When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yeah because when I am pished I say I won't remember.

You're  always welcome to post about me but the 'takeaway' from today (well yesterday) was Nippy saying she didn't remember a meeting with Geoff Aberdein when we all know that she did.

But still, the daft wee tartan gonks will always believe what they like.

Seems to be a recurring theme with SNP supporters and the SNP , selective memory  loss.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Anyone using the term nippy automatically loses credibility. It lacks class.

The fact that others do it too (ala whataboutery) is hardly a great defence.

We all use nicknames for each other, Pandy

Edited by The_Kincardine

6 hours ago, pandarilla said:

There's absolutely no doubt sturgeon is having a terrible couple of weeks.

That's a massive revelation today but I'm much more concerned about the unpopularity of the restrictions. She needs to see some big improvements in the covid numbers coming over the next few weeks, or she could be under some serious pressure - and that will unfortunately have an effect in terms of any future referendum.

On the restrictions it will always be the case that you get damned for putting restrictions in early, but it you leave off you'll be damned after the fact for leaving it too late.

I suspect the unspoken aim here is to stop everyone mixing while the student hall transmissions burn themselves out. 

On the other stuff, no one really cares. There simply isn't momentum to make hay out of it. Short of Salmond having cast iron evidence of a conspiracy to get him, and the will to chuck that hand grenade into the SNP months before an election, then I can't see there being much of a window for opposition parties to get into it.

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

There’s few things more tragic than grown men referring to Nicola Sturgeon as nippy. 

She called herself 'Chief Mammy' and you 'grown men' said heehaw.  Instead you produced votive candles.

That is the real tragedy.

She called herself 'Chief Mammy' and you 'grown men' said heehaw.  Instead you produced votive candles.
That is the real tragedy.

That’s an interesting one. Do you know who came up with “Chief Mammy” and who calls her it?

2 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

There’s few things more tragic than grown men referring to Nicola Sturgeon as nippy. It’s no surprised the vast majority who do so, are rabid ****.

It's handy little flag for the rest of us that the person is a fucking idiot tbf.

Tbf, I get a sense of anger with these restrictions that I haven’t seen from people up to now. ‘Lost the dressing room’ is typically hyperbolic but I’m interested to see if Sturgeon’s approval ratings and the SNP’s Holyrood polling are impacted at all.

An unusual coalition of hardcore Unionists and Yes Da’s have been getting excited about Salmond’s case taking down Sturgeon for ages now. It’s not going to happen. 

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

flash in a pan tbh. It's shite, I don't like it, but it's 2 weeks. Folk have memories like goldfish.

Covid thread for this pish, but the problem with folk being raging with measures is surely that willingness to follow them drops? I agree with you in terms of electoral damage. The tories and Trump have shown that you can get away with just about anything if you have a solid base

8 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

I don't really see how a pub can not follow the measures and expect to keep its license. Maybe if they all flouted it at the same time, but all that does is expose that civil society is gossamer thin and depends on a terrifying level of goodwill.

Tbh, the current restrictions cant really bot be complied with. Folk using them as an excuse to review their compliance with the current ones, specifically household mixing, would be where the problem lies

On the restrictions it will always be the case that you get damned for putting restrictions in early, but it you leave off you'll be damned after the fact for leaving it too late.

I suspect the unspoken aim here is to stop everyone mixing while the student hall transmissions burn themselves out. 

On the other stuff, no one really cares. There simply isn't momentum to make hay out of it. Short of Salmond having cast iron evidence of a conspiracy to get him, and the will to chuck that hand grenade into the SNP months before an election, then I can't see there being much of a window for opposition parties to get into it.

I don't think sturgeon will fall because of any of this - but it's certainly been a damaging time.

The salmond revelation about 'forgetting' a crucial detail doesn't look good. Those pointing out that there isn't any legitimate opposition to take advantage are right of course, but if sturgeon loses credibility then it could impact on the snp vote share. More worryingly, it could dampen momentum for a future referendum.