When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The SNP should rewrap the policy Lord Buckethead came out with for a second EU vote - if there's an independence majority in parliament and the UK government rejects a second independence referendum claiming 'the people don't want it', the SNP should hold a referendum on holding a second referendum.

5 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Interestingly, Ireland, (ROI) is the 6th richest country in the world with a GDP (PPP)  per Capita of $82,439.

Norway lies 7th.

Both of these countries have similar populations to Scotland and it gives a what if we were Independent.

The UK is 26th btw.

Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Ireland all have higher GDP PPP per capita than the UK.

Some regions of Poland are above some regions of the UK.

But they need us, or something.

1 minute ago, GordonS said:

Unless the Keatings case drags the legs out from under it, of course. Ultimately whether such a referendum is legal is going to be decided in the Supreme Court.

If that's the case they'd have lost in court anyway so it makes no difference, all he has done is speeded the process up a bit.

17 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

As Andrew Neil so correctly says ‘you’ll find more journalism in the Beano than in The National’.

That's Andrew Neil, hand picked by Murdoch to The Sunday Times, founding chairman of Sky News, chairman of fascist rag, The Spectator and ex-editor-in-chief of *checks notes* The fucking Hootsmon and current owner of a brass neck a mile wide.

Edited by Baxter Parp

14 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

That's Andrew Neil, hand picked by Murdoch to The Sunday Times, founding chairman of Sky News, chairman of fascist rag, The Spectator and ex-editor-in-chief of *checks notes* The fucking Hootsmon and current owner of a brass neck a mile wide.

You really are a bit unhinged. I wish I could live my life with my head in the clouds like this, must be terribly easy to just believe everything you see on Facebook and apply zero critical analysis to anything ever. 

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, France and Ireland all have higher GDP PPP per capita than the UK.

Some regions of Poland are above some regions of the UK.

But they need us, or something.

And the tory government repeatedly pushes the UK as one of the world's leading nations, which can only be based on it's nuclear arsenal yet the private UK citiizens GDP per capita languishes way down the table just above Malta.

Ireland at 6th has flourished under the EU and has actively encouraged foreign multinationals to relocate with attractive tax rates and their economy has thrived on that policy.

Given the jobs which these companies provide the scheme would be beneficial to an Independent Scotland.

Before we have a rant from the brexit anti Independence camp bear in mind that as recently as 2018 Facebook only paid 28 Million in UK taxes on a UK company profit of 1.65 Billion putting the UK on a similar footing as Ireland.

9 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

The Keatings  case is to decide whether such an action would be lawful.  

I think you are a lawyer, is it lawful if the Scottish government hold a referendum without westminster consent. 

Yes, the Keatings case is to decide if the Scottish Parliament has the power to hold a consultative referendum on independence. But the court doesn't have to rule either way, they could for instance say that Keatings doesn't have the right to bring the case, or they could say that it's hypothetical - Scottish courts don't rule on hypothetical situations, they don't give advisory opinions. My guess is that Lady Poole (IIRC) will go down one of those routes.

46 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Yes, the Keatings case is to decide if the Scottish Parliament has the power to hold a consultative referendum on independence. But the court doesn't have to rule either way, they could for instance say that Keatings doesn't have the right to bring the case, or they could say that it's hypothetical - Scottish courts don't rule on hypothetical situations, they don't give advisory opinions. My guess is that Lady Poole (IIRC) will go down one of those routes.

My guess is that Keatings will be slapped on the puss and told not to be so silly.

19 hours ago, Stinky Bone said:

What I have been saying all along.  If we have a Pro Independence majority at the next elections, then it is game over we win.  The Scottish electorate will have decided they want Independence. 

No they won't. They'll have decided they want the SNP to govern the country within the UK.