When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That was a the view of the current Scottish Government then.

What the view of the current Scottish Government?

What will the view of the nect Scottish Government, which will be formed next year be?

Your very own version of the Rangers it was the company not the club.

1 minute ago, strichener said:

Your very own version of the Rangers it was the company not the club.

Of course it's pedantry. But if the electorate signal their support for the SNP to call another referendum then it's only pedants and unionists that fear the outcome that give a shit about who said the first one was a once in a generation vote.

10 hours ago, Mr Heliums said:

Think the SNP should tackle this 'once in a generation' thing head on if that's the way unionists still want to play it.

Because the SNP can begin to use the language of 'a generation' in their arguments too – the threat of a 'lost generation'. Thousands now who've left university with no job to go to thanks to a Brexit they were too young to vote against, and whose careers and hopes have been damaged by the effects of an independence referendum they were too young to vote for. 

I sympathise but that risks giving validity to the “once in a generation” statement.  It was a stupid comment, albeit one that was probably never meant to be taken literally or so seriously.

Any politician who has a fixed tenure of office, whether or 4 years, 5 years or whatever, has no mandate to talk for policy beyond that term.  It is only the arrogance of politicians, whether Salmond or Alistair Jack, who think that their mandate lasts beyond the next election.

17 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's time to hold Boris to his "dead in a ditch" promise if we didn't leave the EU Oct 19.

More importantly, who urged his supporters to vote in the "critical once in a generation election" in December 2019?

And just for balance, who told his supporters that the same election was "a once-in-a-generation chance for real change"

Would strichener agree that their parties should be bound by these statements and, if so, can he predict the date of the next UK General Election?

(Answers in links in white text below) 

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1214450/boris-johnson-letter-general-election-2019-tory-party-labour-jeremy-corbyn-latest

https://labour.org.uk/press/this-election-is-a-once-in-a-generation-chance-for-real-change-jeremy-corbyn/

I

35 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

I've said it before, but 6 years on, why is the losing side's promises and manifesto still getting more scrutiny than the winning side's ?

Sturgeon should declare the next referendum as definitely the last one ever, but make this declaration in a tabloid newspaper under the headline "The Vow".

You can promise any old shit then.

3 hours ago, Andrew Driver said:

IF 7 years is accepted by the UK gov as a political generation between NI leaving the UK, then it provides a salient argument this should also apply to Scotland.  

The nearest Thursday after Sept 18th 2021 will do just fine.  

Yep, short campaign, get the vote done, get indy done. 

16 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Family owned business worth 145 million

The Buchan family mentioned, trading as Lunar Fishing, will have most of that wealth tied up in company operations and assets, they have seven fishing boats working for them at large operational costs, fuel eg,. I don't the cost of the boats but it will be in the millions.

Consider Kevin McHugh's Atlantic Dawn built in Norway in 1998 at a cost of 63 million Euros.

On a smaller scale the Taits of Fraserburgh have five boats and I believe their latest 'TAITS' FR229 cost £13 million to build.

Bear in mind that the families I mentioned, the Taits and Buchans, along with all other east coast fishing families lived a hand to mouth existence 50 years ago, back then, being religious, no boats left the harbour until a minute after midnight on a monday mornay, that all changed with the new generation and now you find the boats out in all weather mid Atlamtic and as far north as they can get. 

43 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

The Buchan family mentioned, trading as Lunar Fishing, will have most of that wealth tied up in company operations and assets, they have seven fishing boats working for them at large operational costs, fuel eg,. I don't the cost of the boats but it will be in the millions.

Consider Kevin McHugh's Atlantic Dawn built in Norway in 1998 at a cost of 63 million Euros.

On a smaller scale the Taits of Fraserburgh have five boats and I believe their latest 'TAITS' FR229 cost £13 million to build.

Bear in mind that the families I mentioned, the Taits and Buchans, along with all other east coast fishing families lived a hand to mouth existence 50 years ago, back then, being religious, no boats left the harbour until a minute after midnight on a monday mornay, that all changed with the new generation and now you find the boats out in all weather mid Atlamtic and as far north as they can get. 

What's your point here? Feel sorry for the current multi millionaire fishermen because their great grandads were less well off.  Having grown up in the north east I know skippers to be selfish, greedy, religious Tory p***ks. They don't give a damn about anyone or anything other than themselves.

Yeah, weird that their rise in fortunes has coincided with EU membership.
One side of my family were all fishermen, only one left now (small lobster creeler that he operates alone), most sold out about 20 years ago & none have struggled thru they’re early retirement after flogging their boats. I’ve no sympathy for any fishermen or farmers who were pro-Brexit, c***s, the lot of them.
As anyone could see, they’ll be sold down the river as soon as it suits the Tories.

6 hours ago, GTG_03 said:

What's your point here? Feel sorry for the current multi millionaire fishermen because their great grandads were less well off.  Having grown up in the north east I know skippers to be selfish, greedy, religious Tory p***ks. They don't give a damn about anyone or anything other than themselves.

Go back to the previous page on this thread and you will see my stand on fisherman voting tory and for Brexit, my thoughts and utter dislike of the tories are well documented on this forum and you seem to be the only poster unaware of that fact.

My mentioning in the change of fortune from yesteryear for North East fishermen was from a historical point of view, the same could be said on farming.