When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Pato said:

Thought this was quite a good snappy infographic of the sort the SNP should be churning out and putting on bus stops etc

r/Scotland - 10 Reasons Why Scotland should never be independent (/s)

Saying "we're not smart enough" sarcastically then showing 3 guys who've been dead a minimum of 66 years doesn't feel like a W for Yes.

Just now, NotThePars said:

Saying "we're not smart enough" sarcastically then showing 3 guys who've been dead a minimum of 66 years doesn't feel like a W for Yes.

Better having Stevie Crawford, James McPake and Robbie Neilson.

2 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Snappy enough , I suppose, but full of holes.

Just one - GDP per person is around 8% lower than the rest of the UK and 20% of the workforce is in the public sector.

Not a great start.

So you're saying the union has been bad for Scotland...

Boris Johnson is telling Scotland that the union is no longer based on consent

If he refuses a referendum that Scots have voted for, there would be no lawful way to leave the UK. The implications are huge

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/14/boris-johnson-is-telling-scotland-that-the-union-is-no-longer-based-on-consent

6 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

Boris Johnson is telling Scotland that the union is no longer based on consent

If he refuses a referendum that Scots have voted for, there would be no lawful way to leave the UK. The implications are huge

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/apr/14/boris-johnson-is-telling-scotland-that-the-union-is-no-longer-based-on-consent

Old news. 

On 12/04/2021 at 08:31, Pato said:

Thought this was quite a good snappy infographic of the sort the SNP should be churning out and putting on bus stops etc

r/Scotland - 10 Reasons Why Scotland should never be independent (/s)

Dunno about including Adam Smith on that tbh, given that he's hugely responsible for economists thinking that their field of work is something other than a branch of philosophy.

14 minutes ago, Pato said:

again - explaining:losing

can't believe i did that tbh. went over my head.

going to take a 24hr timeout from the politics forum so i can think about what i've done.

6 minutes ago, G51 said:

going to take a 24hr timeout from the politics forum so i can think about what i've done.

There are many from both sides who should probably do the same. Often.

23 minutes ago, Pato said:

I'd also say it's more economists not turning to page 2 of the wealth of nations that's the problem rather than Adam Smith himself but anyways I've already lost 99% of my audience by saying that

Yep, if most gave Adam Smith more than a cursory glance they'd realise the error of their ways. 

Sorry if you didn't expect me in the 1%.

On 12/04/2021 at 15:43, Antlion said:

Waste of time. Look what the “Young Unionists” are rocking. A rocket wearing a crown and smoking a pipe is clearly going to win the battle of the bus stops for God’s sake.

0833FAD2-6A59-4D7D-A4E5-62AC165745F4.jpeg

Strange choice of picture

Using an object that is literally designed to separate. 

The two parts have hugely different designs, functions and trajectories.

The two parts not seperating would be absolutely catastrophic for both. 

But “ better together” or “flegs” or something

Edited by Merkie84
Spelling

59 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Adam Smith is a lino sniffing, right wing wee teamer. John Maynard Keynes shits all over him.

Thought that was the worms. 

2 hours ago, G51 said:

No you're right it's a wee team mentality (look at these deid c***s)

2 hours ago, Pato said:

I'd also say it's more economists not turning to page 2 of the wealth of nations that's the problem rather than Adam Smith himself but anyways I've already lost 99% of my audience by saying that

I remember someone saying if Smith was born a century later he'd have been a communist.

3 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:
Adam Smith is a lino sniffing, right wing wee teamer. John Maynard Keynes shits all over him.

Smith gets a vast relief because his name was taken for a right wing economics think-tank that has very little to do with the economics he proposed.

His whole schtick is predicated on competition, where the self-interest of owners of what we'd now regard as small businesses leads them to provide things the public want at the lowest cost they can. The Adam Smith Institute don't believe in a free market, they believe in a market in which the existing big players can rig it for themselves, squashing new entrants and flattening competition. The idea that a handful of companies owned by shareholders and managed by millionaires would ever provide real competition is a joke.

The Adam Smith Institute shouldn't be allowed to use his name. They're not a think-tank, they're a lobby group secretly funded by the uber rich to promote ideas that make them richer. That was never, ever what Adam Smith was about.

6 hours ago, G51 said:

Dunno about including Adam Smith on that tbh, given that he's hugely responsible for economists thinking that their field of work is something other than a branch of philosophy.

I think you may be confused

Adam Smith was literally the Professor of Moral Philosophy at Glasgow University. 

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)