When will indyref2 happen?

Colkitto

Indyref2  

819 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

7 hours ago, Ludo*1 said:

I've no idea, just comedian Limmy doesn't tend to get involved in politics except from his Thatcher stuff so surprised to see him roast Wings.

7 hours ago, MixuFruit said:

was ages ago, before his no politics thing he does now

Wonder how Mr Malcolm is getting on. Hope his bar survives this covid business, needing some quality debate and a nice cocktail.

The SNP doesn't have to move on independence when people still hit out with "I don't like the SNP but they have my vote til indy" you are giving them carte blanche to drag their heels on this. At least pretend you're giving both votes to the Greens or whoever in 2021.

It's mental. Absolutely mental. Scottish Yoonballs are actually defending Johnston and Cummings throughout this whole affair.. They are a strange, strange bunch. Also hearing "Not listening to Nippy if lock-down is lifted in England before here" a lot. Yes, the evidence, which shows that per head of population, the UK has the worst death rate of COVID 19, but aye, lifting lock-down is a smashing idea at this point. Has worked so well for Sweden, who most likely will take over from the UK with regards to that stat. Batter in; risk you and your families lives because you don't like "that SNP" or "Jimmy Kranky". 

It's mental. Absolutely mental. Scottish Yoonballs are actually defending Johnston and Cummings throughout this whole affair.. They are a strange, strange bunch. Also hearing "Not listening to Nippy if lock-down is lifted in England before here" a lot. Yes, the evidence, which shows that per head of population, the UK has the worst death rate of COVID 19, but aye, lifting lock-down is a smashing idea at this point. Has worked so well for Sweden, who most likely will take over from the UK with regards to that stat. Batter in; risk you and your families lives because you don't like "that SNP" or "Jimmy Kranky". 

The Krankies live in England so it’s nothing to do with them

I don’t think it’s Buckinghamshire though...

Or Bath

5 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The Krankies live in England so it’s nothing to do with them

I don’t think it’s Buckinghamshire though...

Or Bath

think they moved to Australia but come back here for the lucrative Panto season each year. Neither the father or son are fans of the SNP from what I can gather.

47 minutes ago, KingRocketman II said:

think they moved to Australia but come back here for the lucrative Panto season each year. Neither the father or son are fans of the SNP from what I can gather.

The son clearly isn't auld enough to vote, so I DGAF.

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

Are they? Tbf I haven't been paying attention but the big headline hitters, Dougie Ross, Adam Tomkins and Jackson Carlaw, said he should go. Has there been further development?

1 hour ago, DAFC. said:

I’m not too concerned.  The support for Sturgeon’s handling of this is immense.

Let the forelock tuggers hate, hopefully they will drive themselves to early gammon graves. 

Ipsos Mori poll shows 63% of Scots want another IndyRef at some point in the future. It broke it down in to within or after the next 5 years. When you crunch the numbers it worked out at 63% want one at some point.

Quite surprised it was as high as that tbh.

Agree 63% seems awfae high - sure there will be the aye bring it on to vote No and finish it forever - but sure the last few polls were almost 40/40 split on this question of it being held in the near future.

I know of one person who's now a Yes. I don't think he was political before - he might even been one of the 15% who didn't vote in Indyref - but he's seen enough he says etc. Hypothetical etc, but I knew of 4 people who voted SNP in December (in Angus, who didn't in 2017 - 2 returning SNP voters ; 1 non-voter and a Labour-switcher/now indy supporter).

Hopefully the UK government's arrogance and ineptness of Covid has pushed a few more % over to Yes.

And barring a disaster or a huge amount of amnesia, the SNP with/out the Greens should get a majority of seats in 2021. The UK govt will rubber the request, then what happens? Nothing? Or a big long, drawn out legal process?

Can you remember the Scotch Tories ringing endorsement for BJ during his coronation, sorry, election as leader?

No, neither can I. They knew the guy was a fucking useless dick and would be toxic here for the soft nos. 

58 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

It just says 63% want a Ref, not that they will vote yes. However the longer BJ and Cummings hang on in Westminster I can only see the numbers moving in one direction. Some of the Scots Tories know this that why they want Cummings out.

Its says that 63% are at least open minded to the idea of independence. There are not many who would definitely vote No tomorrow that want one to try and settle the issue, that's not been the consistent message coming out of either Tory or Labour HQ these last 6 years after all.

this is a long game.  Sturgeon is getting a bounce currently and she's clearly working tirelessly.  If we were independent we wouldn't be getting our news feed full of Dominic Cummings and Scottish issues would be the main focus.

I don't doubt Nicola Sturgeon has acted in good faith and I admire her in many ways.  However  Jason Leitch was telling people it was fine to attend concerts of 15,000 people a mere days before lockdown, presumably giving Sturgeon similar advice and with her consent to propogate this on national tv.  Is it not obvious she was given bad advice and they were in for herd community in the early days?   I'm not convinced by her reasons why elderly people and care home workers were not tested earlier to prevent spreading either.  These are all issues she is ultimately accountable for.

It's easy to apply hindsight but we need to know how she came to the above two decisions with the information available at the time.  In my opinion these are bigger issues than Dominic Cummings as disgraceful as his actions are.

You'd imagine that a fair number of that 63% would be folk who appreciate the principle that, if a party/parties puts an issue in their election manifesto and wins a majority, the very least the electorate can expect is that they'll have the opportunity to have a further vote on that specific issue, whether it's independence, hanging, or banning green jeans.

I dare say a few might also agree that here today, gone tomorrow politicians should never have the power to tell the electorate that if a vote is held on an issue, they'll never have an opportunity to change their minds, no matter who they subsequently vote for.