When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
16 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:
Campaigning for an independent Scotland so that we can become a *checks notes tax haven with capital punishment ?

Don't forget chewing gum being outlawed as well.

I know a few folk who would likely be tipped from 'No' to 'Yes' if you proposed this.

15 hours ago, NotThePars said:

There's absolutely no reason why Scotland can't seek to emulate South Korea circa 1962-1987

You mean sharing a border with a nation led by authoritarian despots, where the population live in penury thanks to diplomatic and economic isolation? 

Never...

16 hours ago, renton said:

And not even compensating it with the constant 30 degree sunshine.

It's the over 90% humidity thats a problem, however what I meant by following Singapore's example was in a business and financial sense.

Singapore is the only nation I know where a female can walk through the city alone at 2am and not be molested.

Capital punishment is a problem and a lot of it is directed at drug dealers.

16 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
17 hours ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:
Campaigning for an independent Scotland so that we can become a *checks notes tax haven with capital punishment ?

Don't forget chewing gum being outlawed as well.

The Government used to run anti items on a monthly basis such as banning chewing gum which is not a bad thing come to think about it, check your own pavements where people spitting it out is a filthy habit.

Anyway one of the bans was 'Do not to throw your old furniture out the window'!

This was because a new sofa would be delivered to a fifteen storey apartment and the furniture guys would not take the old one away, resulting in the flat owner tossing the old sofa out the window.

Result - Carnage below. 

2 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's the over 90% humidity thats a problem, however what I meant by following Singapore's example was in a business and financial sense.

Singapore is the only nation I know where a female can walk through the city alone at 2am and not be molested.

Capital punishment is a problem and a lot of it is directed at drug dealers.

Singapore in Europe is basically what the Tories want the UK to be post Brexit. It's not really compatible with European notions of social democracy. Low tax, low spend economy with massively deregulated financial sector and generous state aid on the tech sector. 

It's not a route to greater social mobility.

4 hours ago, DiegoDiego said:

What?

I'm just stating a fact, Singapore is the safest and cleanest countries to visit in Asia, people feel free to venture out at night in all areas.

Cameras are everywhere and the police are strict, even your hotel lift will be fitted with a camera.

It's easy to call it a police state by some but the benefit of not even being accosted by beggers or anything far worse is a positive.

21 hours ago, NotThePars said:

There's absolutely no reason why Scotland can't seek to emulate South Korea circa 1962-1987

Spot on in that era, once the Hyundai and Daewoo shipyards got going they cornered the shipbuilding market.

Mind you those same Hyundai and Daewoo  shipyards in Geoje, Ulsan and Mokpo now struggle to attract young South Koreans for manual labour as they just want to work in the LG and Samsung white collar jobs, so they have been importing Chinese manual workers with the resulting travel and accommodation costs.

8 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I'm just stating a fact, Singapore is the safest and cleanest countries to visit in Asia, people feel free to venture out at night in all areas.

Cameras are everywhere and the police are strict, even your hotel lift will be fitted with a camera.

It's easy to call it a police state by some but the benefit of not even being accosted by beggers or anything far worse is a positive.

So living in a police state (if it's easy to call it that then it probably is, I don't really know but using your argument) is worth it because, amongst other things, you don't get bothered by people begging so that they can eat? Get me on that plane!

25 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

It's not a fact at all though, is it. It's hard to find stats for "can a woman walk home alone at 2 am without being molested" but if you take rape statistics as a proxy, Singapore has relatively low numbers but they're nowhere near the lowest. There are quite a few countries below them where you'd expect reporting issues won't make them anomalously low e.g. Japan, Canada Slovakia.

Spot on in that era, once the Hyundai and Daewoo shipyards got going they cornered the shipbuilding market.
Mind you those same Hyundai and Daewoo  shipyards in Geoje, Ulsan and Mokpo now struggle to attract young South Koreans for manual labour as they just want to work in the LG and Samsung white collar jobs, so they have been importing Chinese manual workers with the resulting travel and accommodation costs.

Superb.