When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

15 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Absolutely nobody credible believes this would suffice as a declaration of independence.

This. The well-worn Thatcher quote is as meaningless as the "Once in a generation" pish the yoons fire up, and as SCENES-worthy as UDI would be, it's not at all realistic. The only viable methods are through a watertight SNP majority at Holyrood standing on an Indy-vote ticket, or the courts. 

The first is mildly possible, the latter, probably not. 

9 hours ago, Erih Shtrep said:

4wwdec.jpg

I agree to the extent that if you believe that the present SNP hierarchy will get you independence.

However, he thinks otherwise, and I believe he is correct as the present lot don’t want independence and are just in it for a cushy life and developing woke policies about which most folks know very little - GRA, hate speech, etc.

In fact, he’s doing my cause a lot of good and I gave him a donation yesterday.

Apart from that, he’s a great journalist who digs up lots of interesting stories.

He lives in Bath but, so what?

I agree to the extent that if you believe that the present SNP hierarchy will get you independence.
However, he thinks otherwise, and I believe he is correct as the present lot don’t want independence and are just in it for a cushy life and developing woke policies about which most folks know very little - GRA, hate speech, etc.
Apart from that, he’s a great journalist who digs up lots of interesting stories.
Yet another hopeless Yoon with a try-too-hard alias [emoji23]

49 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Mmm. A bit of a Yoon Loon??

https://www.thenational.scot/news/19070499.prince-edward-live-scotland-stop-snp-save-union-no10-says/?ref=twtrec
Prince Edward should live in Scotland to stop SNP and save Union, No10 says

I am surprised that they haven’t suggested Prince Andrew!
Personally if we have to have Royals station here I would prefer Harry and Megan just to see the ‘heads gone’ reaction from the Express/Mail readers.

Isn't Prince Andrew staying in Dunbarton castle already?  I am sure I read something about him moving there earlier. 
Er, no....you may be confusing this with Haribo and Megan being made Earl and Countess of Dumbarton, not that they'll ever set foot here if Andrew was to stay in the Castle the French Prison would suit admirably.

2 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

As fun as Effie Deans can be, I'm making an effort not to actively seek out the opinions of perpetually angry morons these days.

It depends what people are doing it for. Half the idiots I post in the Pundits thread are making me laugh more than anything these days but any time I log on to Twitter it's the same folk on the left getting angry at people who are either nonentities or never reply. What's the point?

I saw someone in the mentions of that Flying Rodent at 12:30 at night replying to everything they were saying with zero engagement. What's the point in getting that mad at someone at midnight on a Saturday night? 

Actually surprised No10 hast tried to get the EPL to include Celtic and Rangers in the hope that’d make the fans back the Union or risk losing out on the riches. Team UK and a UK league for all sports, that horse has long since bolted and any attempt to merge them now would see more people supporting independence. Can’t imagine soft No voters who support Scottish Rugby or football being in favour.

As above were more like Yugoslavia or Czechoslovakia than France or Italy, we’ve never really been one Nation and have always kept our separate identities. I don’t know many people who voted No that describe themselves as only being British, try to take their Scottish identity and you’ll push them towards the Yes side. Most No voters I’ve met are against independence due to uncertainty for their own jobs, finances, pensions etc not some great pride in being British.

At the last census only 8% in Scotland identified as British only, trying to push the “North Britain” line is a massive own goal for the Unionist side.