When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 minutes ago, renton said:

How about this:

So it's a pretty one eyed analysis, projecting GDP trends decades into the future on a Scotland frozen in the current moment.

So what’s the SG answer?

So far they’ve been hopeless regarding economic and industrial policy, even taking account of their limited powers.

Ferries, airport, education,green policies (few jobs in Scotland).

15 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Sandy- I totally get it that people like you want independence at any cost.

10,20% poorer, you’re not bothered - I get it.

I felt like that regarding Brexit. I wasnt bothered.

Its all about sovereignty.

However, you’re problem is that you’ve got loads of people to convince who are bothered about their own personal prosperity.

Andrew Wilson of the Growth Commission, predicted about 10 years of austerity. No problem to you.

Anyway, regarding the LSE report. Where was it wrong?

No good calling academic reports ‘shite’.

You need to come up with coherent responses.

Seems to me like it's the minority unionists that need to do the convincing.

However, you’re problem is that you’ve got loads of people to convince who are bothered about their own personal prosperity.
Andrew Wilson of the Growth Commission, predicted about 10 years of austerity. No problem to you.

Firstly, as mentioned below, the report essentially says its a lot of shite as it doesn’t take lots of factors into account.

Also the fact you voted for brexit purely based on sovereignty makes me think you are thick (although you dont come across like that)

I dont really follow andrew wilson but i dont really think he is one to base your decision on.

Seems to me like it's the minority unionists that need to do the convincing.

I disagree. There are so many people on the cusp of either side and the no side keep throwing figures around the yes side are not doing enough to prove them wrong. They need to step up

24 minutes ago, Aufc said:

I disagree. There are so many people on the cusp of either side and the no side keep throwing figures around the yes side are not doing enough to prove them wrong. They need to step up

I'd definitely feel better if the polls were hovering around 60% on average. I feel like there's a tipping point.

With a projection of a landslide for the SNP in the May elections and an increased demand for a 2nd referendum the amount of media propaganda anti Scottish Independence is ramping up daily, and no doubt the closer we get to May the scare stories and outright lies will be ramped up into a type of hysteria.

But you have to ask yourself why, repeatedly the unionists and westminster tell us Scotland is a financial burden on the uk and they are sick of bailing us out, if Scotland is that much of a problem why don't westminster let us go???.

If you were running a large business and one area of that business continually made a loss then it would be shut down, that's economic sense.

Some of the answer is to be found in the house of lords paper entitled 'Economic Implications for the United Kingdom of Scottish Independence'.

As expected the paper predicts that Scotland will be poorer as an Independent nation outside of the UK.

But interestingly in Section 154 this nugget appears; The impact on the rest of the UK might still be important in certain circumstances: for example if significant financial institutions based in Scotland and active in the rest of the UK were to fail, that might hit the rest of the UK as well as Scotland. There would be economic as well as strategic implications for the rest of the UK in defence. 

The defence referred to  would the considerable financial relocation and population impact and  as the paper states, ''The impact on defence strategy of Scottish independence could have significant economic implications for the rest of the UK'

All I want is Independence for my country, but you can see from this report that the westminster  anti Independence propaganda has a reason behind it.

They don't want to lose Scotland because of the fondness they have for us, even if as the propaganda says we are a financial burden, no it's because they have financial reasons.

14 minutes ago, btb said:

Boris to change the messenger, usually a sign of a losing cause, sometimes you just have to accept it's the message...

Boris Johnson’s Scottish adviser for union ‘sacked following furious row’ (msn.com)

The labour rep and stuc mandarin urging for a 3rd option of devomax to be on an indyref ballot paper.😡

That will surely be the devomax stuff they promised the last time if we voted no. 🤣This time they just want to split the independence vote ensuring no wins.

Labour continue to treat the Scottish electorate with contempt and as such they remain an irrelevance.

On 03/02/2021 at 14:04, Dawson Park Boy said:

Ten years of austerity, eh? That sounds horrible. I'd hate to live in a country where the government I voted for implemented that.

25 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Quite like the idea they thought Luke Graham, who throughout his stint as MP for Ochil & South Perthshire lived in England, was the man on their team who 'got' Scotland.

Aye. One of the most encouraging things for the pro-independence side is the succession of folk the WM government seem to think are the best people to lead the pro-Union argument here.

If Graham had the nous to at least understand that Johnson coming up here to fleg wave in the middle of lockdown was monumentally stupid and they've punted him for saying so, that would be spectacular.

The labour rep and stuc mandarin urging for a 3rd option of devomax to be on an indyref ballot paper.[emoji35]
That will surely be the devomax stuff they promised the last time if we voted no. [emoji1787]This time they just want to split the independence vote ensuring no wins.
Labour continue to treat the Scottish electorate with contempt and as such they remain an irrelevance.
Thank but no thanks.

I backed the Peoples action case and I feel disappointed, but not surprised that it didn't rule in our favour.  We will try another day.  Credit to [mention=66443]GordonS[/mention] I believe you called it earlier about it being hypothetical?  I will try and find the post and give it a greenie.
What gets me though is why did the Scottish government initially back it, then withdraw?  Why did they, the Scottish government, publish the 11 point plan the day after the hearings?  Why didn't the Scottish government publish it before, therefore making it not a hypothetical question? 
This was a case of the People versus the Lord Advocate (Scottish government minister) and the Advocate General (UK government).  Does anyone else feel uncomfortable about that, or is it just me? 

No.

47 minutes ago, Stinky Bone said:

I backed the Peoples action case and I feel disappointed, but not surprised that it didn't rule in our favour.  We will try another day.  Credit to @GordonS I believe you called it earlier about it being hypothetical?  I will try and find the post and give it a greenie.

What gets me though is why did the Scottish government initially back it, then withdraw?  Why did they, the Scottish government, publish the 11 point plan the day after the hearings?  Why didn't the Scottish government publish it before, therefore making it not a hypothetical question? 

This was a case of the People versus the Lord Advocate (Scottish government minister) and the Advocate General (UK government).  Does anyone else feel uncomfortable about that, or is it just me? 

How much you down by? 

1 hour ago, Stinky Bone said:

I backed the Peoples action case and I feel disappointed, but not surprised that it didn't rule in our favour.  We will try another day.  Credit to @GordonS I believe you called it earlier about it being hypothetical?  I will try and find the post and give it a greenie.

The SG don’t want independence.

Life is far too comfortable at Holyrood with ‘loadsamoney’ coming from Westminster.

4 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

I am sure that when the SNP was formed yonks ago, it's original aim was Independence, and that a majority at westminster would suffice.  It is only recently that has changed.  

Absolutely nobody credible believes this would suffice as a declaration of independence.