When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's interesting that Johnson and Rees-Mogg are dropping into current political talk that there isn't a Scotland England border, that Scotland is a region and now we have English air bridges announced - without 4 nation agreement. Factor in the 49% of English Tories who would like English independence and it looks promising for another increase in those wanting indy up here. Especially as the Scottish government continue with what seems a clear plan (mind you, anything would seem competent when judged against Westminster) to cut the effects of Covid even further. We really are a different country.
This is all deliberate and is designed to appeal to their English nationalist audience. Right on cue I spoke half an hour ago to my brother-in-law in Poole who informed me that 'folk down there really hate Sturgeon'. When I asked why he said it was all the 'independence stuff'. I think we all need to accept that a considerable body of people in England really do not understand why a considerable body of people in Scotland, Wales and NI want their nations to follow a different trajectory from that of the UK. Rather than waste time and effort on them it is better to convince enough people here in Scotland thro good governance that the nation's best interests lie in determining our own affairs, and quite possibly as a member of the EU. RUK can go it's own way with our sincere best wishes.

10 hours ago, NotThePars said:

Sound @The_Kincardine horn

BoromirHorn.jpg

Well, of course, they are both wrong and both equally absurd.

Boris and JRM declaiming that there is no border riled me as there patently is.

Wee Nikla, OTOH, has politicized the arse out of Covid and could give international master classes on dog-whistling.  

A plague on both their houses.

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
13 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:
It's interesting that Johnson and Rees-Mogg are dropping into current political talk that there isn't a Scotland England border, that Scotland is a region and now we have English air bridges announced - without 4 nation agreement. Factor in the 49% of English Tories who would like English independence and it looks promising for another increase in those wanting indy up here. Especially as the Scottish government continue with what seems a clear plan (mind you, anything would seem competent when judged against Westminster) to cut the effects of Covid even further. We really are a different country.

This is all deliberate and is designed to appeal to their English nationalist audience. Right on cue I spoke half an hour ago to my brother-in-law in Poole who informed me that 'folk down there really hate Sturgeon'. When I asked why he said it was all the 'independence stuff'. I think we all need to accept that a considerable body of people in England really do not understand why a considerable body of people in Scotland, Wales and NI want their nations to follow a different trajectory from that of the UK. Rather than waste time and effort on them it is better to convince enough people here in Scotland thro good governance that the nation's best interests lie in determining our own affairs, and quite possibly as a member of the EU. RUK can go it's own way with our sincere best wishes.

Isn't Sturgeon one of the most popular politicians across the entire UK?

I see that Peter Wishart is writing utter baws again.  I read his latest blog on indyref2 here:  https://petewishart.wordpress.com/

"A request to the EU to sanction this referendum should be made and every attempt to involve them in the designing of that referendum should be pursued." is the highlight.

Now I know that joined up thinking rests uneasily with The Cult but appealing to the EU after the decent folk of Scotland said 'no thanks' in 2014??  Must surely be a new level of bampottery.

6 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
14 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

This is all deliberate and is designed to appeal to their English nationalist audience. Right on cue I spoke half an hour ago to my brother-in-law in Poole who informed me that 'folk down there really hate Sturgeon'. When I asked why he said it was all the 'independence stuff'. 

Your brother in law is most probably an arsehole, hates the French and voted for this c**t. 

Screenshot_20200703-235945_Chrome.jpg

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

I see that Peter Wishart is writing utter baws again.  I read his latest blog on indyref2 here:  https://petewishart.wordpress.com/

"A request to the EU to sanction this referendum should be made and every attempt to involve them in the designing of that referendum should be pursued." is the highlight.

Now I know that joined up thinking rests uneasily with The Cult but appealing to the EU after the decent folk of Scotland said 'no thanks' in 2014??  Must surely be a new level of bampottery.

The image of a brainwashed, drunken slab of gammon working up an aneurysm on a Friday night by furiously reading a blog that DARES to question the true faith is possibly more amusing than Wishart himself. Nothing seems to trouble the staunch zealots like those who just can’t see the pure red, white, and blue light of truth. And yet every word of infidels like Wishart must be monitored to ensure that shining red glaze.

14 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The image of a brainwashed, drunken slab of gammon working up an aneurysm on a Friday night by furiously reading a blog that DARES to question the true faith is possibly more amusing than Wishart himself. Nothing seems to trouble the staunch zealots like those who just can’t see the pure red, white, and blue light of truth. And yet every word of infidels like Wishart must be monitored to ensure that shining red glaze.

Bit disappointed that it's just you replying, mate.  Have you given @Baxter Parpthe night off?

Any time I post on here - irrespective of the hour - I get you and yer pal replying. 

I feel slighted.

2 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

Pseudonymous ultra Effie Deans has had some thoughts about remaking Hong Kong on inchkeith or something.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/11920027.scotland-could-be-site-of-new-hong-kong-says-study/

Nothing new. The idea to relocate Hong Kong and it's people on a Scottish island was first muted by Tories away back before the 1997 handover.

Britnat jokes in Scotland like the aforementioned Effie Deans now wish to regurgitate this pish.

Wonder Why?

I am sure it's nothing to do with the fact that independence is consistently polling at over 50%.😂

Of course with Bojo and his mob of Uber Brit loons in charge it could become reality.

Edited by git-intae-thum

18 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

The corporate style guide has been updated, 'sensible majority' is out, 'decent folk' is in.

The “decent folk” have been active on Twitter defending David Starkey for being hounded over his innocent “damn blacks” comment, and sharing a petition to have the Scottish EXECUTIVE abolished and direct rule by Winston Churchill’s statue (or something) imposed on Scotlandshire. Check the comments from those with 🇬🇧 in their names on that weasel Carlaw’s tweet about supporting the SNP over face masks. He’s a filthy traitor to the true faith, apparently.

British unionism’s co-option by far-right extremists has been one of the only pluses of Brexit. It will be useful (if not entirely safe) to see “Better Together” rallies, marches, and online groups dominated by neo-Nazis. Sorry, “decent folk” who are just sick of the filthy SNP not being proud to be British and catering instead to the ethnics.

Your brother in law is most probably an arsehole, hates the French and voted for this c**t. 

Screenshot_20200703-235945_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8c055d1bcc256d3398a8e71f7307c008.jpg
He's not, he doesn't and he most certainly didn't - 0/3, must try harder. If you read my post you'll see that he merely communicated the general view of the local populace about Nicola Sturgeon, he doesn't share it.

5 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:
14 hours ago, speckled tangerine said:

He's not, he doesn't and he most certainly didn't - 0/3, must try harder. If you read my post you'll see that he merely communicated the general view of the local populace about Nicola Sturgeon, he doesn't share it.

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Nicola_Sturgeon

Nicola Sturgeon is the 2nd most popular other UK public figure and the 3rd most famous. 

Hmmm.

43 minutes ago, Baxter Parp said:

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/explore/public_figure/Nicola_Sturgeon

Nicola Sturgeon is the 2nd most popular other UK public figure and the 3rd most famous. 

Hmmm.

That's as may be but in terms of most popular, she is sandwiched between Farage and Bercow with Swinson also hanging about.

But hold on, you've sneaked in a qualifier.

another version

Nicola Sturgeon is the sixth most popular UK politician and the tenth most famous. 

Wee Nippy's plan, when she became FM six years ago, to abandon good governance in Scotland and focus entirely on selling  independence to the aggrieved, the bitter, the ignorant and the xenophobic is working brilliantly.  Here is the Yes Convoy shouting at the basturt English to f**k off back to their ane country.  Civic nationalism, eh?

Wee Nippy's plan, when she became FM six years ago, to abandon good governance in Scotland and focus entirely on selling  independence to the aggrieved, the bitter, the ignorant and the xenophobic is working brilliantly.  Here is the Yes Convoy shouting at the basturt English to f**k off back to their ane country.  Civic nationalism, eh?

By identical logic, see here EVERY SINGLE RANGERS FAN!!!!!!

44630_1.jpeg

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Sharing tweets from a far right Brexiteer. So much for Kincy’s British Nationalism being utterly opposed to the aggrieved, bitter, ignorant and xenophobic extremist elements of Brexity BritNattery. Here he is sharing and spreading one of their “agent’s” posts.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Natters on here using the old Juan Ghuy argument.  Meanwhile, the actions of the Yes Convoy - to bawl at the English to f**k off out of Scotland - are approved by a senior Natter politician.  Civic nationalism, eh?

Dodging the Sevco comparisons I see.

7 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Natters on here using the old Juan Ghuy argument.  Meanwhile, the actions of the Yes Convoy - to bawl at the English to f**k off out of Scotland - are approved by a senior Natter politician.  Civic nationalism, eh?

Ooft, that heart attack can’t be far away now. Little part rising blood pressure at people questioning the empire, little part mortification at suddenly finding yourself championing and spreading the message of Brexiteer hate-mongers you forgot you claimed to oppose. Who will you be supporting next - Farage? Mankyjaiket?