When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Essentially the extreme No bubble on Twitter is now where the extreme Yes bubble was 6 years ago

I admit I even got caught in some of the hype but the months leading up to the indyref you had wallopers predicting a comfortable 60% Yes vote which ended up being a ridiculous and ultimately unhelpful echo chamber. That’s where your Effie Deans’ of the world are now, albeit on the opposite side of the argument 

The subsequent No vote wasn’t the last dose of reality we have since faced but the Yes movement really needs to unite around the SNP from now until May and secure that unmistakable mandate 

The EU result changed things but so has the pandemic so I’ve no issue with giving the SNP one more go to get the second referendum signed, sealed and delivered 

The Unionists are absolutely rattled at the moment, let’s keep them on the run and hopefully the Polls keep going in the right direction 

Sustained positive polling is essential from now until May 

Edited by Frank Grimes

The North Koreafication continues apace.  Who knew there was a Nicola Sturgeon Appreciation Society?  As you'll know from your membership of the Nicola Sturgeon Appreciation Society there are plans for a mass celebration of Kim Jock Yin's 50th birthday on Sunday week.  Have you put your ideas in?

1298920759_bdaysturgeon.thumb.jpg.7ab0d2286dc533630288d821bce72b7d.jpg

Maybe you could just light your Nicola Sturgeon Candle and offer a prayer for the Chief Mammy.

In normal societies this sort of thing - appreciation societies, prayer candle,self-styled  'chief mammy' title - would be lampooned by comedians and  ripped apart by satirists.  Not in the DPRS, though.  Here, the height of political satire is the FM approving of the 'hilarious' Janey Godley's voice-overs of her images to lampoon the basturt English.

State approved comedy, eh?  Near-deification of the dear leader?  Calls for public birthday celebrations?  What a fucking laugh.

The North Koreafication continues apace.  Who knew there was a Nicola Sturgeon Appreciation Society?  As you'll know from your membership of the Nicola Sturgeon Appreciation Society there are plans for a mass celebration of Kim Jock Yin's 50th birthday on Sunday week.  Have you put your ideas in?
Maybe you could just light your Nicola Sturgeon Candle and offer a prayer for the Chief Mammy.
In normal societies this sort of thing - appreciation societies, prayer candle,self-styled  'chief mammy' title - would be lampooned by comedians and  ripped apart by satirists.  Not in the DPRS, though.  Here, the height of political satire is the FM approving of the 'hilarious' Janey Godley's voice-overs of her images to lampoon the basturt English.
State approved comedy, eh?  Near-deification of the dear leader?  Calls for public birthday celebrations?  What a fucking laugh.
Writing a raging spiel that length about a tweet that is either a spoof or an outlying zoomer......

This one is finished. Throw the next one in.

Apart from anything else I have to take my hat off to the sheer shift Sturgeon has been putting in.   She leads everything all the time and comes across a class act.

Regardless of party politics, her work ethic is commendable.  

I did not believe Scottish independence would be strengthened by a global pandemic but shows how mad the world is.  i think independence is only worth it if enough people buy into it.  I feel it's on that trajectory.  It feels like the normal point of view in my age group.

2 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

'@JournoStephen', I believe. 

That’s someone I’ve not heard of in a while. I remember at the time of the referendum him still being a relatively sane commenter but since then has gone so far off to the Uber-yoon side of things he became almost parody.

4 hours ago, Frank Grimes said:

The subsequent No vote wasn’t the last dose of reality we have since faced but the Yes movement really needs to unite around the SNP from now until May and secure that unmistakable mandate 

The EU result changed things but so has the pandemic so I’ve no issue with giving the SNP one more go to get the second referendum signed, sealed and delivered 

The Unionists are absolutely rattled at the moment, let’s keep them on the run and hopefully the Polls keep going in the right direction 

Sustained positive polling is essential from now until May 

I have sympathy for this argument and maybe would've considered giving them a vote next year on this basis but the recent fucking over of renters was too much tbh. Worried that uncritically backing them in 2021 just gives them carte blanche to go down a Tory lite path in the next parliament for a mandate that's going to be treated as seriously as every other apparent mandate the SNP have won in recent years.

11 minutes ago, Rodhull said:

That’s someone I’ve not heard of in a while. I remember at the time of the referendum him still being a relatively sane commenter but since then has gone so far off to the Uber-yoon side of things he became almost parody.

Drink it in, it doesn't get any better than this.

D59yMfeWkAI1e5o.thumb.jpg.2f49b857015be89f65fc72a0ca5da9fe.jpg

On 28/06/2020 at 09:33, Gordon EF said:

Everyone's met a Kincardine. Nobody treats them seriously in the real world. The same rules should apply for the internet.

"Enjoy yer night pal"

To go back a few pages I'm not sure how any other resource rich, net exporting country has ever managed without SE England literally financing their entire national budget.

What an absolute roaster you are [emoji23][emoji23]

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

lol Kincardine fancies Sturgeon

3 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Super Saturday's taken a heavy toll on old Kincy.

I have sympathy for this argument and maybe would've considered giving them a vote next year on this basis but the recent fucking over of renters was too much tbh. Worried that uncritically backing them in 2021 just gives them carte blanche to go down a Tory lite path in the next parliament for a mandate that's going to be treated as seriously as every other apparent mandate the SNP have won in recent years.
^My team Labour

4 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:
5 hours ago, NotThePars said:

^My team Labour

My constituency vote is up for grabs but my list vote is going Green.