When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This is a good laugh. Also, the comments appear to be written by the person who does the spoof online content in Private Eye

Here, "visceral Unionist" Littlejohn uses a fact-free, emotional howl of pain to insult the Scottish electorate. This is how it's going to continue, I think. The "some of my best friends are Jocks" patter would bring a tear to a glass eye.

20210126_072552.jpg

Decent response but based on hope rather than reality.
However, you’re only 45, so you’re entitled to be aspirational unlike myself who’s well into retirement.
Good luck to you.

No one can say what the reality is. You can look at the current governments and made an educated guess as to how the future looks for scotland the rest of the UK.

I covered that in a later edit, you. [emoji34] 
edit: NTP gets a pass also, its technically a 3 word username but its squashed together so 's all good

Too late, mate.  Your thesis is shite even if I quite like you and NTP.

It’s actually a riff on Not The Nine o Clock News cause I was even more insufferable at 17. It’s also good foreshadowing for when I Hollywood Hogan my way into supporting a new team.

15 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Excellent response.

Like your idea about ‘growing the economy’ but what’s been holding us back up till now?

Unfortunately, the present SG has a woeful record on the economy.

Ferries - still not completed.

Prestwick Airport

Green Jobs- hardly any. All manufacturing done overseas.

Very few hi tech industries . Just look around Cambridge.

Anyway, nice to have a reasonable discussion with you.

Eh, aye. Proportionally we have a thriving high tech sector. 

11 hours ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

Dawson Park Boy, Carnoustie Young Guvnor...

wonder what the next triple barrelled gimmick poster to start spraying posts like a machine gun all over P&B will be called?

Gentlemanly Berwick Scholar? Pollok Pond Fisherman?

what is it with 3 pronged names on this site the now man

edit: mine is underscored so im not counting it on a technicality, so there, nyahhh. and its a phrase thats fairly commonplace, 3 word phrases are normally alright (inanimate carbon rod probably the best imo)

Feeling a bit attacked here now bro 

What is it about rampant unionists that they can't bring themselves to say or type Nicola Sturgeons name? It's always some belittling nickname, or her real name misspelled. She enrages them so much that they need to belittle her before anything is even said. DPB gone for a new one here tbf:

15 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Saint Nikla

Richard Littlejohn sticking with the tried and tested "Wee Burney", a real thigh slapper. 

What is it about rampant unionists that they can't bring themselves to say or type Nicola Sturgeons name? It's always some belittling nickname, or her real name misspelled. She enrages them so much that they need to belittle her before anything is even said. DPB gone for a new one here tbf:
Richard Littlejohn sticking with the tried and tested "Wee Burney", a real thigh slapper. 

I suspect they're deeply, deeply insecure about powerful and respected women.

15 hours ago, madwullie said:

I don't understand why you wouldn't just say that you support brexit because you're a British nationalist and oppose indy because you're a British nationalist too, rather than try to develop a fiction about the economy. 

A classic retort from Nats who are unable the Indy Scotland economic questions.

10 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

The boy proudly admits he voted for brexit due to sovereignty, love of the UK and feels maan. There's nothing wrong with admitting he feels the same about indy, but has to drag up minor well worn talking points, and when torn a new ringpiece on each and every one of them, the best he has is stuff like "good point but based on hope" "thanks for the debate but I need to go now" and other yellow platitudes. 

It seems pretty clear he would vote no for the same reason he voted leave, but feels he has to give a veneer of genuine consideration about it. Speculation obvs, but had he been a member here before it became clear that brexit was an economic shitshow, he'd have been trotting out similar arguments about voting leave. 

IMO obvs 👍 

Edited by madwullie

14 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

You're not interested in the answers. Numerous people have answered these same tired questions time and time again and they just keep getting asked again every month. I barely ever visit this thread, I come in here maybe once or twice a month for a wee look at the latest chat and it's groundhog day.

I'll ask you this once so we can avoid any further waste of bandwidth - would anything anyone says on here change your mind about voting for independence?

16 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

You're not interested in the answers. Numerous people have answered these same tired questions time and time again and they just keep getting asked again every month. I barely ever visit this thread, I come in here maybe once or twice a month for a wee look at the latest chat and it's groundhog day.

I'll ask you this once so we can avoid any further waste of bandwidth - would anything anyone says on here change your mind about voting for independence?

I’m not sure, I’m certainly not as averse to the idea than I was previously. That’s probably because it’s become an inevitability and I’ll try and scrap for some potential positives, which is proving challenging.

Given the EU divorce and the ensuing carnage, I find it baffling at best, that the Nats on here think that a divorce from the UK would be somewhat easier. It wouldn’t, it would be horrific. Add in their delusional aspirations about rejoining the failing EU and lack of credible answers re currency/debt etc, I remain unconvinced. That said, I’ll just need to live with it, because it’s happening! Boris is handing it to them on a plate. This is certainly not the same Conservative party that I leafleted for in the 83 and 87 elections.

2 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

I’m not sure, I’m certainly not as averse to the idea than I was previously. That’s probably because it’s become an inevitability and I’ll try and scrap for some potential positives, which is proving challenging.

Given the EU divorce and the ensuing carnage, I find it baffling at best, that the Nats on here think that a divorce from the UK would be somewhat easier. It wouldn’t, it would be horrific. Add in their delusional aspirations about rejoining the failing EU and lack of credible answers re currency/debt etc, I remain unconvinced. That said, I’ll just need to live with it, because it’s happening! Boris is handing it to them on a plate. This is certainly not the same Conservative party that I leafleted for in the 83 and 87 elections.

In what way is the EU failing and why is rejoining a delusional aspiration?

1 minute ago, Glen Sannox said:

You can genuinely see no positives to your own country governing itself?

If you don't like the answers on the economy, EU, currency and debt that's fair enough, but your previous post suggested you felt independence supporters avoided debate. That is certifiable shite. If you are unconvinced and are likely to remain unconvinced then I'm not sure debate is required for you.

10 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

In what way is the EU failing and why is rejoining a delusional aspiration?

It’s delusional because Scotland has been told that there is a long winded process and it’s not remotely a given that membership will be granted.

The fact that the electorate of many member states are eager for exit referendums would tend to indicate that it’s failing. That along with propping up basket case member states and being unaccountable would make it a club not worth joining. There are obviously many other reasons.

2 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

It’s delusional because Scotland has been told that there is a long winded process and it’s not remotely a given that membership will be granted.

The fact that the electorate of many member states are eager for exit referendums would tend to indicate that it’s failing. That along with propping up basket case member states and being unaccountable would make it a club not worth joining. There are obviously many other reasons.

All of which apply to membership of the failing UK times ten.

30 minutes ago, Glen Sannox said:

To sum up the rabid BritNat position here:

Scotland leaving the UK is bad, because it wouldn’t be allowed in the EU, and that’s bad. But also the EU is bad. But still, leaving the EU is bad, and Boris Johnson is bad. But the Tories of the 80s used to be jolly good, what.