When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, Stormzy said:

So its pathetic and immature that somebody red dotted posts they didn't like and green dotted posts they did like whilst I get 20 red dots a day when people wake up and you don't find that pathetic or immature?

Integrity in this place is in the gutter. 

You should be grateful it's only 20.

17 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

You should be grateful it's only 20.

Tbf if I didn't get so many it would make me doubt my initial thoughts on the level of discourse in here so as always it's nice to be proven correct. 

The New Statesman and the Guardian are both capable of high quality journalism which is what makes their persisting with such shite staff columnists so bizarre. I’m coming round to Felix Biederman’s take that Britain had a New Deal for Guardian columnists where we gave 500,000 shitty writers permanent jobs and the result is John Harris and his Britpop haircut trying to be the Red Wall Whisperer while Marina Hyde makes pithy remarks about a government she helped inaugurate.

Kind of feel like newsletters will inherit the earth at this stage. If paywall media ever create an actual paywall and I'm forced to part with cash I think I'd be more likely to punt a few quid a month each at half a dozen writers. I'm no more likely to pay an actual sub for a newspaper as I am a TV license.

I’d sub to the FT if it wasn’t so expensive but that’s about it. Apart from the LRB sub I’ve got ofc.

3 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

You post your opinions and argument frequently which you are entitled to, we all need an opposition in political arenas to present balance, as far as I can recollect I have red dotted you the one time for a post I personally found obnoxious.

What I do find pathetic is a poster who in one go lashes out with six red dots to six different posters over a two minute period without even posting a comment.

And It is immature. 

Congratulations, I have given you a green dot for this post.

You have managed to write a couple of paragraphs without the use of foul and abusive language.

For what it’s worth, I was given some 50 red dots for failing to agree with some of the hard core politics posted on here, to which you are frequently part off.

If I wish to remain part of the UK, that is my prerogative, I should not be insulted or told I am  stupid for exercising my vote, wishes.

4 hours ago, Stormzy said:

So its pathetic and immature that somebody red dotted posts they didn't like and green dotted posts they did like whilst I get 20 red dots a day when people wake up and you don't find that pathetic or immature?

Integrity in this place is in the gutter. 

Could not agree more.

Far to often this type of site, forums are taken over by bullies.

YOU ! Must agree with us or else.

Why does Stormzy accumulate so many red dots?

Quite obviously the same folk everyday pushing their agenda.

6 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Could not agree more.

It isn't hard to come into a forum looking for a real discussion.

Stormzy flat out said that's not his intention.

Why would you defend him?

24 minutes ago, Merkincher Clach & County said:

Could not agree more.

Brilliant!

Four red dots for this one.

Unlike some other moaners on here worrying about red dots, I’ll manage to sleep tonight.

Hopefully Stormzy will to.

PS. I think the next poster missed something.

The New Statesman and the Guardian are both capable of high quality journalism which is what makes their persisting with such shite staff columnists so bizarre. I’m coming round to Felix Biederman’s take that Britain had a New Deal for Guardian columnists where we gave 500,000 shitty writers permanent jobs and the result is John Harris and his Britpop haircut trying to be the Red Wall Whisperer while Marina Hyde makes pithy remarks about a government she helped inaugurate.

I almost hate myself for it, but I started reading the Spectator during lockdown.

I know I am a socially left of centre Scottish Nationalist (economically in the centre ground), but I really enjoy it as a magazine. A really good spread of articles, not all from the right wing, and some really excellent ones on literature and the arts. It also doesn’t take itself too seriously.

6 hours ago, Anonapersona said:

It isn't hard to come into a forum looking for a real discussion.

Stormzy flat out said that's not his intention.

Why would you defend him?

To be fair, I have tried with this place previously so I do think their is sincere room to discuss the attitude of this place as a whole and it's unwelcoming nature whilst at the same time acknowledging I've returned this time and purposefully played the troll. 

If anything though I've managed to weed out the morons from the rest and I do concede there are definitely sincere eloquent debaters here that merely have different opinions than me but at the same time there's also a gang of morons, probably bored or threatened by people who oppose different views and have a fascination with dots. 

He's probably defending me because he feels a certain way about how certain views are received on here and perhaps he has previous similar struggles but I don't know the full story so best not go further than that. 

4 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

I almost hate myself for it, but I started reading the Spectator during lockdown.

I know I am a socially left of centre Scottish Nationalist (economically in the centre ground), but I really enjoy it as a magazine. A really good spread of articles, not all from the right wing, and some really excellent ones on literature and the arts. It also doesn’t take itself too seriously.

I'd consider myself just right of centre and i think the Speccy is quite good when it comes to differing opinions. 

Alex Massie quite oftenly writes takes on SI that I disagree with but appreciate the views. 

4 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

It's gone downhill for me, far more the house magazine for the Tory right than it used to be. In the glory days of Alexander Chancellor as editor it used to be full of stories about obscure African countries and some genuine eccentrics. Got a subscription as a present and I'm not renewing. Prospect is getting better, used to be full of worthy but boring articles about NHS finances and management structures, the latest issue isn't dry at all,  a few cracking articles.

Definitely not the place for this but I've got 1 subscription and it's to Delayed Gratification - they pretty much analyse news stories and do the previous 3 months as to try and avoid the whole quick take clickbait 24 hours news stuff we are subjected to nowadays. Worth checking out if you're looking for some good content!

On 04/10/2020 at 21:01, Stormzy said:

Doesn't matter how it goes to be honest when talking about Scottish Independence.. early to say though considering we're still at the negotiating table with the EU. 

After four years, we're a wee bit behind. That's nae feather in the UK's caps.

Out of interest, did you vote Remain or Leave?

Edited by Sunrise

38 minutes ago, Sunrise said:

After four years, we're a wee bit behind. That's nae feather in the UK's caps.

Out of interest, did you vote Remain or Leave?

I have been keen to reform/leave the EU for a long time and I was supporting leave but right at the end when Farage did the poster about migrants I just couldn't back it and ended up voting Remain. I supported Brexit on a multitude of reasons and none were about refugees.. I'm happy Leave won but at the time just the way the narrative swerved towards immigration had me less keen on supporting the people being the idea.

I know there's a forum for Dross but it has been interesting in the last week that by his comments about Boris and cohorts feeding the Independence movement with Brexit and Power grab ammo I get the feeling that the cattleman is not only distancing himself from westminster but could possibly be looking at a split.

Apologies for the source, but imagine wanting to stay chained to this hateful shite:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/boris-johnson-calls-coronavirus-pandemic-22790194

What sort of dreadful cretin do you have to be to want to stay part of that horrible garbage?