When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

56 minutes ago, Erih Shtrep said:

Conservative voter pretending to care about the 'us and 'them' schism imploring us to remain in one of the most unequal country in the OECD.  

I lived long enough in a housing scheme in Motherwell, London's East End, E'burgh's New Town and Aberdeenshire's Deeside to ken that only brain-dead Natter fuckwits think that the 'us and 'them' schism is Scotland vs England.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Certainly not a great showcase for his comic* talent but he is substantially right.  All nationalist movements boil down to 'us' vs 'them' but what makes Scottish nationalism so risible - pathetic, even - is that 'us' are almost indistinguishable from 'them'.

And yet your bosses still think you’re a pathetic Scotch joke, no matter how much you try and show him what a jolly good BritNat racist you are...

8 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Certainly not a great showcase for his comic* talent but he is substantially right.  All nationalist movements boil down to 'us' vs 'them' but what makes Scottish nationalism so risible - pathetic, even - is that 'us' are almost indistinguishable from 'them'.

This isn't surprising as we've worked in partnership for almost half a millennium and have been the same political entity for over 300 years.

Who's the "us" and "them" in the eyes of Scottish Nationalists?

Quite an astonishing article! We don't care what you want Scotland or care for your democracy. You are required to keep us relevant in the world, so get back in your box and shut up!

https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/nationalism-union-brexit-b900299.html?utm_content=bufferd93ce&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

44 minutes ago, DublinMagyar said:

Mostly votes Tory v never votes Tory

Aye, we're a' the same

Bear in mind that, despite his Ken Loachian experience of housing schemes the length and breadth of Britain, the bold Kinc also repeatedly voted Tory, purely because they laughingly peddle British nationalism to the thick and the staunch. That makes his howls of protest against NATTERStm and the evils of social injustice pretty damn hollow.

Quite an astonishing article! We don't care what you want Scotland or care for your democracy. You are required to keep us relevant in the world, so get back in your box and shut up!
https://www.standard.co.uk/comment/nationalism-union-brexit-b900299.html?utm_content=bufferd93ce&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
Just read that, his advice to Boris J is just to ignore democracy. It really is quite astonishing

7 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Gideon hoovering up the coke and trolling f**k out the DUP. Glorious. Finally seeing a Tory admit they don’t think the Northern Irish are really British anyway, and that Scotland is a possession to be forced into submission like a colony is surprisingly refreshing.

Hey guys, did you all know that people who support Scottish independence are sometimes referred to as nationalists? Well it turns out that some people also described as nationalists were some pretty bad people.

Mind blown yet? Yeah, well just think on that for a while.

11 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Hey guys, did you all know that people who support Scottish independence are sometimes referred to as nationalists? Well it turns out that some people also described as nationalists were some pretty bad people.

You've made me question my whole reality. How can I ever thank you?

36 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
46 minutes ago, Colkitto said:

Just read that, his advice to Boris J is just to ignore democracy. It really is quite astonishing

It's quite a mindset they have about Scotland and Scottish democracy 

29 minutes ago, Gordon EF said:

Whenever anyone says that start talking about Gandhi.  They shut up pretty fast.

12 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

I mean its literally there right in front of you in black and white, after me further explaining further up the page, you found the quotes, posted them, and still don't understand what they say. Did I use difficult words?

I understand them fine.  I am not the one that posts over various threads stating that people can't have opinions on anything unless they are "experts".  What we are now finding out is that the subject that you have allegedly obtained a degree doesn't need any qualifications to discuss because "politics isn't like that".  Makes your alleged degree pretty worthless.

Anyway I look forward to you applying the same standards when people want to discuss the impact of viruses, lockdowns and schooling. 

4 minutes ago, strichener said:

I understand them fine.  I am not the one that posts over various threads stating that people can't have opinions on anything unless they are "experts".  What we are now finding out is that the subject that you have allegedly obtained a degree doesn't need any qualifications to discuss because "politics isn't like that".  Makes your alleged degree pretty worthless.

Anyway I look forward to you applying the same standards when people want to discuss the impact of viruses, lockdowns and schooling. 

Neither am I.  I said people on here questioning the R number are not qualified to do so. They're not.

You're a fanny, you can swing and miss all day if you want, it won't make you any less of a fanny. 

Consider me stunned that the former politician who famously thought referendums were a terrible idea and who told David Cameron not to hold on on EU membership... thinks a referendum is a terrible idea and is advising against it.

16 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

Consider me stunned that the former politician who famously thought referendums were a terrible idea and who told David Cameron not to hold on on EU membership... thinks a referendum is a terrible idea and is advising against it.

Advising to stomp on the democratic rights of Scotland takes it to another level though. Yes? No?

Anyways, the man is a repulsive piece of trash.

3 hours ago, Colkitto said:

From that Osborne article: "As Tony Blair says, no one has been able to mount a fight since Ruth Davidson left the stage. "

Illustrates how familiar George Osborne is with facts.

Quite a remarkable article that.

His suggesting that new takes are needed to project positive virtues of staying in union was terrifically juxtaposed by the speaking of Scotland like it's a Westninster possession, and just straight up denying the people a referendum, roasting hot takes.

You've got to remember that a guy like Osborne has a similar outlook to Mitch McConnell - he isn't there to elevate the art of discourse, and he certainly isn't there to practice any type of moral consistency. His is just a narrow outlook of achieving whatever short term goal is required, regardless of the long term impact.