When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fair enough, Gib is a last bastion of colonialism.
However Spain has Ceuta a Spanish claimed territory in Morocco and opposite Gibralter.
So there is international territorial problems on both sides of the entry to the Med.
Well it's only fair that we get 1/10 of Gibraltar and 1/10 of the Falklands, considering we are supposedly getting 1/10 of the debt. Perhaps we could do a deal with WM on the rock or the islands...

I reckon Gibraltar will be the first bit of the UK to leave after brexit. They're already half gone anyway with their customs arrangements.

The people of Gibraltar are British, they’d do anything to show how proud of being British they are.

Well apart from paying British tax obviously, they have to draw the line somewhere

12 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

To be fair

It’s not the most ludicrous plan for a post Brexit UK foreign policy that I’ve heard

I'm working on a deal to swap Orkney and Shetland for Greenland. The Danes are being a bit cagey but Donald's champing at the bit, I reckon we could get Hawaii and maybe New Jersey if we throw in Fife. He's got the hots for St Andrews.

Edited by welshbairn

13 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

It's not in Morocco, it's in Spain

No, it's in Africa.

Bordering Morocco and it's a Spanish claimed territory  and Morocco has been in dispute over the Spanish claimed ownership for years stating that Ceuta is a Spanish colony.

The point I should have made clearer earlier is that though Spain is claiming Gibralter is part of Spain and the UK sees Gib as an overseas territory the same argument is being put forward repeatedly by Morocco over Ceuta and Melilla yet Spain tries to sweep this under the carpet to further it's claim over Gib.  

12 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

I reckon Gibraltar will be the first bit of the UK to leave after brexit. They're already half gone anyway with their customs arrangements.

I'd agree with that, it was of prime strategic importance as far as the UK was concerned back in the day in it's capacity of monitoring ship movements in and out of the Med, with satellite surveillance it has become redundant in that role. 

No, it's in Africa.

Bordering Morocco and it's a Spanish claimed territory  and Morocco has been in dispute over the Spanish claimed ownership for years stating that Ceuta is a Spanish colony.

The point I should have made clearer earlier is that though Spain is claiming Gibralter is part of Spain and the UK sees Gib as an overseas territory the same argument is being put forward repeatedly by Morocco over Ceuta and Melilla yet Spain tries to sweep this under the carpet to further it's claim over Gib.  

Morocco does something similar with Western Sahara when it comes to claims on Ceuta and Melilla.

10 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That article is better suited to the centre pages of Private Eye.

Toby Young proving yet again he is the fud's fud.

Edited by Barney Rubble