When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

32 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Good to see this being reported in the English media too.

Scotland, N. Ireland and even Wales moving to break up the UK

I’d like to think a YES vote next time around will be a catalyst for Welsh Independence and Irish reunification.

Post Independence I hope and believe we can build a positive relationship with other existing constituent parts of Great Britain and with Ireland.  I’m hoping that through time people in England will look to Scotland as a model of a liberal, socially responsible country.

Ooops shoulda read the last page first.

Looks like NI is on the same route as us with a majority favouring a referendum on the issue of independence, the Unionist argument (Arlene Foster) over there being the same as that over here that it's "divisive and not needed" - will an IndyRef in NI strengthen or weaken the case over here?

Edited by btb

On 23/01/2021 at 09:49, Dawson Park Boy said:

As Andrew Neil so correctly says ‘you’ll find more journalism in the Beano than in The National’.

Remember him when he was reporting on Saints matches for the PDE, sadly it's been mostly downhill for him since then.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

No they won't. They'll have decided they want the SNP to govern the country within the UK. 

That is the crux of the matter - many people will vote SNP as they find the other parties too toxic.  There has to be a separate vote for a referendum even although it may be part of their manifesto.  Just add a separate question to the voting paper - Do you want a referendum for independence Yes or No?

11 minutes ago, Elric said:

That is the crux of the matter - many people will vote SNP as they find the other parties too toxic.  There has to be a separate vote for a referendum even although it may be part of their manifesto.  Just add a separate question to the voting paper - Do you want a referendum for independence Yes or No?

I agree with the principle but can't imagine that they could just pose that question in an election on the ballot.

A separate referendum on whether people actually want a referendum would be interesting, never going to happen though. 

1 hour ago, btb said:

Ooops shoulda read the last page first.

Looks like NI is on the same route as us with a majority favouring a referendum on the issue of independence, the Unionist argument (Arlene Foster) over there being the same as that over here that it's "divisive and not needed" - will an IndyRef in NI strengthen or weaken the case over here?

The absolute riddy if Wales and Northern Ireland get out of the UK before us

Is that why the branches offices are all so shit? Make sure the nationalists appear to be the only palatable option, so we can say people are just voting for them because there's nobody else?

Well played, Unionism. Well played.

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

I’d like to think a YES vote next time around will be a catalyst for Welsh Independence and Irish reunification.

Post Independence I hope and believe we can build a positive relationship with other existing constituent parts of Great Britain and with Ireland.  I’m hoping that through time people in England will look to Scotland as a model of a liberal, socially responsible country.

Many beginning to see that now

image.png.c881f5e208037db41f171ad2e327b0d7.png

Edited by Colkitto

4 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Post Independence I hope and believe we can build a positive relationship with other existing constituent parts of Great Britain and with Ireland.  Through time people in England will look to Scotland as a nearby country with substantial natural resources that can be invaded.

FTFY

4 hours ago, btb said:

Presumably a reunification referendum rather than an independence one?