When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

816 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 hours ago, Scott Leitch said:

The attitude of many is let them have their independence, bugger off and see where it gets you. That's where the wise majority come in. Many Scots Nationalist supporters don't even bother to present a political case for independence thesedays as every single angle has been torn apart. Instead they simply desire independence and if it left every individual in the country much worse off and Scotland in dire economic condition they wouldn't care as they'd got what they wanted. 

I'm still waiting on a unionist to come in here with the intention of actually being serious. Instead we get people like you. A total waste of time. You've had more chances than anyone to present your case but you just prefer to troll instead.

A congregation of the completely crackers and left wing loons on this section. How ironic that they perceive the general views of the majority to be 'trolling'. Horrendous obsession with it I must say. A minority who can't deal with the realities, very sad indeed. 

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Politically, what does Glasgow or Edinburgh have in common with Newcastle?

Left leaning cities that voted Remain. I'd even go as far to say, as a Weegie, that I have more in common with Geordies, Mancs and Scousers than I do folk from Edinburgh given the former are deindustrialised cities in economic decline with accents the rest of the country finds irritating, dominated by fitba teams filled with their own self-importance and populated by locals with a healthy dislike of their capital cities.

That's not an argument against independence, far from it, but you don't need to invent apparent unbridgeable differences that don't exist.

1 hour ago, Anonapersona said:

I'm still waiting on a unionist to come in here with the intention of actually being serious. Instead we get people like you. A total waste of time. You've had more chances than anyone to present your case but you just prefer to troll instead.

There is no serious case for the UK, apparently - or at least not one that any pro-UK posters here have been interested in making for years.

And Malky’s trying too hard this time. Sad that that is how anyone gets their kicks - going anonymously online and trying to appear as outrageous and stereotypical as possible. I guess it’s a case of trying to get as much negative attention (genuinely unsure why people get pleasure from this) as he can before he’s punted again.

6 minutes ago, Antlion said:

There is no serious case for the UK, apparently - or at least not one that any pro-UK posters here have been interested in making for years.

And Malky’s trying too hard this time. Sad that that is how anyone gets their kicks - going anonymously online and trying to appear as outrageous and stereotypical as possible. I guess it’s a case of trying to get as much negative attention (genuinely unsure why people get pleasure from this) as he can before he’s punted again.

Who is this Malky? I have quite clearly presented the case through my various points. The facts can be difficult to accept I realise but to claim there has been no case made? Dear oh dear. Are you braindead or just blind? 

Who is this Malky? I have quite clearly presented the case through my various points. The facts can be difficult to accept I realise but to claim there has been no case made? Dear oh dear. Are you braindead or just blind? 
I see you pitched in on the running thread by calling folk "ladyboys" and telling them to man up.

Can therefore assume that, Malky or not, you are a bigoted w****r and a troll.

It's not even a very good attempt. The best trolls have a smidgen of truth in their posts. This has absolutely nothing redeeming whatsoever. Poor effort, whoever the pathetic wanky sack of lard is sitting behind it. 

46 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

Edinburgh threatens to defy London on post-Brexit legislation

https://www.ft.com/content/246da90c-3a79-4a96-bdf0-d4b09619339e?shareType=nongift

Good.

I accessed it here.........

https://www.ft.com/content/246da90c-3a79-4a96-bdf0-d4b09619339e

It will be interesting to see what Scottish public opinion makes of this and almost certain other attempts to homogenise the UK on an English Nationalist model masquerading as 'Unionism'.

Will it be shitebaggery or standing up as a nation to be counted ?

5 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Some ginger haired Scotland in Union type will take a photo of himself eating chlorinated chicken saying its fine then die of botulism.

Surely it's destiny that Willie Rennie goes out like that ?

EJqAWkuX0AADFb5.thumb.jpg.bebbba9cf9e68bd4ae011fc8e44fd728.jpgwillie1.jpg.c280819593f3b2c39429f34a79bea66c.jpg

On 07/07/2020 at 11:43, Stellaboz said:

Would Indy2 be more successful if voters in England were allowed to participate? Seems like the majority think we're such a burden on them that they'd want rid of us. 

Given that Scotland is feather-bedded by taxpayers from London and the SE then, of course, it should be a whole-UK vote.  Taxpayers like me have 'skin in the game' @MixuFruitto the tune of hundreds of pounds per annum and the idea that we'd not be consulted is absurd.

Not sure how it would go, though.  We have to consider the decent Unionist community whom we'd want to support but then there are the moonhowling xenophobic cultists who want to partition the country.  My (reluctant) stance (were it a UK-wide vote) would be to vote against independence but I know a fair few who are sick of the constant kvetching from The Cult.

A sensible compromise would be to turn off the Dr Barnett tap for, say, four years and then have an only-Scotland poll.

6 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Given that Scotland is feather-bedded by taxpayers from London and the SE then, of course, it should be a whole-UK vote.  Taxpayers like me have 'skin in the game' @MixuFruitto the tune of hundreds of pounds per annum and the idea that we'd not be consulted is absurd.

Not sure how it would go, though.  We have to consider the decent Unionist community whom we'd want to support but then there are the moonhowling xenophobic cultists who want to partition the country.  My (reluctant) stance (were it a UK-wide vote) would be to vote against independence but I know a fair few who are sick of the constant kvetching from The Cult.

A sensible compromise would be to turn off the Dr Barnett tap for, say, four years and then have an only-Scotland poll.

As usual, principles must be put aside in service of the one true faith and the one true flag (hallowed be its name). Individual thought is not allowed in the UK nationalist community, never mind voting against the wishes of the Borg. Like your principled objection to Brexit, your principled objection to keeping the ungrateful leeches of the north fed and watered is prohibited by allegiance to the empire, what. 

38 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Agreed........ Let's make sure the Scottish public purse has to finance all Scottish spend.

But let's also make sure that Scotland gets to keep ALL revenue raised in Scotland (including the benefit of our multiplier effect coming back to Scotland as opposed to, (as it has been for generations) heading to the scroungers in London and the SE.)

Just as importantly let's also make sure Scotland can fully decide it's own spending priorities.

Then we will have our referendum in 5 years.

13 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Agreed........ Let's make sure the Scottish public purse has to finance all Scottish spend.

But let's also make sure that Scotland gets to keep ALL revenue raised in Scotland (including the benefit of our multiplier effect coming back to Scotland as opposed to, (as it has been for generations) heading to the scroungers in London and the SE.)

Just as importantly let's also make sure Scotland can fully decide it's own spending priorities.

Then we will have our referendum in 5 years.

The sensible thing is for England to simply abandon the Barrnett formula for, say, four years and to stop daft wee Katie trying to crayon IOUs which Holyrood hasn't a hope in hell of ever honouring.

We all know that Scotland is economically gubbed without support from we SE England taxpayers.  We all know that the SotGov plan of independence in Europe is also gubbed.  This is why the trajectory of the debate is now towards ethno-nationalism, hence Devi Sridhar being fooled in to stating that if you support the Union you're anti-Scottish.

Desperate time for the Natters - but at least you can light your Nikla prayer candles for solace.