When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, Andrew Driver said:

You've provided no such thing.   Perhaps you can post up the video of Alex being interviewed by Andrew Neil which is the origin on the "once in a generation" and clearly you will see him talking backwards to 1979 and 1997.   That's my last post because I'm cooking some pasta and it's starting to rise and boil.  

I have already provided a link to our current FM using the phrase in her conference speech.

4 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

Freedom is the answer.

Freedom to govern ourselves without the westminster input and an undemocratic unelected HOL telling us what can or cannot do.

A freedom tied to unelected, unaccountable EU quangocrats, very good. Holyrood has had ample tools to do the job in Scotland and failed miserably. 

Think the SNP should tackle this 'once in a generation' thing head on if that's the way unionists still want to play it.

Because the SNP can begin to use the language of 'a generation' in their arguments too – the threat of a 'lost generation'. Thousands now who've left university with no job to go to thanks to a Brexit they were too young to vote against, and whose careers and hopes have been damaged by the effects of an independence referendum they were too young to vote for. 

10 hours ago, Glen Sannox said:

A freedom tied to unelected, unaccountable EU quangocrats, very good. Holyrood has had ample tools to do the job in Scotland and failed miserably. 

From my point of view, and from probably many others on here, the EU was good for Scotland if only for the fact that under EU rules westminster and the despised tory grandees could NOT steamroll major shite social policies onto the Scottish people without EU approval.

Now that is gone with Brexit just watch these fuckin tories go to town next year.

If say you were in business for instance would you prefer to be tied to one customer with a population of 60 Million or have total unrestricted access to 27 countries with a population of 450 Million.

So I ask you as the hypothetical business fella and as a unionist present me with a totally valid and balanced argument as to why you would not prefer to trade unrestrictedly with that huge EU market but remain trading with the smaller market, england, and be at their beck and call?

I see strichener has been active over the last few pages, I've got him on ignore so don't know what he's on about now, but it is interesting to note that Strichen is only a few miles from two major Scottish fishing ports, Fraserburgh and Peterhead, and it looks like the tories with their brexit negotiations are selling the hard working fishermen out on protecting British fishing waters, this was a major brexit political selling point in that disgraceful referendum which swayed a lot of people to vote yes throughout the UK.

It's the old old story never trust a tory unless you are the landed gentry or a multi millionaire, otherwise you get shit on.

Jimmy Buchan you should have listened to Richard Lochhead and the SNP Gov all those years ago.

You were always going to be sold down the river, (pardon the pun Jimmy). 

Roll on Independence away from these pariahs. 

Edited by SandyCromarty

1 hour ago, SandyCromarty said:

I see strichener has been active over the last few pages, I've got him on ignore so don't know what he's on about now, but it is interesting to note that Strichen is only a few miles from two major Scottish fishing ports, Fraserburgh and Peterhead, and it looks like the tories with their brexit negotiations are selling the hard working fishermen out on protecting British fishing waters, this was a major brexit political selling point in that disgraceful referendum which swayed a lot of people to vote yes throughout the UK.

It's the old old story never trust a tory unless you are the landed gentry or a multi millionaire, otherwise you get shit on.

Jimmy Buchan you should have listened to Richard Lochhead and the SNP Gov all those years ago.

You were always going to be sold down the river, (pardon the pun Jimmy). 

Roll on Independence away from these pariahs. 

The fishermen were never going to get what they want anyway it has been obvious from day one that EU boats are going to be allowed to fish in UK waters;

Ignoring the boats that bought UK licenses from UK boats, they want no EU boats in UK waters to allow UK boats to catch more fish.  Somehow they expect to defy the very basic principle of supply and demand and the price for the fish not falling when they catch more fish.

No EU boats in UK waters, no trade deal and tariffs added to fish where the majority caught is exported to the EU.  Price for the fish falls further, and if it can't be sold price falls even further.

If anything quotas on fishing have been artificially inflating the price for years by restricting the number of fish allowed to be caught, but the fishermen have been too blinded to actually see that.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I like how Unionists are now treating the White Paper like it is the Magna Carta.

And yet not a word on upholding the veracity of Boris Johnson’s claims about Brexit nor anything that was claimed regarding EU secession. What SNP figures stated years ago is apparently set in stone. What UK leaders and politicians say doesn’t matter.

Incidentally, I thought recent word from Tory HQ was that they should stop harping on #NOTOSCOTLAND and start up-selling regional status of the UK. Has the memo not leaked downwards to the groundlings yet?

4 hours ago, munro76 said:

The fishermen were never going to get what they want anyway it has been obvious from day one that EU boats are going to be allowed to fish in UK waters;

Ignoring the boats that bought UK licenses from UK boats, they want no EU boats in UK waters to allow UK boats to catch more fish.  Somehow they expect to defy the very basic principle of supply and demand and the price for the fish not falling when they catch more fish.

No EU boats in UK waters, no trade deal and tariffs added to fish where the majority caught is exported to the EU.  Price for the fish falls further, and if it can't be sold price falls even further.

If anything quotas on fishing have been artificially inflating the price for years by restricting the number of fish allowed to be caught, but the fishermen have been too blinded to actually see that.

They got greedy. They saw what they thought was a chance to have the stocks all to themselves and most likely to to create a monopoly, like you note.

Short sighted greed never ends up well.

Get it up every single one of them, especially that tosser Buchan.

4 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

>50% of the UK fleet is Spanish and Dutch owned anyway, it's a complete charade.

Not so, in checking I found the figures you quote are for England where Icelandic, Dutch and Spanish companies own 49% of the english fleet.

In Scotland it is completely different where 60% of the UK  Quota is landed and only 4% of the annual value was in foreign hands.

The Scottish Fishing Industry is made up of family owned businesses, the Fraserburgh Taits for instance, and the Alexander Buchan company of Peterhead trading as Lunar Fishing own or control 8.9% of the UK quota holdings, the family wealth as per the Times rich list is at £145 Million.

Edited by SandyCromarty