When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I thought the point was that people in different parts of the country and different social circles will have a different insight into the general mood of the nation.

Ideally this forum should allow us to look beyond those blinkers

You can provide an insight into what the man on Hawick high street is thinking and I can let you understand the metropolitan elite better

Otherwise we fall into the easy mistake of assuming everywhere else is basically like our corner of the country.

I wouldn’t be using this forum as a bellweather for the mood of the country.  It was strongly pro-indy before the last referendum.  I have no idea if that’s down to Scottish football fans predominantly holding that view or that pro-indy supporters generally shout louder as they are looking for change.

Anecdotal declarations about how one persons associates will vote can be taken with a pinch of salt.

40 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

it’s not about EU citizens as tourists as much as EU Citizens as friends, neighbours, colleagues and, as it turns out, father of my very cute bilingual niece.

Correct and don't forget access to the world's  biggest trading block and the opportunities within that block for the Scottish workforce and our childrens future.

The alternative is stagnation, remaining second class citizens and crumbs from westminsters table.

5 hours ago, Left Back said:

I wouldn’t be using this forum as a bellweather for the mood of the country.  It was strongly pro-indy before the last referendum.  I have no idea if that’s down to Scottish football fans predominantly holding that view or that pro-indy supporters generally shout louder as they are looking for change.

Anecdotal declarations about how one persons associates will vote can be taken with a pinch of salt.

I certainly wouldn't assume it's a representative sample but the fact that it brings together people who wouldn't normally encounter each other should theoretically allow us to broaden our perspective and not assume that everywhere is basically like our bit 

"Its important to interact with people from different social, ethnic, religious and geographic backgrounds" as the King of Thailand once said to me in a Dundee weatherspoons

46 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

"Its important to interact with people from different social, ethnic, religious and geographic backgrounds" as the King of Thailand once said to me in a Dundee weatherspoons

Did he have his harem with him? Wid.

9 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

To soften the change to a new currency I feel it would be better to have it named the Scottish Pound, the Irish did similar with the Irish Pound (Punt) until they changed over to the Euro in 1999. 

Could we just switch over to the Blue Poond? I keep hearing that it's very valuable.

Just occurred to me that the big Unionist dogs would have to choose a way forward come independence - fight for another referendum (or to ignore the one they lost altogether), try to keep Scotland tied to England as much as possible, or just do the "f**k it, I'm leaving" thing. I wonder which way they're all likely to jump.

They’re all unique individuals but my impression is that they generally have either switched from no to yes or at least softened to “maybe”

My youngest sister quit the Labour Party because of Brexit. I can’t say for sure whether she’d still be a “No” voter herself but even if she would I’m pretty certain she wouldn’t bother trying to persuade others this time round

My other sister has started a family with an EU Citizen since Indyref1 and that’s definitely a “Yes” household now
Anyone that reads my posts here knows that it was Brexit that shifted me.

Not the actual vote but the way in which Scottish interests have been entirely sidelined throughout.

The final straw was the Labour Party and the Tories joining together to limit discussion of the Brexit power grab on Scotland, via Clause 15 of the EU Withdrawal Bill - just 15 minutes at the end of proceedings given to this - and taken up by UK Government minister David Lidington meaning no other speeches were made during that time.

It shows how little these b*****ds actually care about the Scottish dimension.

The Tories I expect that from - Labour I expect better - but they are just a fucking disgrace.

5 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Someone like Rees Mogg would be perfect and show that Johnson and his government really have their finger on the pulse of public opinion in Scotland.

3 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

What's that old Yes, Minister quote? Something about government departments being tombstones; the Department of Education marks the grave of education, the Department of Work marks the grave of employment, the Department of the Environment shows where the environment is buried...

Think it might be the Mad magazine lookalike Andrew Bowie, he seems to be put up on programs and no doubt as a 'proud Scot' just to show us Jockos - we can get big jobs in the union. He's utterly hopeless, so hopefully it is him.

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
7 hours ago, BFTD said:
Peers can take cabinet positions, can't they?
What a delight it would be to see Baroness Mone heading up the new Department for the Union.

Davidson is a stick on, question is will she work in Johnson's cabinet...she hates him

She is a tory...she will be like show me the money and im in 

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Speaking of lack of morals, I'm considering applying for this union army thing the tories are announcing. I'll do an intentionally shit job which will be indistinguishable from Serco business as usual.

You have my full support.  I have complete faith that you could do a shit job.