When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What i can never get my head around with people like kincardine (there are heaps of them on twitter) is why they fail to understand that a vote for independence doesn’t have to be a vote for the snp and “nippy”. Yes they are a means to make it happen but they can be voted out when independence is achieved.

How any normal person could look at the job the tories are doing and see the damage caused by brexit and think they want to remain part of that is pretty baffling.

They bang on about the money aspect and some random figure but can’t seem to answer the question about why, if scotland is such a basket case, does the uk not just tell us to piss off?

They keep banging on about the GERS figure which js total shite and refuse to actually admit it is factually incorrect.

On 08/10/2020 at 00:58, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

???

I never mentioned the tories. It's Neil's 'London media' exceptionalism that's the issue here.

And add me to the charity bet. You owe Alzheimer's Scotland a tenner if wee nippy is still in post at the bells.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I think this is all of them so that's £60 due to a variety of good causes should Sturgeon remain FM on 01/01/21.

ETA no it's £50, day of the lords didn't actually take the bet.

I'd like my donation to go to the British Trust for Ornithology, whose data were instrumental in securing the conviction of gamekeeper Allen Lambert:

https://www.birdguides.com/articles/how-birdtrack-and-bto-survey-data-helped-convict-allen-lambert/

£60 quid including mine.

Edited by Henderson to deliver .....

2 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:

Kincy is a gid chap imo. He obviously isn't a fan of independence but his over the top posting is genius based on the responses he gets emoji106.png

Keep it up my good man...

No its racism is what it is.  If he spoke about black people or Indians they way he does Scots he'd be banned immediately.  I've said it for years, the only form of racism that is still completely acceptable at every level of British society is anti-Scottish racism.  I would also add Welsh now too.  

7 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

If we told rUK to go and ram any share of the debt, wouldn't Scotland just be breaking international law in a very specific and limited way?

Problem we would have would be not being able to borrow on international markets, and having a negative credit rating. The negotiations over a share of the debt, will, in all probability take quite a bit of time to iron out.

Also, of course the SNP wont be 'alone' in having a bumpy ride in 2021, naturally the Tories will as well, in addition to governments across Europe, and indeed, the world. However, 2021 might be a difficult 'sell' with regards to Independence when people are out of work, and you are asking them to pay more in the short to medium term, for longer term gain.

Better perhaps to plan for a Ref, later in the parliament, possibly early 2024, once the Covid fall out has had more time to settle, and the 'tough' economic choices have been implemented with regard to cuts to services, and possible tax rises. People have had more time to get used to them by then.

Also, the point about voting for a govt of your choice post-Indy....an early Indy parliament is still likely to be dominated by the SNP, unless the likes of Labour get their act together over the next 2 or 3 years.

Edited by Jedi

41 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Problem we would have would be not being able to borrow on international markets, and having a negative credit rating. The negotiations over a share of the debt, will, in all probability take quite a bit of time to iron out.

Also, of course the SNP wont be 'alone' in having a bumpy ride in 2021, naturally the Tories will as well, in addition to governments across Europe, and indeed, the world. However, 2021 might be a difficult 'sell' with regards to Independence when people are out of work, and you are asking them to pay more in the short to medium term, for longer term gain.

Better perhaps to plan for a Ref, later in the parliament, possibly early 2024, once the Covid fall out has had more time to settle, and the 'tough' economic choices have been implemented with regard to cuts to services, and possible tax rises. People have had more time to get used to them by then.

Also, the point about voting for a govt of your choice post-Indy....an early Indy parliament is still likely to be dominated by the SNP, unless the likes of Labour get their act together over the next 2 or 3 years.

You do realize that if Scotland is still in the UK by 2024, they'll just invent some other reason to make Scotland feel as if it has to stay? We either do it right now, or it simply never happens.

Scotland can do better than just pishy wee versions of Labour and the Tories as opposition to the SNP ffs. The Greens should also be looking to be a strong voice in our future, the people need to see we need to shift the focus to renewables NOW.

17 hours ago, ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) said:

You do realize that if Scotland is still in the UK by 2024, they'll just invent some other reason to make Scotland feel as if it has to stay? We either do it right now, or it simply never happens.

I agree, there's never gonna be a "good time" to leave, even today "they" are saying now is not the right time...

The Scottish Labour constitution spokesman, Anas Sarwar, said: “This proves that Nicola Sturgeon only has one priority – dividing the people of Scotland.

“In the midst of a global pandemic, when people are losing their jobs and saying goodbye to loved ones, it is insulting that she wants to focus on independence.”

Pamela Nash, the chief executive of the pro-UK Scotland in Union group, said: “Issuing a rallying cry for independence when people across Scotland are struggling with the devastating impact of the pandemic is deeply insulting. The next few years must be all about recovery from coronavirus, and that should be the entire focus for the Scottish government.”