When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The sensible thing is for England to simply abandon the Barrnett formula for, say, four years and to stop daft wee Katie trying to crayon IOUs which Holyrood hasn't a hope in hell of ever honouring.

We all know that Scotland is economically gubbed without support from we SE England taxpayers.  We all know that the SotGov plan of independence in Europe is also gubbed.  This is why the trajectory of the debate is now towards ethno-nationalism, hence Devi Sridhar being fooled in to stating that if you support the Union you're anti-Scottish.

Desperate time for the Natters - but at least you can light your Nikla prayer candles for solace.

Who had “too poor” from the cringing, spineless enabler of the racist Brexiteers?

8 minutes ago, Antlion said:

“too poor”

On 04/06/2020 at 20:36, Antlion said:

, “too poor” 

On 09/06/2020 at 06:54, Antlion said:

“too POOR”?

On 25/07/2019 at 17:53, Antlion said:

too poor,

On 28/03/2019 at 15:35, Antlion said:

too poor

That we SE Tory taxpayers prop up The Cult seems to be a constant issue for you.

Let's agree to suspend Barnett then.

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

That we SE Tory taxpayers prop up The Cult seems to be a constant issue for you.

Let's agree to suspend Barnett then.

I’s say you’re doing more than just propping up the cult of UK nationalism (and it’s most recent manifestation - Brexit) - you’re deferentially supporting it. You’ve binned all your pretended principles because, although you claim you really don’t like racist, xenophobic EtHnO-nAtIoNaLiSts, you’ll vote for them as long as they wave a Union Jack.

You’re the gin soaked embodiment of “I don’t like racists - I just like enabling racist things”.

13 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

A congregation of the completely crackers and left wing loons on this section. How ironic that they perceive the general views of the majority to be 'trolling'. Horrendous obsession with it I must say. A minority who can't deal with the realities, very sad indeed. 

You're being a bit harsh there, mate.

I've been posting on here for more than a decade and a half and support Rangers, like you.  I also have issue with Nationalism now and then and have a wee bit of give and take with a few posters.

Mostly my views are respected.  I even topped a P&B poll last year!

So give it time, don't jump in with quick but cheap judgments and maybe you can be as popular as me...

57 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The sensible thing is for England to simply abandon the Barrnett formula for, say, four years and to stop daft wee Katie trying to crayon IOUs which Holyrood hasn't a hope in hell of ever honouring.

Disappointed in you Kinky tbh. You are sounding a bit like Malky here......or that latest yoon weapon who has started posting.

In trying to belittle Scottish public revenue, you are displaying the usual Britnat failure by completely misunderstanding how UK govt revenue actually works. The UK for decades has spent far more than it earns. The exchequer is currently shelling out tens of billions to cover the Covid situation. Where is that money coming from? It ain't the broad shouders of the SE tax payer as you would like us all to believe. Its the BoE printing more money meaning we are all poorer. It's also money being sourced (ie borrowed!!) from the international markets. 

Never mind "wee Katie???"...has the UK ever a hope in hell of paying it's trillions in debt back?

As any sensible commentator knows that whole debt/deficit argument is a total misnomer when it comes to the way national finances work.

Let's abandon Barnett by all means. But at the same time lets make sure the Scottish purse receives ALL its revenue and has the power to make all its own spending decisions.

Back in reality though, we know that no UK government would ever concede to that.

1 hour ago, The_Kincardine said:

We all know that Scotland is economically gubbed without support from we SE England taxpayers.  

As above....this is just pish.... And I ain't even quoting the rest about ethno nats etc cos it's just nonsense.

BTW if independence sitting at mid 50's in the polls and a romping Indy majority projected for Holyrood next year is "desperate times' ........ here's to looking forward to the good times👍

3 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

I've been posting on here for more than a decade and a half and support Rangers, like you.  I also have issue with Nationalism now and then and have a wee bit of give and take with a few posters.

So give it time, don't jump in with quick but cheap judgments and maybe you can be as popular as me...

Bravo

6 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

We all know that Scotland is economically gubbed without support from we SE England taxpayers.  We all know that the SotGov plan of independence in Europe is also gubbed.  This is why the trajectory of the debate is now towards ethno-nationalism, hence Devi Sridhar being fooled in to stating that if you support the Union you're anti-Scottish.

the Trump school of passing off nonsense (or at best the highly subjective) as FACT. Desperate times. 

We all know that Scotland is economically gubbed without support from we SE England taxpayers. 

I’m genuinely interested to know whether you think this SE hub will continue post-Covid.

Leaving aside the unhealthy nature of the SE sucking in capital and people, which is actually far worse for the regions of England than it is for Scotland, I’m not sure the forces of attraction will continue in the same way.

I work for an insurance group, and am meant to be based in the City. Only joined the firm in April, so I’ve not set foot in the office and either has anyone else. There has been no appreciable impact on the business, and the direction of travel will be to move much more heavily to home working.

If that’s the case, what’s the point of a bed sit in Shoreditch or an overpriced box in Hemel Hempstead, when the reality is people need a bigger house, probably out of the city altogether, and in a nice town or village with a shop and pub and decent quality of life.

And in the nicest possible way, although these exist in the SE, you get a lot more bang for your buck further away from London.

I think the economics of the pre-COVID world, at least in relation to the spread of wealth in the UK, may well be changing. You might pay a penny or more in tax in Scotland, but you get so much more for it. I can see a real influx of higher and upper rate taxpayers into Scotland over the next few years, regardless of independence.

Personally reading these politics forums it's silly the way people keep referring to mysterious polls and surveys. Polls are subject to great bias even polls created by so called neutral organisations. Most polls have no validity whatsoever in public opinion unless they are done on a large scale and even then are often wrong. Total waste of time.

7 minutes ago, Thistle_do_nicely said:

wait isn't a significant chunk of London and the South East propped up by a housing bubble that if/when it bursts is going to be catastrophic?

As long as people need houses it won't burst. 

The UK population is only heading in one direction. Immigration, smaller households, longer life expectancy and shite policy will keep the housing crisis going for decades. 

As worst poster.

7 hours ago, Wee Bully said:

If that’s the case, what’s the point of a bed sit in Shoreditch or an overpriced box in Hemel Hempstead, when the reality is people need a bigger house, probably out of the city altogether, and in a nice town or village with a shop and pub and decent quality of life.

Unfortunately picturesque towns and villages aren't exactly hoaching with empty large houses waiting for cities to empty. 

I did a course in High Wycombe Buckinghamshire some years back at Ross Hill, what a fuckin shithole never seen so many town centre  beggers, junkies and drunks necking alcohol in the morning and so much town centre anti social behaviour at nights you couldn't walk around and go for a pint. Hard to find any taxpayers, only bums and stiffs.

Our pal Kincardine seems to be quite happy and content in that shire and he probably fits right in. 

Utterly bizarre interview with @Jackson_Carlaw on Sky. Asked “Why do you think Scotland has been more successful..than England” in dealing with Covid? Squirms awkwardly, then denies, then concedes the point, then says it’s cos virus hit Scotland later!! Tories all over the place.

Independence is inevitable.  Jackson knows it, Kincardine knows it. That's why they're all puce in the face.
Edited by Baxter Parp

Unfortunately picturesque towns and villages aren't exactly hoaching with empty large houses waiting for cities to empty. 

They exist in more numbers there than in Shoreditch.

This is the type of thing that could be the rebirth of towns like Ayr for instance.

What I’m suggesting is that a house with working space (a spare room / home office) further out from the centre will be more attractive than before, as the commute is less of a factor going forward.

However, I will bow to your superior abilities in predicting economic events. Did you ever get your money back on the Northern Rock shares?