When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

18 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Hopefully nothing bad's happened to The Kincardine, but he's going to be furious when he logs back on and finds out he's missed this pish.

Aye, he will be frothing. Apparently his PC was fecked, but it's been a while now, even with lockdown. If his kids are anything like mine, there will be a spare device somewhere he could use. 

He'll probably be more upset at the quality of the shite tribute acts flying the (blood-stained) flag in his absence, mind. 

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

What I said was "The union flag is heavily stained with Scots blood" but if you want to use drenched that's OK.

You are the only one that complained with that statement probably because of your english heritage you are unaware of Scottish History.

Historically many Scots died fighting under that flag for englands empirical ambitions, I could list battles and warfare but it's a long list, I will mention one.

At the battle of Trafalgar when Nelson issued his famous "england expects that every man will do his duty" 20% of the crews were Scots including five of Nelsons Captains.

However that as we know is in the past and all I was doing was pointing out an historical fact.

I

6 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

What I said was "The union flag is heavily stained with Scots blood" but if you want to use drenched that's OK.

You are the only one that complained with that statement probably because of your english heritage you are unaware of Scottish History.

Historically many Scots died fighting under that flag for englands empirical ambitions, I could list battles and warfare but it's a long list, I will mention one.

At the battle of Trafalgar when Nelson issued his famous "england expects that every man will do his duty" 20% of the crews were Scots including five of Nelsons Captains.

However that as we know is in the past and all I was doing was pointing out an historical fact.

I

The "England expects" phrase is really a matter of semantics, the word "England" in place of "Britain" was generally accepted up until the 1960's.

In reality it doesn't make any difference, Indy isn't going to happen.  Leading up to the Salmond referendum it was generally accepted that a referendum should only happen once every generation, which is every 25 years at least.

It must be argued in principle that you can't just re-run any kind of voting system continuously until you get the answer you want, no matter how you rage up and down with a jimmy hat and ginger wig on your napper.

If Scotland got what Scotland voted for we'd since have starved to death in Michael Foot's communist revolution years ago.

Edited by BILmac1967
eff double post.

1 minute ago, BILmac1967 said:

The 

The "England expects" phrase is really a matter of semantics, the word "England" in place of "Britain" was generally accepted up until the 1960's.

In reality it doesn't make any difference, Indy isn't going to happen.  Leading up to the Salmond referendum it was generally accepted that a referendum should only happen once every generation, which is every 25 years at least.

It must be argued in principle that you can't just re-run any kind of voting system continuously until you get the answer you want, no matter how you rage up and down with a jimmy hat and ginger wig on your napper.

If Scotland got what Scotland voted for we'd since have starved to death in Michael Foot's communist revolution years ago.

Can't remember anyone accepting that, generally or otherwise tbh

2 minutes ago, madwullie said:

Can't remember anyone accepting that, generally or otherwise tbh

So you constantly re-run the referendum, say once every year until you get the result you want?

Do we remainers then get to re-run the ref, again and again when the front page headline on the Daily Record suits us?

So do you presume that your vote is just more important than mine?

9 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

So you constantly re-run the referendum, say once every year until you get the result you want?

Do we remainers then get to re-run the ref, again and again when the front page headline on the Daily Record suits us?

Aye, it's an EU and SNP thing, neither can accept they could lose.

Edited by AlbionMan

2 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

This is like reading a drama-queens greatest hits.

20 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

If people vote in a government who stood on a manifesto pledge to have another EU referendum, then yeah. Why shouldn't there be one?

2 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:

Briefly taking seriously the thick-as-f**k yoons above, chat about having "constant referendums" is a bit weird when we've basically had two since the 1970s. 

Seriously, indy lost both of them, how many referenda do you want and how often?

To recast your vote time and time again, you don't see that as a corruption of democracy? I do.

1 minute ago, BILmac1967 said:

Seriously, indy lost both of them, how many referenda do you want and how often?

To recast your vote time and time again, you don't see that as a corruption of democracy? I do.

That’s literally what an election is, and we have those all the time, mate.

People should only get a limited number of votes in their lifetime. Say 10. Once you use them up that's you.

Want to vote in the next referendum ? Tough shit pal, you used your last one up in the Nonceville Council by election 2 years ago.

3 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

If people vote in a government who stood on a manifesto pledge to have another EU referendum, then yeah. Why shouldn't there be one?

Manifesto pledges are like bubble-gum dabities from the 1970's - free with every mouthful and wear off quickly.

There's nothing official about election manifestoes, the lot of them just lie like eff.

3 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

Manifesto pledges are like bubble-gum dabities from the 1970's - free with every mouthful and wear off quickly.

There's nothing official about election manifestoes, the lot of them just lie like eff.

Vote us to stop Brexit was a good one by the SNP last elections. 

7 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

On the basis that you're not a total moron, you know fine well why the question of a referendum is back on the table. Now, you can come straight out and disagree with those reasons but please don't keep pushing the "referendum every year" pish. It's all been done. Don't be so tedious, just say your piece and have it ripped apart like every one of your unionist cohorts. 

6 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

That’s literally what an election is, and we have those all the time, mate.

We don't have votes all the time, general elections are every four years.

Referenda should be spaced much further apart than that.

We can't just leave and rejoin the UK every four years, that would just be ridiculous and impractical. And rejoin under which circumstances?

Not unless it's only the Indy vote that counts, the fact that remain won is just what- Scotch mist?

41 minutes ago, BILmac1967 said:

You must be a better reader than me because I can't see any of that in what I wrote. 

14 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

People should only get a limited number of votes in their lifetime. Say 10. Once you use them up that's you.

Want to vote in the next referendum ? Tough shit pal, you used your last one up in the Nonceville Council by election 2 years ago.

Would Scottish election votes count as one or two?