When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 hours ago, G51 said:

Who mentioned Caithness in this?

14 hours ago, G51 said:

It's the first (of many to come, I suspect) example of a Highlands and Islands community pushing for independence.

Did I miss the memo where Caithness wasn't covered by the phrase "Highlands and Islands community"?

(No, I did not)

2 hours ago, Alan Stubbs said:

I remember Kincardine’s patter being mostly based on triumphalist smugness. This level of tears and snorters tells you everything you need to know about the way things are going.

Although I’m not against this giving the Borders to England idea, tbh. 

The Borders and D&G for starters.

As I said in my post, any future referendum really should have an opt-out clause - sustained by the £12Bn Scexit premium - for the 'nice' parts of Scotland to distance themselves from scheme-dwelling Natter horde.

There is nothing controversial in this.

As I said in my post, any future referendum really should have an opt-out clause - sustained by the £12Bn Scexit premium - for the 'nice' parts of Scotland to distance themselves from scheme-dwelling Natter horde.

Hmm, some would argue that Scotland becoming independent is kind of an opt out of Brexit. You wouldn't agree I'm sure.

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Hello my friend, I'm not going to go down the line of the 'Gin soaked' blah blah pish, but I do have a genuine query. Just looking at your responses here and on the Jock Stein thread, specifically in relation to post time, I persume you work night shifts or suffer from insomnia?

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

the new booze fuelled term to repeat on mantra until its forgotten in a haze......ha

10 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Except it's the Shetlanders themselves who are doing the talking rather than the 'diversionary unionists'.

What I'd like to see, if/when Indyref2 is granted, is a package of measure for regions/businesses who don't want to be part of the Caledonian Transnistria in the event that the votes is in favour. I'd include the likes of:

• Relocation support for businesses who want to move south to include staff support, office/warehousing/manufacturing facilities in English regions and some sort of business rates package to make the transition easier.
  • Direct grants for those regions contiguous to rUK (D&G and Borders) who want to stay as they are and to integrate them into the rest of the country.  Extend that to S Lanarkshire and E Lothian if there's sufficient uptake.
  • Some sort of special status for the non-contiguous regions such as Shetland and maybe Orkney to either plough their own furrow or to join rUK.  The Crown Dependency of Aberdeen(shire) would need a lot of support but the notion of it as a British exclave is workable.

The UK Gov has to eschew this idea that Scotland is an homogeneous entity both politically and socially and make provision for the decent parts of the country to either continue our delightful partnership or to have the option to have their own independence.

Nationalism is mostly supported by the glengarried-up tartan gonks from the worst housing schemes in the Paisley/Glasgow/N Lanarkshire/Dundee rust belt so there has to be provision to isolate these people from the rest of decent society and, with a £12 billion per annum Scexit bonus, we can afford to do it.

Pity you had to end yer rabid discourse with a pisstake.

Must try harder!

18 minutes ago, Alan Stubbs said:

Let’s have a Republika Srpska type policy where Kincardine’s idea goes ahead and we take in areas of England that want to get away from the regressive gammonfest we’ve left behind.

Long live the People’s Republic of Central Scotland and Bristol.

We should focus our efforts on areas with decent right backs / centre halfs.

Absolutely beautiful seeing staunch Uniontarianists like Kincy move from 'no self-determination at all costs' to 'well if Scotland's going to become indendependent, every post code area should get a completley open-ended referendum in perpetuity'.

Rattled doesn't really cover it here.

Let’s have a Republika Srpska type policy where Kincardine’s idea goes ahead and we take in areas of England that want to get away from the regressive gammonfest we’ve left behind.
Long live the People’s Republic of Central Scotland and Bristol.

You are going to have to throw London in there tbf

1 minute ago, doulikefish said:

Some polling out today

Tories behind Labour? How embarrasing for them.

Also interesting to note that the SNP + Other (presumably majority Green) equals the Yes % almost exactly.

Edited by Gordon EF