When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

hmm I wonder if I need to do a daylight savings correction, thats maybe the reason for those little blobs of changed times in the autumn and winter.

Clock changes - the absolute bane of any time-based analysis🤬

Edited by Gordon EF

In the early years, posting seems to have been a series of false starts before really getting into the swing of things in mid 2013.
There's a definite 'split shift' pattern in Day of the Lords posting, with a flurry in the morning about 7-8am and then another busy patch in the evening. Late 2016/early 2017 (trump vote?) seemed to be an especially busy period of posting. Of people analysed so far, he takes his job the most seriously it seems.
Of interest is that the time that posting gets going is getting progressively earlier as time goes on, also there seems to be a regular pattern of starting the day's posting a wee bit later which coincides with staying up later. You can see little bursts of midnight posting that are out of phase with the bursts of 6-7am starts.
1757945884_DayOfTheLordsPosting-Copy(2).thumb.png.535dc2025209374e55d23bd21354ebc0.png
Accurate. Though I can't remember the 16/17 stuff. May well have been Trump. I post a bit more through the day now than I used to, mainly because the android app was fucking shite and is marginally less so now.

Green dot toll paid, if it's easy enough to do I want dealt in to this. I've got a feeling there'll be a fair share of wee small hours posts (indyref, election night, Brexit, maybe Trump, Covid related death of healthy sleeping patterns, late night drunkposting of a Friday/Saturday)

edit: ohh the BRALT too back in 2012.

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

11 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Thistle_do_nicely has posted all over the place, favouring evenings initially, before spending most time posting in the afternoon, then settling back into posting most often around 6pm. As predicted BRALT drew him into daytime posting for much of 2012, and then the events of 2014-16 saw a flurry of posting at 2, 3, 4am. The last 3 years have been more consistent with diligent abstinence in the mornings and a post lunchtime posting habit.

1707319786_ThistleDoNicelyPosting-Copy.thumb.png.b79a3042d35420d6174b4bb6126fe7c9.png

great stuff, ta for that.

I'd guess the 6pm activity stems from that if I've watched a 3pm Saturday kick off at Firhill I'd be back home around 6pm - 6.15pm, after which I'll have delved into post match threads. In fact any 3pm matches would probably be finished about 5:45pm ish after which threads will start to get busy.

edit: talking shite. it'd be 4:45pm. I'd be back at about 5pm - 5.15pm. Still think a fair chunk of that will be post match stuff as threads fill up, plus thinking on it I used to finish work no later than 5.30pm.

Hope Div pays you a fair cut if he works out a way to monetise all this!

Edited by Thistle_do_nicely

1 hour ago, MixuFruit said:

Right working again. I'm assuming folk who greenied me saying I was charging greenies wanted this doing, let me know if not and I'll delete any.

First up: @MONKMAN AKA the man who does not sleep (sometimes).

As with a few long time posters there's a flurry of posting around 2009 then things go very quiet, then around 2013 he really gets going. There was a period starting in 2015 and proceeding throughout 2016 when monkman didn't really sleep and could be found posting at all hours of the day. His posts have thinned like Stephen Dobbie's hairline in the last couple of years but he does have very impressive spread even these days, being seen posting from very early to late at night.

2132468020_MonkmanPosting-Copy.thumb.png.b569cbfa51c1b6841fef181bad540ed3.png

That would tie in nicely with nightshift boredom. 

I used to be self-employed, and worked odd hours from home. Between wanking and P&B, it's amazing that I got anything done.

Also, I try to limit my contact with other human beings to the internet, where I know they can turn me off if they feel like it. It's only fair.

Just now, MixuFruit said:

onlyfans has never been the same since you left

They loved me like Japanese lassies like a sumo wrestler now and then.

Freeview below.

Spoiler

e6addf4a8f844f20e6fbb62919938e5a91fd2ef3

10 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

NTP is clearly building up to something big. By my calculations he will achieve posting singularity in the mid 2020s.

The most Kincardine-like of the analyses done so far, he has little time for sleep. His posts are spread throughout the day but he most frequently posts around 3pm.

There is a step change in posting that occurred in 2014, this I believe coincides with the period of gainful employment at a bookies. The 2010-2014 period (the 'low effort filthy casual' era) is characterised by being a later riser. 2014-2020 is characterised by a much more serious commitment to posting at all hours of the day. The very slight slackening of this in 2020 might reflect his new salaried career, time will tell if flexi time balances things out for him.

Reckon it's a three act career, brother. Timid noob, settled forum regular and now posting heavyweight. The secret fourth act will be when I achieve posting singularity and become the site itself.

Haha I greenied purely for the entrepreneurship... My 5 posts in the American football section doesn't really justify any effort.

oh also [mention=60195]Hooky2012[/mention] wanted it done but you've posted like 7 times it would be a boring graph.
No more I'm tired.

13 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Now it is the turn of @Gordon EF

A real lifer on P&B who looks like he forgot his password for years, remembered it, did a post, thought better of it, then finally succumbed in 2007. The 2013 reconstruction of the site seems to have been a real galvanising force as once again 2013 marks when he really got going. One spell of quiet around 2016-17 but otherwise quite a consistent poster. Lunchtime has been his most popular time to post since 2014.

1519500640_GordonEFPosting-Copy.thumb.png.0a7bb6fbf6d45d8fc1bca1735134f526.png

I assume my 2003-2007 posts were lost in the purge. Interesting that I had that wee gap in 2016-17 though, can't really think what that was.

I started my first proper job n 2013, the posting during the day really ramped up a notch since then.

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

And finally @renton gets the treatment.

Running Stellaboz close for his devotion to sleep over posting, Renton made one modest lapse around the time of indyref. Otherwise he's a strict 9-5 poster with lighter effort into the evening. Most frequently posting around 11am, though he does hop around a fair bit. There's an odd period in 2010-11 when he only posted late at night which sticks out in an otherwise consistent posting style.

1962341706_RentonPosting-Copy.thumb.png.b401e1cd4e887e5330dcc6d0d9285b10.png

Ah, yeah that was when I was working in a clean room rather than driving physics simulations.

OK. Last two off the post asking for greenies coming up. If you want this done from today onwards you need to ask me directly.
[mention=49520]BucksburnDandy[/mention] has an interesting signature. I'd guess that between 2014 and 2016 he had an alternating shift pattern at work with a strict boss so did most of his posting in his lunch breaks. After that his interest dwindled and his posting activity is a lot more scattered. Very rarely seen after midnight, another sleep favouring P&Ber.
711500397_BucksBurnDandyPosting-Copy.thumb.png.4324ccd37e275d7943d987f7816d9615.png

Do me Mixu!