When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Denial about what? It may be the case that the majority of Scotland wants Indy and we may see that in a future referendum, I'm not closed to that possibility at all but all I'm saying is it takes a brass neck to presume Scotland wants Indy coz of a few polls during a time when a referendum isn't firmly on the table. 

The last polls to be held before the Edinburgh Agreement was signed to kick off the independence referendum of 2014 gave Yes 28%. I would say 58% was decent early starter. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

By polls...

I don't believe there has been a significant swing, people will often support Independence on the name alone but when the reality of the debate sets in then they don't go for it. If there is actually a referendum on the horizon and the polls were as they are  now then I'd be concerned as a Unionist but as it stands I believe the polls aren't exactly significant in the grand scheme of things. 

It's an undeniable fact that Scottish opinion polls have been very accurate for a long time. They were within the margin of error in 2007, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2019. What do you think the methodological flaw is that leads them to be wrong now?

Bear in mind that the polls moved from No to Yes "when the reality of the debate set in" last time.

Screenshot 2020-10-18 at 23.20.35.png

11 hours ago, Stormzy said:

You guys act as if Unionists will need to have a new plan, they won't. They comfortably win from getting the SNP to explain their unrealistic visions. Nothing has changed that changes the arguments made in 2014. 

Nothing has changed, except a hard Brexit we were told wouldn't happen and the English electing Johnson, who is widely and strongly perceived to have failed miserably on coronavirus and who was very unpopular in Scotland anyway?

What's changed in the minds of moderate voters is the balance of risk. Last time No was seen as the safe option. Are you really confident that's how it's still seen? 

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It's impossible to be much clearer without good faith from Westminster and the Treasury. They want to paint as bad a picture as possible so promise zero cooperation for a smooth transfer, when in reality they'd be desperate for as gentle a separation as possible, including a short to medium term currency share. If the SNP give an honest evaluation of what's likely to happen, London will lie through their teeth again, as they did in 2014, and say there will be zero cooperation and they'll block everything, hoping that will frighten enough people into voting no.

Why should we proceed with either assuming good faith or that rUK would want as smooth a transfer as possible.  Have you been in a coma for the last few years?

6 minutes ago, strichener said:

Why should we proceed with either assuming good faith or that rUK would want as smooth a transfer as possible.  Have you been in a coma for the last few years?

The pound in a post Brexit rUK would fall through the floor if they didn't.

12 minutes ago, strichener said:

We should do nothing because the alternative is a bit of a pain, frankly.  I look forward to the coming dystopia that Strichner feels is better than actually doing something.

1 minute ago, Baxter Parp said:

We should do nothing because the alternative is a bit of a pain, frankly.  I look forward to the coming dystopia that Strichner feels is better than actually doing something.

You are far too interested in what you want me to say that you don't actually read what I do say. 

Nowhere in my post have I suggested doing nothing,  rather questioned why we should assume that rUK will be receptive to an easy transition. 

Just now, strichener said:

You are far too interested in what you want me to say that you don't actually read what I do say. 

Nowhere in my post have I suggested doing nothing,  rather questioned why we should assume that rUK will be receptive to an easy transition. 

Yes, you haven't bothered to post an alternative, my apologies. What's the alternative?

16 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

The pound in a post Brexit rUK would fall through the floor if they didn't.

Why do you believe that the pound will fall more with Scotland gaining independence than Brexit?  Would be interested in what makes you think this.

Edited by strichener

Just now, MixuFruit said:

no i mean is it material from an official yes group

Ah. "You Yes Yet" appear to be a campaign group in their own right, but i don't follow them - their stuff is often shared by various other FB Groups, Yes Scotland etc etc. I'm assuming they're not an "official" group, probably just a bunch of campaigners setting up Social Media accounts. 

14 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

EknYfBpXIAEpjKM?format=jpg&name=small

Worth pointing out, not that the blinkered SNP supporters would take notice.

The Wood Group are a worldwide organisation, operating in many different areas of employment.

They have helped local people in many countries gain trades and valuable training.

That includes training local people in parts of Africa achieve what could only have dreamed about in the past.

1 minute ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

The Wood Group are a worldwide organisation, operating in many different areas of employment.

They have helped local people in many countries gain trades and valuable training.

That includes training local people in parts of Africa achieve what could only have dreamed about in the past.

Fabulous. 

So is he, or is he not a billionaire? 

Does, or does Scotland NOT have a specific oil fund (a la Norway)?

Two fairly easy questions for you there. 

2 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

I used to work for them. I fucking hate Wood Group. The place I worked for was a decent and well respected business.

After much fucking over by Wood Group it was a shit place to work and the respect and reputation has been tarnished by association the subsuming by WG or Wood as it's now known.

The boy is a prize bellend who got lucky. Growth by acquisition company who have market share simply by buying up all the rivals.