When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Posh robot Rishi Sunak is the latest Tory to make a visit to us ungrateful scum in Jockoland this morning. On Sky News he described Scotland as a 'power brand'
That poll a few weeks back has really rattled them.

He was getting visibly frustrated with the questions being asked by the BBC presenters also I thought.

Posh robot Rishi Sunak is the latest Tory to make a visit to us ungrateful scum in Jockoland this morning. On Sky News he described Scotland as a 'power brand'
Yes, I was just thinking how grateful we should be for this former hedge fund manager who is married to the daughter of an Indian billionaire coming North to bond with the common folk of Scotland.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It really has they are rattled and poor kincy has been reduced to quoting zoomers from twitter forgetting people on his side murdered an mp in broad daylight 

I listened to this being discussed on "The Briefing Room" on BBC last night, hosted by David Aaranovich, guests included Prof. John Curtice.

In summary, like NI, its demographics and Brexit that will do for the Union.

It will be impossible for a pro Union campaign to convince people that the status quo is the only low-risk option next time.

Interesting that the subject has previously been treated on this show as an interesting, abstract question for political geeks, with little chance of independence happening. Last night there seemed to an almost resigned air that a referendum was coming, and the Union was in big trouble.

17 minutes ago, Academically Deficient said:

Interesting that the subject has previously been treated on this show as an interesting, abstract question for political geeks, with little chance of independence happening. Last night there seemed to an almost resigned air that a referendum was coming, and the Union was in big trouble.

LankyDesertedBadger-small.gif

11 hours ago, Antlion said:

You don’t think BritNats see the UK as anything other than England (and its territories), do you? That’s why they have such a loathing of their own shameful regions. The addiction to the idea of Britishness stems from the fact that it covers up the ugly embarrassments of Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland and allows Little Englanders (wherever they hail from) to think themselves one with, and bask in, the Motherland’s warm, glowing, warming glow.

I should probably point out that my original comment about wanting to see  more antipathy towards the Welsh and Northern Irish sentiment was intended as a throwaway quip as opposed to a heartfelt testimony.

Edited by topcat(The most tip top)

On 07/08/2020 at 09:44, Academically Deficient said:

I listened to this being discussed on "The Briefing Room" on BBC last night, hosted by David Aaranovich, guests included Prof. John Curtice.

It will be impossible for a pro Union campaign to convince people that the status quo is the only low-risk option next time.

I listened to that, too.  I usually like it as it's pretty fair and balanced.  This edition was not.

Alan Little's complete whitewashing of the entire 'grievance and national identity' issue was breathtaking.

I listened to it on BBC Sounds and could only conclude that, "There now follows a party political broadcast..."was cut from the intro.

Speaking of grievance and identity I see that Alyn Smith wants BAME/minority interest groups removed from the Politburo as they hinder the cause of independence.  When Stirling Yooni students - who were 'woke' decades before 'woke' was even a thing - begin to question you then you definitely have a problem:

https://brignews.com/2020/08/08/alyn-smith-under-fire-for-comments-in-leaked-email/

Hates grievance but shares the tweets of people whose views on the imagined wickedness of Muslims and foreigners are so extreme they get banned from Twitter.

Nope, looks like the right to try and play the GRIEEEVAAAANCEEE line has well and truly departed. Sorry, kincy. No one who promotes alt-right crackpots can accuse anyone of basing their politics on “grievance”, however much “grievance” is the word you were told was anti-Natter kryptonite. “Grievance.“

I listened to that, too.  I usually like it as it's pretty fair and balanced.  This edition was not.
Alan Little's complete whitewashing of the entire 'grievance and national identity' issue was breathtaking.
I listened to it on BBC Sounds and could only conclude that, "There now follows a party political broadcast..."was cut from the intro.
Speaking of grievance and identity I see that Alyn Smith wants BAME/minority interest groups removed from the Politburo as they hinder the cause of independence.  When Stirling Yooni students - who were 'woke' decades before 'woke' was even a thing - begin to question you then you definitely have a problem:
https://brignews.com/2020/08/08/alyn-smith-under-fire-for-comments-in-leaked-email/

Have you read this post back?

You literally are saying that you like a program because it's fair and balanced, then spitting the dummy out because they say something you disagree with?

Not that your opinions on Scottish Independence carry much water anyway given that you extracted yourself from the situation in a bit to whitewash the minds of your children

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Were you sober when you were listening?

In fairness everyone know this anyway, except for a few desperate yoons

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
On 07/08/2020 at 09:44, Academically Deficient said:

In fairness everyone know this anyway, except for a few desperate yoons

In Scotland maybe. But this was a Radio 4 item, and would have been an eye-opener for people elsewhere I think. 

One question it addressed was who makes the pro-union case and what its argument would be. No convincing answer was forthcoming beyond borders/currency, which it was accepted is only regarded as a negative if you're already pro-union.

1 minute ago, MixuFruit said:

Vaguely tempted to do some computer magic and validate Marshmallo's theory

This week it will have been Tues/Thurs/Sat. Last week Mon/Wed/Fri/Sun.

It might not be an exact science but it's as near as dammit.

Oh shit, son; Mixu's one of these script kiddies you hear about.

Nobody piss him off; he'll get the goods on you tout suite with his mastery of the dark arts!

Oh shit, son; Mixu's one of these script kiddies you hear about.
Nobody piss him off; he'll get the goods on you tout suite with his mastery of the dark arts!
Or he'll be getting his hole. I know which of them my money is on.

Really hoping Mixu doesn't get his NK today, for the greater good.

Re Kincardine, struggling to think of a time where the reaction of an internet stranger to something that doesn't actually concern him carried more potential for banter/complete loss of cranium.