When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 hours ago, Carnoustie Young Guvnor said:

What sort of bellend would spoil their ballot?  You could just not go to the polling station.  That's just weird.

My polling station was literally right outside the station I use to go to work. I wanted to register a protest vote in a safe seat.

36 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I usually vote but have drawn a cock and balls a couple of times, as is my unalienable democratic right.

It's looking like cock and balls for the constituency vote and Green on the list next year tbqfhwy.

I find the pencil to small for doing some proper cock art so I just place my combo onto an ink pad then plop them on the voting sheet in the booth

disclaimer - don't wear light coloured chinos when voting

Edited by dirty dingus

The government has confirmed £300m in emergency funding for spectator sports in England, with rugby union by far the largest beneficiary.

🤔

Is that a devolved thing?

eta      “Britain is a sports powerhouse, and this government will do everything we can to help our precious sports and clubs make it through Covid.”

Edited by cyderspaceman

7 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

There was that old story wasn't there about the guy who marked his paper 'w**k, w**k, good guy, w**k' and it was accepted as it "showed a clear preference". Can't mind if it was an urban myth or not. 

We get it in an update almost every election evening in some form with this sort of thing happening.

I think there is truth in it, electoral commission have guidance for returning officers and election agents here (wrong election but think the material is the same), guidance is that a first preference doesn't necessarily need to be indicated through a cross in the box and as long as it's 'clear' and the ballot is otherwise fine with the right watermarks etc, it can't be rejected.

Once the returning officer makes the call, that's it official unless anyone wants to take it to court.

My polling station was literally right outside the station I use to go to work. I wanted to register a protest vote in a safe seat.

You're not alone in spoiling your ballot. 

I did the same in 2014 - I was neither (at that time) a supporter of independence nor a supporter of the status quo.

12 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Alright how's this for a blazing hot take:

This'll reduce support for independence 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/politics/scots-covid-vaccine-next-month-23036950.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Vaccines often have surprising side effects.

WARNING: You may experience nausea, headaches and an increased propensity for licking boot.

51 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Can anyone explain why Kincy wasn't emptied last night?

Posters have been binned for a lot less.

Why on earth would you want to do that, he does more to undermine the Unionist cause than Lord Haw-Haw.

26 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Why on earth would you want to do that, he does more to undermine the Unionist cause than Lord Haw-Haw.

You mean, when people read him rant that every single thick JOCK who DARES consider independence is a filthy NATTER who doesn’t appreciate the benevolent, tumescent-nippled tiddies of Mother England, they don’t suddenly think, “hey - that old racist guy is right. NO SURRENDER!”?

I’m shocked.