When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Read an interesting article yesterday where it said that there are moves afoot for establishing A Scottish Independence Party which will just target list seats at the next Scottish elections, the list system is complex  and this tactic has been attempted before by various parties and failed due to lack of votes.

Out of curiosity what is it people think Charles lacks that the Queen has? Why do folk think he'd be disastrous as a king?
There's a part of me that would be interested to see Charles as king, although that's the same part that wanted to see trump as president.

My overriding hatred of the institution stands, but i reckon he could do some interesting things.

Out of curiosity what is it people think Charles lacks that the Queen has? Why do folk think he'd be disastrous as a king?

Queen’s perceived as being above politics whereas Charlie isn’t. Doesn’t really matter if he’s doing good or not.

I find it remarkable that he isn’t king yet given we live in the era of the (fail)sons although I suppose Andrew’s antics count towards that.

31 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Gincardine is sharing a post with 85 likes as evidence of the xenophobia of the nationalist movement which as of 2014 was around 1.6 million people

They're the greatest likes that he has ever seen

Blackford has been making a right c**t of himself recently. He needs replaced as the main man in Westminster. I like him but he comes across like a right dumpling at times.

27 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Out of curiosity what is it people think Charles lacks that the Queen has? Why do folk think he'd be disastrous as a king ?

Imo much of it is due to the way the media portrays them both. Liz is seen as 'salt of the earth', 'a working mum', takes the dugs for a walk and sits at night eating buscuits and watching <insert popular TV show>. Oh look, she's just like us except obscenely wealthy.

Screenshot_20200716-102244.thumb.jpg.2e3a42f9b29baf5b4999fac6fba24cd1.jpg

Charles suffers from this relentless deification of the queen. Tarnished by the Diana/Camilla thing, seen as aloof (writes letters to architects being an example) and it's been inferred many times that he wants Liz to step down so he can take over.

Personally, I'd favour the French method of removing them, but I'm sure he'll be fine as a king if he sticks to shutting the f**k up and ceremonially opening garden centres.

34 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Blackford has been making a right c**t of himself recently. He needs replaced as the main man in Westminster. I like him but he comes across like a right dumpling at times.

He was some state in the Commons yesterday. Total embarrassment. 

22 minutes ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

He was some state in the Commons yesterday. Total embarrassment. 

His performance in PMQs was shambolic and then there was this:

Just cringeworthy. SNP have surely got better people to put up to the job?

ETA: The hypocrisy of the guy speaking is unreal though.

Edited by Ludo*1

He's got a point about the SNP and the monarchy though. 
I'm a republican but I think there are far more important things than if Brenda is going to be Queen in iScotland.

In any case, surely it's upto an iScotland to decide not the present Scottish Government or the SNP?

Read an interesting article yesterday where it said that there are moves afoot for establishing A Scottish Independence Party which will just target list seats at the next Scottish elections, the list system is complex  and this tactic has been attempted before by various parties and failed due to lack of votes.
Ian Murray slavered over an article in the Record - one that had them supposedly taking 24 seats - until it was pointed out to him that that would almost certainly be a thumping majority for independence parties as it was list seats.

Personally I think they will be lucking to save 24 deposits never mind win 24 seats - especially when you look at some of the roasters involved.

It seems to me the major gripe a lot of people have with him is he writes letters to architects telling them glass and steel buildings are shite and stone ones are better. I can't really find anything to disagree with here.
My main issue (apart from the whole concept of royalty), is that he is a hypocrital w**k who doesn't practice what he preaches.

28 minutes ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:
2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:
It seems to me the major gripe a lot of people have with him is he writes letters to architects telling them glass and steel buildings are shite and stone ones are better. I can't really find anything to disagree with here.

My main issue (apart from the whole concept of royalty), is that he is a hypocrital w**k who doesn't practice what he preaches.

Maybe it still rankles with middle England religious types that he stood in a church and took his wedding vows with no intention of keeping them (boasting, in fact, that he had no intention of being the first Prince of Wales that wasn’t banging his way through the noble mares of Blighty). That’s a bit of a minter given his pretensions to being “Defender of the Faith” and “supreme head of the church”.

There’s also plenty of material out there suggesting that he’s a lazy old fucker, isn’t particularly bright or able, and makes outrageous demands in terms of service that would have George IV blushing. None of this sits well with his supposed ideas of “modern monarchy” (an oxymoron if ever there was one). I also can’t see the bizarre “they’re no use constitutionally but they bring tourists” argument sustaining under Charlie, even if he has Camilla annually queef “Jerusalem” from the balcony at Buck House.

Betty gets away with everything (mostly squirrelling away billions in a fortune against the day people see through her family’s con job) because she’s hundreds of years old, and comes from a time when she could bang her horse trainer rotten and the domestic papers wouldn’t breathe a word of it. It was said in the Victorian period by that old conservative Bagehot that if the “magic” of monarchy was stripped away and people saw them as mere humans, that would herald the end of them. The royals themselves, especially the younger ones, are keen on being seen as mere humans, and thus will hopefully be complicit in ending the institution by accident.

4 minutes ago, HTG said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PJTheEconomist/status/1283690891534831618

Mind all that pish from Sunak about the broad shoulders of the union? The funding stimulus is a load of shite which has been uncovered as such because of how little it offered to Scotland. c***s are gonna be c***s. 

Kate Forbes said so at the time and all the usual mob were shouting her down about im sure they will be typing there apoligies 

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

His performance in PMQs was shambolic and then there was this:

Just cringeworthy. SNP have surely got better people to put up to the job?

ETA: The hypocrisy of the guy speaking is unreal though.

When he gets onto detailed financial topic he's quite impressive but he isn't suited for the "yah, boo sucks" of PMQs.

I'd prefer Tommy Shepard or Kenny MacAskill (in that order) to replace him.

2 minutes ago, btb said:

When he gets onto detailed financial topic he's quite impressive but he isn't suited for the "yah, boo sucks" of PMQs.

I'd prefer Tommy Shepard or Kenny MacAskill (in that order) to replace him.

His line of attack at PMQs going on about 'respecting referendum result of Scotland' in regards to Brexit was ridiculous and he must have surely expected the clear and obvious retort from Boris.

He's becoming a joke figure down South and rightly so with his PMQ performances.