When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 minutes ago, GTG_03 said:

A bit disappointed with this tbh. With everything that's gone on I would have expected high 50s for yes. 

I'm not hugely surprised. The ambient effects of Brexit and Covid have tripped Yes into a lead but it'll still take a concentrated campaign to convert that into a hard Yes vote and to grow it.

On the other hand, you have the ongoing Salmond thing, the Cherry sacking (for what little cut through that has) frustration at lockdown and probably some residual  impact from all those critical headlines about slow vaccine roll out.

Edited by renton

43 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I think the issue is the snp have not laid out their plans for several areas. The big one is currency.

Take a step back. 

The issue is that there isn't an IndyRef so far to campaign on. Several years of Brexit shithousing and the differing narratives around Covid have caught up with the Unionists and reversed the advantage on what is substantially still an even split. 

Neither side though, can expect to make much more headroom on the back of no campaign. 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

If your a Unionist, sure.

Probably more Unionist posters in here for a long time. 

Also if you just perhaps read the last page of the thread you'll see some Indy supporters a tad dismayed..

7 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Probably more Unionist posters in here for a long time. 

Also if you just perhaps read the last page of the thread you'll see some Indy supporters a tad dismayed..

Nah, we used to have hunners of them in here, some of them weren't even trolls. A few of them you can still read on these pages, except backing Yes now.

Just now, renton said:

Nah, we used to have hunners of them in here, some of them weren't even trolls. A few of them you can still read on these pages, except backing Yes now.

Aye it certainly seems quieter in here of late, strange considering all the different talking points that have occurred of late.. but as I said it's undeniable that some of the more positive thinking Indy fans are slightly more pessimistic in here lately and understandably so. Going by the actual poll results in this thread it's no surprise tbh.

1 hour ago, Aufc said:

I think the issue is the snp have not laid out their plans for several areas. The big one is currency.

The question of a Scottish Currency on gaining Independence has been covered on here many times.

So here we go again.

On gaining Independence a priority for the Scottish Government will be applying for EU membership, under EU rules one clear stipulation is that we cannot apply if we are tied to a currency of a non EU member, so with that requirement we cannot be tied to the english pound and instead we will create a temporary currency until we gain membership and the Euro.

The Scottish Dollar?????