When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

If Sonic is selling the case for the union does that mean Dr. Eggman is selling the case for indy?

Sonic's always been a smug c**t, and Robotnik is Jim Carrey these days.

Case closed.

Edit: fuckin' chib the c**t, Ad Lib. He said bad things about Jeremy Thorpe, I heard him.

Edited by BFTD

41 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This seems like a surefire winning strategy for the Unionists.

It would perhaps help their case more if one of those non-white ministers weren't a cryptofascist who wants to drown little brown children.

I think a few people have lost a bit of faith in the SNP during the pandemic because of the way it’s been handled. I don’t think there’s another party that could have done a better job than the SNP. That’s not me saying the SNP have done a good job, there’s things they could have done better.

I think they will lose some votes. I am however expecting a majority in May and if there’s an SNP majority in May then there can be no argument from the Unionists that there’s isn’t a mandate for independence - especially now since a clear roadmap has been laid out to hold a referendum. They can cry and whine about it all they want - it won’t matter.

The Union is dying a slow death. It’s just shame it’s not dying a quicker one, hopefully a Yes vote in the next referendum will be the killer bullet to the temple.

One of my frustrations about the discussion & dialogue around indyref2 & a mandate is the Greens oft get sidelined despite being a pro-independence party & the 4th biggest party at Holyrood tied* with those beige bãstards in the Lib Dems who are a 'major party'. Imo the SNP will win a majority but even if they didn't adding the SNP & Green numbers together is a mandate & sign of a desire for independence from the electorate.

*- The Greens elected one more but now tied due to Andy Wightman leaving the party & now sitting as an independent.

44 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

No it really doesn’t. Quote me the relevant passage of the Union with England Act or retract your falsehood.

Baxter is incorrect when he cites the Acts of Union, but I feel that Ad Lib might have corrected his mistake instead of simply stating that he was wrong.

Article XIX of the Articles of Union (aka the Treaty of Union) provided for the continuation of Scotland's separate legal system. Specifically, it said "no Causes in Scotland be cognizable by the Courts of Chancery, Queen’s Bench, Common-Pleas, or any other Court in Westminster-Hall"

Eventually, interpretation of Article XIX came to court. In the end, the right of the House of Lords to act as the final court of appeal in Scottish civil law cases was confirmed by... The House of Lords

The Supreme Court has now taken over this role.

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

I think a few people have lost a bit of faith in the SNP during the pandemic because of the way it’s been handled. I don’t think there’s another party that could have done a better job than the SNP. That’s not me saying the SNP have done a good job, there’s things they could have done better.

I think they will lose some votes. I am however expecting a majority in May and if there’s an SNP majority in May then there can be no argument from the Unionists that there’s isn’t a mandate for independence - especially now since a clear roadmap has been laid out to hold a referendum. They can cry and whine about it all they want - it won’t matter.

The Union is dying a slow death. It’s just shame it’s not dying a quicker one, hopefully a Yes vote in the next referendum will be the killer bullet to the temple.

This part is correct. It often frustrates me that the SNP campaign on vague lines about "Voice for Scotland" and then after elections try and say this explicitly means support of Indy, I know 2 people very close to me that vote/voted SNP because they believed they were the best party to represent Scotland at Westminster but also do not support Independence. 

As a Unionist I will not be able to make that argument anymore if they do well at the elections because they have explicitly laid out their plans, this will probably appease some of the Salmond types that support Indy that don't believe the current leadership is doing enough to push the cause. 

1 hour ago, jamamafegan said:

Actually, indyref2, as a diehard unionist, I say ‘bring it on’.

The case for is just so weak that, once all the facts and figures are out in the open, I think it will be a resounding NO.

Most of the folks I know who vote SNP do so because they believe that independence will bring ‘a land of milk and honey’.

How wrong can you be.

I voted Brexit out of conviction and prepared myself to be worse off by around 10%. As it happens, I don’t think that will happen but I am ready for it. To be free from the EU, for me, means a lot more than financial prosperity.

However, most of my SNP friends don’t feel that way and my guess is that their heads will overrule their hearts.

Just a few questions for starters

currency

Gers figures are terrible

No more Barnett consequentials

Cut off from the RUK where 60% of our exports go.

Just like regions of England, no more subsidies from London and the South East.(Barnett, basically)

Poor education system

Very few entrepreneurial businesses

Very high public sector
Poor outlook as stated by Andrew Wilson’s growth commission.

So many more but I won’t waste my time

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Actually, indyref2, as a diehard unionist, I say ‘bring it on’.

The case for is just so weak that, once all the facts and figures are out in the open, I think it will be a resounding NO.

Most of the folks I know who vote SNP do so because they believe that independence will bring ‘a land of milk and honey’.

How wrong can you be.

I voted Brexit out of conviction and prepared myself to be worse off by around 10%. As it happens, I don’t think that will happen but I am ready for it. To be free from the EU, for me, means a lot more than financial prosperity.

However, most of my SNP friends don’t feel that way and my guess is that their heads will overrule their hearts.

Just a few questions for starters

currency

Gers figures are terrible

No more Barnett consequentials

Cut off from the RUK where 60% of our exports go.

Just like regions of England, no more subsidies from London and the South East.(Barnett, basically)

Poor education system

Very few entrepreneurial businesses

Very high public sector
Poor outlook as stated by Andrew Wilson’s growth commission.

So many more but I won’t waste my time

Meme Reaction GIF

13 minutes ago, Day of the Lords said:
15 minutes ago, Stormzy said:
I pass on the torch of relentless abuse to this guy. Good luck sweet prince. 

He deserves it tbf.

I'd like to think I had a bit more grace..

3 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Genuinely interested to hear what it means for you.

Well, for starters, they are now arguing it’s a country and needs an ambassador to the UK, whereas the UK is currently arguing that it’s an organisation and therefore does not need an ambassador.

SG keeps arguing it’s a loose association of independent countries.

How does that work?

Figures suggest that EU countries will not complete their vaccination programme till 2023. UK 2021.

Acting as a single nation allows much more flexibility with not requiring 27 countries to agree.

EU heading in wrong direction.

Happy to be friends but not attached.

23 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I take it I can rely on some support?

Quite used to receiving bucket loads of sh....

Of course but you must understand that this place isn't necessarily kind towards Unionist viewpoints and it can be an unwelcoming place so to speak but there is a reasonable amount of posters here that can have a laugh and a good debate without resorting to the usual gutter level posting.

Don't take yourself (or anyone else) too seriously and you should be alright. 

Edited by Stormzy