When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, DiegoDiego said:

Not sure why an American is so interested in Indyref2 to be honest.

I'm quite sure it wasn't a dream that I was born in Scotland and lived there for 31 years.

Edited by Anonapersona

13 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

The idea of a gen-x’r using words like ‘butthurt’ im not gonna lie, I felt a bit sick. 

omfg lol.

I'll just say this. I've been in the States for over twenty years. My accent is exactly the same as the day I left Scotland. There comes a point in time though, where you get fed up having to repeat yourself. Over time you need to drop the slang and pick up the words that the people around you use.

I still feel weird saying parking lot but it makes life a lot simpler.

Edited by Anonapersona

17 hours ago, Anonapersona said:

I'm Generation-X, kid. So, I can only assume you're butthurt because I called Osborne a piece of trash. So let me be even more clear about him:

If he was on fire and I had 100 gallons of water, you bet I'd try my best to drink it all.

If you read this post in Limmy's "New Yoik" voice it's much funnier.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1386754/nicola-sturgeon-news-scottish-independence-eu-latest-boris-johnson-vn

"So Boris Johnson has to make sure he resolves Northern Ireland, so that he neuters the ability for Scotland to get independence, neuters the ability to for EU to use the populace of Scotland against the United Kingdom."

Neuters? Jesus Christ.

4 hours ago, NotThePars said:

I'm not sure if it's a deliberate misunderstanding or not but Osborne could be writing a public letter geared toward a specific audience but other people will draw their own conclusions from it. It happens quite a lot!

The letter might have been intended for a narrow audience of his fellow scumbags, but in typical Tory style, it was put out there because he doesn’t really give a polished-silver shite what the untermensch make of it. He and his ilk have all the public relations skills - and double the contempt for people - of Tsar Nicholas.

ETA: We saw similar stuff during the last couple of years. The Tories and Tory publications would blithely make inflammatory comments about Europe, the EU, and foreign dignitaries and leaders. People pointed out the breathtaking stupidity in that Europeans had access to these publications and comments. I doubt it was (entirely) stupidity. They were playing to a narrow gallery of their far-right gammonbase and simply didn’t care what the filthy Frogs and Krauts thought. Tory arrogance, however, can backfire - and the people they don’t care about are able to see what they’re doing.

Edited by Antlion

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The SNP should start pushing hard on this line, the first part anyway.

Interestingly, Ireland, (ROI) is the 6th richest country in the world with a GDP (PPP)  per Capita of $82,439.

Norway lies 7th.

Both of these countries have similar populations to Scotland and it gives a what if we were Independent.

The UK is 26th btw.

Edited by SandyCromarty

2 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Interestingly, Ireland, (ROI) is the 6th richest country in the world with a GDP (PPP)  per Capita of $82,439.

Norway lies 7th.

Both of these countries have similar populations to Scotland and it gives a what if we were Independent.

The UK is 26th btw.

So we just lower the official tax base for multi nationals?  How does Ireland fare on GNI?

54 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

This would be good.

That would be good. I saw Ian Murray tweeting something earlier giving himself credit for this one. 

Not sure on the specifics in all honesty but would be a good move either way. 

5 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

That would be good. I saw Ian Murray tweeting something earlier giving himself credit for this one. 

Not sure on the specifics in all honesty but would be a good move either way. 

Was it passed, whatever it was? It ends abruptly.

6 hours ago, welshbairn said:

The SNP should start pushing hard on this line, the first part anyway.

It was indeed breathtaking from Brendan, but for my sins I came across some Brexiteers on the Express online , complaining that the BBC "Remoaners" were not letting Brendan develop how great this was for NI,  although no one on the show pointed out that the rest of the U.K are therefore at a competitive disadvantage.    I have largely given up on QT for other reasons.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1386754/nicola-sturgeon-news-scottish-independence-eu-latest-boris-johnson-vn
"So Boris Johnson has to make sure he resolves Northern Ireland, so that he neuters the ability for Scotland to get independence, neuters the ability to for EU to use the populace of Scotland against the United Kingdom."

Neuters? Jesus Christ.
Imagine the front pages of these rags the morning after the Yes vote. It will be absolutely fucking glorious.

Neuters? Jesus Christ.
This whole article has been written based on the opinion of former Brexit Party MEP Ben Habib.
Yup...me neither