When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

To those who don't have it: stop voting for Tories. Vote for parties that will borrow to improve services and provide jobs in the process. If you can't find a party that will do that in the UK in a timescale of relevance to you and your family, vote for independence.

Vote for a party that is wholly based in Scotland and does not have a member in the undemocratic unelected House of Lords.

3 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Another article from the FT about independence.

https://www.ft.com/content/1baa562f-8006-4e87-94a7-34fdcc453011

Loved this quote from a Labour councillor which I think is supposed to be a defense of the union?

image.png.44c30f1ba4bd1c080e4faa05d8a111a1.png

I've always found it particularly amusing when Yoons argue that Scotland is a mess, therefore we need to stay in the Union. Talk about cognitive dissonance.

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

POST THE DIRT

I just slagged him off while we were chatting and he said "He was actually a lecturer when I was at uni and his ego could barely fit in the building" or words to that effect. 

1 hour ago, Detournement said:

Have you finished volume 6 yet?

I'm about 20 pages off finishing the Hitler digression. Gonna get back into it after I finish The Years of Rice and Salt.

Planning to pay off the debt is insane. The UK is never going to pay off the capital so why should an independent Scotland?

Richard Murphy has written about this. Unless the rUK government plans to pay off the capital rather than refinancing in perpetuity neither should Scotland. Andrew Wilson is putting the interests of his Charlotte Street clients who want access to sterling ahead of any other interests presumably with the blessing of Nicola and Murrell. It's pathetic how complacent SNP supporters are about this. It can't be fixed later. 

Wilson's plan is the kind of shit Argentina and Greece have had forced on them by international institutions which has crippled them. The difference here is no one is forcing us to do it. 

1 hour ago, NotThePars said:

I'm about 20 pages off finishing the Hitler digression. Gonna get back into it after I finish The Years of Rice and Salt.

The final section about his family/wife is absolutely brutal. 

It took me a few months to read the first section because I was moving house then after I had that sorted I conveniently fucked my back up in the gym which meant I battered through the rest of it in a very intense horizontal week. 

4 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The final section about his family/wife is absolutely brutal. 

It took me a few months to read the first section because I was moving house then after I had that sorted I conveniently fucked my back up in the gym which meant I battered through the rest of it in a very intense horizontal week. 

It's the analysis of Joyce and the poetry that fucked me for months I simply do not care but also just couldn't skip it cause I hate doing that. I really need to start reading it again cause I know I'll batter through it. Like you I battered through at least 3 of them in less than a fortnight each cause they're so readable. 

3 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

It's the analysis of Joyce and the poetry that fucked me for months I simply do not care but also just couldn't skip it cause I hate doing that. I really need to start reading it again cause I know I'll batter through it. Like you I battered through at least 3 of them in less than a fortnight each cause they're so readable. 

The Shakespeare/Library chapter was my favourite section of Ulysses so I enjoyed all that. The bits about Rembrandt and Paul Celan were some of my favourite bits of the earlier books as well. I'm obviously a big fan of the snout and coffee parts too.

38 minutes ago, Detournement said:

The Shakespeare/Library chapter was my favourite section of Ulysses so I enjoyed all that. The bits about Rembrandt and Paul Celan were some of my favourite bits of the earlier books as well. I'm obviously a big fan of the snout and coffee parts too.

I guess it's that the digressions are enormous in this case whereas they're generally refined the others. I know that's an MP though.

43 minutes ago, Genuine Hibs Fan said:

A mate lent me part 1 of Knausgaard the other week after raving about it months ago and I cannot wait to get tore in about it

The opening of book one is tremendous. After that it does take some much getting used to the vibe but after book one I ripped through books 2-5 with ease. 

download (1).jpeg