty we are of course living in the most economic uncertain times thanks to the pandemic and the Tories running a bus through our economy.

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

How long do you think it would take an Independent Scotland to rejoin the EU if they were able to do so? 

Hard to say really, I think if we declared independence in the next 12 months it would be relatively short as we are almost entirely aligned with them. However I don't think you need to join to have frictionless trade you could sign a trade deal in weeks if you needed to albeit you would have to sign up to align with a lot of things you have no say over until you rejoin formally, but Westminster already are doing this but in a more limited way.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

I think the source of the question is what caught her cold, I don't think you can watch that clip and say she is indifferent to the importance of economic uncertainty we are of course living in the most economic uncertain times thanks to the pandemic and the Tories running a bus through our economy.

Hard to say really, I think if we declared independence in the next 12 months it would be relatively short as we are almost entirely aligned with them. However I don't think you need to join to have frictionless trade you could sign a trade deal in weeks if you needed to albeit you would have to sign up to align with a lot of things you have no say over until you rejoin formally, but Westminster already are doing this but in a more limited way.

God, that was a frightening interview.

To think that the FM of Scotland had no idea of the economic consequences of breaking away from our biggest trading partner is just incredible.

She’s obviously much more comfortable in dealing with things like baby boxes, self ID and the like.

Time the media grew one and started to take her to task properly. Boris would never get away with that.

1 hour ago, 101 said:

Scotland is not "almost entirely aligned", the UK is.

It's surprising to see her visibly irritated by the question as it's a perfectly reasonable one and something you'd expect the leader the the SNP to be well briefed on. I did think it was interesting she put some clear water between herself and the SGC report in the 2nd half of the interview (& I think she should have led with this).
Completely unacceptable nonsense abuse towards Ciaran Jenkins. Embarrassing.
Jenkins criticised abuse of the FM as well - there are utter roasters on both sides of the debate.

3 hours ago, Stormzy said:

that have came.....aye, very good, what about the words that have came out of your keyboard.....all a bit cringeworthy

Edited by Caledonian1

48 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

God, that was a frightening interview.

To think that the FM of Scotland had no idea of the economic consequences of breaking away from our biggest trading partner is just incredible.

You voted for Brexit. 

8 minutes ago, Pato said:

Does shine a light on this nuts idea that the media shouldn't be a bit adversarial with whoever is in power. What do people want, the situation down south where the entire press pack has their wallet inspected every day and says thank you for it? It isn't 'talking Scotland down' to push for some detail on issues that are important to many people who live here. I'm confident the contributors to this forum could come up with a paragraph of boilerplate response to an extremely common line of questioning that was better than what Sturgeon said, so it's good she got flustered because hopefully she's now kicking her advisers up the arse to distil their briefings down to something that sounds plausible and credible. Clearly they've been using the SGC as a crutch and haven't done the work needed to come up with something else. Hopefully they now will.

I saw the interview yesterday evening and yes, she should have the answer to the economic question off pat.

That she didn't was probably the reason she got visibly irritated.

Look on the bright side, this seems to be proof positive that she has indeed been getting on with the day job and concentrating 100% on covid.